Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A momentary lapse in sanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra G SRI Turbo

Why: Because when I bought it 5 months ago it was the best value for the $$$ on the 4 cyl turbo market and is different to your average jap-mobile. The build and fit quality is also very good on OPELS.

NSW Cruise Co-ordinator maloo97's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra G

First car was a nissan pulsar, did the job but was not a fan. Back in 04 after getting my licence back I had about 3 cars i was interested in. Mazda 3 , Ford focas or the opel G.

Mazda 3 was awesome but just out of my price range
    Oh ford my mate brought one and was not a fan
    And well the astra was just right. Had everything i wanted as standed. Abs, Tracton controll , pwr etc, you know.
    Plus price waz awesome as they were discounting to bring in the ah mods
    euro cars rock too.

Ye Calibra:

Awesome car to drive.
    Love the style of the car, 4 seater Click here to enlarge an the fact its not like there is a million out there like the astras
    Last edited by maloo97; 18th March 2007 at 05:20 PM.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vectra CDXi

Because I wanted a manual V6, leather seats and ESP. There aren't too many cars meeting this spec without spending really big amounts. Oh, and a Commodore is just too big for me...

OpelAus Enthusiast Misguidedangel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra G 5dr
    first car was a lancer coupe. i wrote that off, so my criteria for the next car was ABS, more than 2 doors, pwr mirrors and windows, and i found it all in an astra for a decent price and in an awesome colour.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :astra g sri 2.2

i needed to buy a late model low km car originally i looked at an 04 hyundai elantra. but didnt like it. didnt even think about buying an opel until i spotted my sri on the way out of the dealership. got hooked up with a test drive. now here i am
    Click here to enlarge
    token opelaus minitrucker???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I HAD A 2.2 SRI CAUSE MY MATE WORKS FOR HOLDEN AND HE GOT ME A RIPPER OF A BARGAIN, THEN ... NEEDED SOMETHING FASTER SO I UPGRADED TO THE TURBO!!
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Astra CDTI, the manual one.

looks good, very good build quality, extremely easy on fuel and oh, all that torque! it is just a heavily discounted hot hatch this little oiler.
    another reason is the Redbook 3 year resale value: 72%, that's higher than Impreza's. no, i'm not an accountant, but hey, these things matter isn't it? Click here to enlarge
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't, I bought a Holden.

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra H CDX:

Because at the time I was working for Renault and loved the Megane and was going to buy one, but a friend made me see sense and look at other options. Mostly because off ownership costs and future re-sale. I also like the quality of the Astra and the fact that when you closed the door it felt like a little bank vault. I originally was going to buy the CD with a few options but decided instead to go for the CDX, even though i told the saleslady that the I would never buy one because it was the "going to the bowls club and waiting to die" model, due to the Velour trim and plastic wood. In the end I decided I liked the extra luxury features and surprise and delight things that the CDX had. Things like the illuminated vanity mirrors (So i could do my make up whilst driving, and talking on the phone, and having a cigarette, and yelling at the person on the back seat), the scuff plates, standard mats, leather wheel, trip computer ect.

Astra H SRi T:

Well on pic up day of my CDX I asked for a job, had a quick interview and about a month later started working there. So anywho I was getting over the underpowered CDX and with the great staff discounts involved it wasn't going to be too big a stretch to git into the SRi T. Love that it has everything my old CDX has plus more. Also looks waaaaaaaaay hot.

Thread Information