Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X20XEV to Z20LET (in Brazil)

Hy guys!!!

My first post... (sorry if I made some bad thing below,
    including the grammatical errors).

I am a happy brazilian guy because I had the chance to get some parts of engine Z20LET (intercooler, some pipes, fan) with the help of the Jason and Astralopiteco! :clap:

In Brazil the Astra Turbo version is not commercialized, only the XE20EV (2.0 8V flex fuel) and C20SEL that is similar to the XE20XEV (2.0 16V).

I bought the turbocharger of the Astra VXR (from Regal Autosport/UK).

Now few steps lack me to install the turbo system.

If somebody will be able to help me with pics, would be very grateful!

I haven't idea how you make the linkings of oil and to water (hose to turbocharger return, pipe oil to turbocharger feed, hose, bend, to turbocharger cooling return, hose to water to turbocharger feed, and the hose indicated in the drawing)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Thanks!!!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Last edited by Iran; 7th March 2007 at 09:50 AM.

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can get the oil feed from the side of your engine closest to the firewall. there's a plug in the block near the pressure sensor and oil filter which is a M14x1.5 fitting.

you will have to tap the sump to create an oil return

you should be able to intercept any water line, in fact there's a water line that goes into your throttle body to prevent icing. i would put a t-piece there in order to get water to your turbo. there's also a water line that runs across the top of the exhaust manifold next to the rocker cover. this might be useful to get water into your turbo.

you might also want to ask on migweb.co.uk and speak to your brazilian friend mattheus on migweb who has lots of information about turboing brazilian chevrolet's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum Click here to enlarge
    you can get the oil feed from the side of your engine closest to the firewall. there's a plug in the block near the pressure sensor and oil filter which is a M14x1.5 fitting.
    Thank you, InsaneAsylum!!!

The plug what you spoke is some of these of the pic (1) or (2)?

Click here to enlarge

you will have to tap the sump to create an oil return
    Click here to enlarge

I thought about making something similar. The original return is soon above, right?

you should be able to intercept any water line, in fact there's a water line that goes into your throttle body to prevent icing. i would put a t-piece there in order to get water to your turbo. there's also a water line that runs across the top of the exhaust manifold next to the rocker cover. this might be useful to get water into your turbo.
    In engine C20SEL does not have the water line that goes into throttle body. Is the water line that runs across the top of the exhaust manifold next you to rocker to cover, in the pic?

Click here to enlarge

you might also want to ask on migweb.co.uk and speak to your brazilian friend mattheus on migweb who has lots of information about turboing brazilian chevrolet's
    Thank you, I'm going to look for Matheus, and ask him!

Regards!
    Last edited by Iran; 7th March 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i beleive it's number 2 for the oil supply.
    on the z20let, it returns into the side of the block but. as long as it returns above the oil level in the sump, this oil must not be restricted from returning in any way!!!
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it's definetly number 2 for the oil feed

that is a water line you have circled. you might be able to make that work with your turbo, i would ask on migweb just to be 100% sure of it's suitability.

good luck with your conversion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by auzvectra Click here to enlarge
    i beleive it's number 2 for the oil supply.
    on the z20let, it returns into the side of the block but. as long as it returns above the oil level in the sump, this oil must not be restricted from returning in any way!!!
    Thank you! I hope it returns above the oil level in the sump, preventing that turbocharger smoke!

yes it's definetly number 2 for the oil feed
    that is a water line you have circled. you might be able to make that work with your turbo, i would ask on migweb just to be 100% sure of it's suitability.
    good luck with your conversion.
    Perfect I already found the Matheus in migweb (Matheus428)!
    Thank you InsaneAsylum!!!
    Regards

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us posted on how you fare with this project!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lt Ketch Click here to enlarge
    Keep us posted on how you fare with this project!
    Of course!!! Thank you!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yes please just us posted, havin an X20XEV myself will be interesting to see how this goes Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theoretically it will work well. there are 2 possible snags i can see and one of them is maxing out the ecu's capabilities, the other one is high compression.

although the c20sel and c22sel run 9.6:1 which is a lot closer to the calibra turbo's 9:1 than the x20xev's 10.5:1 is. so you could probably run between 5 and 10 pounds boost providing the ecu could accurately read the amount of air that was getting sucked in and provide the right amount of fuel.

i wanted to do this a long time ago, i did a lot of research but i didn't have the time, space, money or resources to stuff around and i needed my car on the road.

Thread Information