Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    Well Kia are korean and are one the best selling car companies globally...and they have 30% of the euro market...so i think it really depends on which car maker...not where they are from.

Remember...mercs and porsche are **MADE IN CHINA**

Cheers
    DUG74

Which Mercedes Benz are you refereing to Made in China ???

MB100 / MB 140 Vans.were made in Koreia by Mussio.

Have yet to come across a Benz made in China in my 4 years of Working For Daimler Chrysler.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    i think it looks good actually......

*waits to be flamed*
    I think it potentially looks quite good. Though it really depends on the pic. Some pics depict a sleek looking car, others reveal an out of proportion vehicle which you would expect from cheaper manufacturers. Hard to tell without seeing it on the road in full CDXi kit. I did notice the similarity to the Suzuki SX4, the headlights look very similar.
    Buts lets face it, Holden is just trying to fill all the gaps at the right prices. It all comes down to what audience you target and the price. Bringing across the new Chev Camaro which could be labelled the next Monaro, does that change the situation? No. What about if Holden imported an Opel GT roadster convertible? Does that really make the Holden brand any better? We all know they are imports. Did you know, the most popular car of all time is the Toyota Corolla? Is it affordable and economical? Yes. Is it reliable? Yes. So as long as Epica hits the same sort of spots, it should sell okay. Is the Corolla the best? No but it sells well.
    I think what you will find with Epica [don't like the name], it will appeal to people who aren't concerned about sportscar performance but want interior and safety features at a good price as well as good economy. There aren't too many cars I know of in the mid 20k to low 30K with the size or level of features of this car. You can have leather for 33k in a midsized car, with all the airbags you want :-)

2007 Holden Epica pricing:
    Epica CDX 2.0 - $25,990
    Epica CDX 2.5 (a) - $27,990
    Epica CDXi 2.5 (a) - $30,990

Now the problem with the ZC Vectra, was the price. The CDXi is a very nice car but it was priced against the Commodore. With the VE in showrooms now, it was never going to work. Holden will continue to work around Commodore sales. There was a lesson there, a tough one considering what the Vectra actually did offer. Two years ago, it was a superior car in many ways to all other cars in the class. Honda Accord Euro reaped all the rewards with a similar configuration but it was miles behind in terms of performance. The Vectra has a great v6 engine with a very smooth gearbox with some nice creature features. Few cars come near it as an over all package. Once again though, an Accord buyer probably doesn't want performance. If they wanted performance in that price range they would have bought a WRX, an SV8 or XR6T.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Red AH SRI T Click here to enlarge
    What proof do u have that these cars are unreliable?

Crap hardly defines Captiva.
    Crap it certainly is not!

and to top it off Holden has a 3 month waiting list!
    Read the latest NRMA report the Captiva came in last compared to other "soft' roaders

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NRMA knows nothing. They are an insurance and roadside assistance company.

I have a new name for the Epica.

Holden Nannyca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vectra_zc Click here to enlarge
    I think it potentially looks quite good. Though it really depends on the pic. Some pics depict a sleek looking car, others reveal an out of proportion vehicle which you would expect from cheaper manufacturers. Hard to tell without seeing it on the road in full CDXi kit. I did notice the similarity to the Suzuki SX4, the headlights look very similar.
    Buts lets face it, Holden is just trying to fill all the gaps at the right prices. It all comes down to what audience you target and the price. Bringing across the new Chev Camaro which could be labelled the next Monaro, does that change the situation? No. What about if Holden imported an Opel GT roadster convertible? Does that really make the Holden brand any better? We all know they are imports. Did you know, the most popular car of all time is the Toyota Corolla? Is it affordable and economical? Yes. Is it reliable? Yes. So as long as Epica hits the same sort of spots, it should sell okay. Is the Corolla the best? No but it sells well.
    I think what you will find with Epica [don't like the name], it will appeal to people who aren't concerned about sportscar performance but want interior and safety features at a good price as well as good economy. There aren't too many cars I know of in the mid 20k to low 30K with the size or level of features of this car. You can have leather for 33k in a midsized car, with all the airbags you want :-)

2007 Holden Epica pricing:
    Epica CDX 2.0 - $25,990
    Epica CDX 2.5 (a) - $27,990
    Epica CDXi 2.5 (a) - $30,990

Now the problem with the ZC Vectra, was the price. The CDXi is a very nice car but it was priced against the Commodore. With the VE in showrooms now, it was never going to work. Holden will continue to work around Commodore sales. There was a lesson there, a tough one considering what the Vectra actually did offer. Two years ago, it was a superior car in many ways to all other cars in the class. Honda Accord Euro reaped all the rewards with a similar configuration but it was miles behind in terms of performance. The Vectra has a great v6 engine with a very smooth gearbox with some nice creature features. Few cars come near it as an over all package. Once again though, an Accord buyer probably doesn't want performance. If they wanted performance in that price range they would have bought a WRX, an SV8 or XR6T.
    Vectra_ZC.... mate, all very valid points and I respect your opinion, but still the thing, in my mind, is a cold piece of turd Click here to enlarge could be just the thing to replace all those cardigan cars that are required by some of our "retirees" who choose the white good appliance car....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ronj Click here to enlarge
    Read the latest NRMA report the Captiva came in last compared to other "soft' roaders
    What else would you have seriously expected Click here to enlarge I mean come.... dish up crap and it will get rated as such Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tfer; 3rd March 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Red AH SRI T Click here to enlarge
    NRMA knows nothing. They are an insurance and roadside assistance company.

I have a new name for the Epica.

Holden Nannyca
    That's true about NRMA, and chuck in the RACV and the RACQ whilst you are at it..... but they all issue publications, and the trouble is, people actually read them and take notice of them (mine goes straight into the recycling bin every time). Click here to enlarge

Nannyca..... the car for nanny's to drive around in..... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Got to see the car up close today at the Motor Show, in my opinion a really bad and disappointing replacement to the Vectra, no matter how much cheaper it is!! I had a good look at the top of the range CDXi and its such a basic car, no features or looks of an upmarket or top of range car!!! Felt like a cheap base model with leather seats!! And the engine is only like 115kW or something haha what a joke!! Sorry but id rather spend my money on a used Vectra CDXi than a new Epica CDXi!!!

P.S. Nannyca hahahaha has a better ring to it than Epica does!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Which Mercedes Benz are you refereing to Made in China ???

MB100 / MB 140 Vans.were made in Koreia by Mussio.

Have yet to come across a Benz made in China in my 4 years of Working For Daimler Chrysler.
    Well obviously they kept you in the dark...

List of Mercs Made in China..

E200 Kompressor
    E 280
    E 350

Cheers
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've go it!

Holden Nannyca Go Peacefully

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tfer Click here to enlarge
    Vectra_ZC.... mate, all very valid points and I respect your opinion, but still the thing, in my mind, is a cold piece of turd Click here to enlarge could be just the thing to replace all those cardigan cars that are required by some of our "retirees" who choose the white good appliance car....

What else would you have seriously expected Click here to enlarge I mean come.... dish up crap and it will get rated as such Click here to enlarge
    Actually, if you read the reviews, many reviewers rated the Vectra as good car with a strong 3.5-4 rating @ 40K. In the most part, the only thing anyone could pick on was some indicator design frustration. Engine and gears where the strong points. The interior could be nicer but then again have you seen the plastic interior in the Lexus RX300 - worst fake woodgrain you can find, in a 70k car...........???

I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion that it was crap? The only car, in that range or class I would put ahead of the Vectra, is the Subaru Liberty - not that they were direct competitors anyway.
    Last edited by vectra_zc; 5th March 2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Additional point

Thread Information