OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vibraton in Vectra B

I have owned this car from new and one of its virtues has always been how smooth the engine was.(98 2 litre).I recently replaced plugs, leads, fuel filter etc and Holden did a full cambelt kit change. Car was great. Drove car into carport and jacked it up to check anti roll bar bushes, lowered the car off jacks and started engine and instantly noticed a harmonic vibration through steering wheel dash etc.
    Note car runs fine no misfire.
    Since then I have tried changing back the plugs etc. Holden at no cost rechecked the timing belt and tensioner checked engine mounts and even did a tech 2 although they admit there is a vibration they put it down to the age of the car. (only 98,000 klm ) also replaced roll bar bushes.
    Vibration is not shuddering just annoying.
    My thoughts hve been engine mount rubber that maybe split but cant determine visually or one of the timing kit components is out of wack.
    Any ideas as the vibration is like Chinese water torture and makes our Barina feel like a BMW.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when does the vibration occur, like at idle of during driving???
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a harmonic vibration from idle right through the rev range. Idle itself is spot on just the buzzing through the wheel,dash etc.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to revive an old post but did you find the problem? As my mums vectra has the same prob.

Cheers

Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id say it could be a engine mount.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I''d say you where wrong! I did put new mounts in and replaced the top engine stay but never got rid of the annoying vibration. My father now has the car and thinks its great and it dosent bother him.
    Maybe someday when clutch needs replacing we might find an answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say i said "could" be the issue, I didnt say it was.

If it doesnt bother your dad then thats great.

Thread Information