Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N1 exhaust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N1 exhaust

hey guys i spoke to N1 last friday about a Cat back exhuast system, got qouted $450 for custom 2 1/2 inch cat back with xforce stainless steel muffler....sound like a good deal to any1?

Oh btw the pipe size can be increase to 3" but i dont want it too loud
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo
    163.3fwkW@ 15psi
    Winton Short Track: 1:17:62 (Street tyres)
    Winton Long Track: 1:49:42 (Street tyres)
    Wakefield Park: 1:18:46 (Street tyres)

Anonymous
    what sri you got? Corsa sri or astra sri/srit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SRI-t
    sorry forgot to mention that, they said they've neva modded a SRI-t b4
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo
    163.3fwkW@ 15psi

Anonymous
    dude i really dont know with the turb's... sorry
    Speak with the SRiT boys. They'll help you out.

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally, i'd get a turbo back exhaust with a high flow cat. but that's depending on budget. i think $450 is a good price for a cat back system and if i had a turbo i'd be going for 2.5" as i reckon 3" would just make a difference in noise.... but thats my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yer thats y i want 2 1/2 inch, im only doin cat back so my warrenty doesnt get void
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo
    163.3fwkW@ 15psi

Anonymous
    get a few other prices... are you doing it for sound or performance?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man....

Turbo back may not be the answer.

These cars have a really small turbo, so a 3 inch turbo back is possibly not the best thing. Amd recommend just a 2 1/2 inch catback. Leave the precat alone. Oh so it spools quicker..!!!! Cool... Overboost= engine light = Holden= reset ECU.

Remember the engine lights Jass??? Goran..???

Possible emission testing..?????

Warranty..???? Holden seem happy with catback. They got toey about turbo back.

I have had a really @#^%&# bad time setting up the exhaust. It took 3 attempts to get a system that did not give me a headache. Too loud... droning..etc.... Cost me $1400 in the end.

Oh yeah, anyone who tells you that a big exhaust on an Sri T is worth a truckload of kw's is full of it. The standard system is already 2 1/4 inch. You may get a few kw's (4-5) extra, but not much. Again, save the cash, and spend it on the Amd remap. (Boost gauge, timer+ exhaust= $1000 now...)

Go ahead and flame me. I don't care. Spend your money on something that will give you a real result. I should have. I can see this thread getting way outa hand.....

Anonymous
    It wont Wayne, coz you just talking from personal preference. However, i do have a point to make aswell. Isn't it recommended to get intake and exhaust done before playing with the ECU?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.... cool... debate time.

Go dyno the car before and after a catback. There won't be much difference. A decent catback system will cost close to $1000. That's good mufflers, mandrel bends etc. And for a few kw's..?? Hell of a lot to spend. Say you get 8kw. That's $125 per kw. Now a remap. gives about 30kw for $1500. Hmm.... now that's $50 a kw. Better ratio..????

My preference is not to have a system that will destroy my hearing. True. But remember this silly little thing called.."The Law"..???

Having things done before a remap..?? Total rubbish. These ECU's are very clever. They adapt. Go research OBD2 and EOBD. Then you will see how smart these modern ECU's are.

Just stop and think for a minute. That's really all I am saying. Do not go and whack a 5 inch system on just because some moron says so. Full sik is garbage. Research what you do. Think. Stop. And think again.

Thread Information