Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Astra TwinTop

Anyone seen one of these around Perth or other states?

I would not mine taking one for a spin to compare but havn't seen any in passing.

Anyone know when there will be here if not already?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh they're already out and about mate. I saw them first on the road back in early december before they were released, came accross a Holden testing convoy at Lang Lang. And last week saw a black one parked out in the car park at work with the top down... looked great.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asper normal thou we dont see to much over this side but u are in a good position mate u are near to 3 big dealers that are most likly to get one in stock
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there have been a few other threads recently on the twin top Click here to enlarge

I've seen 1 on the road and 3 in dealerships.

Beautiful car, with very nice proportions.

It's got a much bigger boot than our TS verts (if that's important to you ie) and of course the security and true coupe look of the hard top for the around same price as the TS, it's got to be a winner Click here to enlarge

Only time will tell how well it sells, as unlike the TS model, there is now lots of competition in this category....

I hope they bring down as many models and options as possible, hopefully the turbo diesel will make it down here, I reckon this will be one of the best options for this car to compensate for the high weight, as the huge torque is exactly what it needs to pull it along nicely Click here to enlarge

My missus is still deciding whether or not to get one, only last week she found out her next company car may be a Beemer, so probably won't bother with the twin top Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *wishes people would use the seach function*

The new AH TwinTop is a great looking car, very nice to drive too. Have a look around Holden dealers, you're bound to find one!

Already have people asking for it in Turbo!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Red AH SRI T Click here to enlarge

Already have people asking for it in Turbo!!!
    That's the one I'd want...Click here to enlarge

I hung out and waited aaaages (18 months) for them to bring out the TS turbo vert and then BAM snapped one up straight away Click here to enlarge

Damn shame we'll never see it in VXR trim, that would look very nice Click here to enlarge

Can always be done though.....mmmmm one ponders and thinks away Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden dealer here in Adelaide has been hounding me for the past couple of weeks to come and have a decent look . . . so I'm now waiting for him to ring me back with a time for this coming Monday (RDO) to take one for a drive.
    If it happens, I'll post a report asap afterwards.
    I've had a look at one in the metal . . . I'm still not convinced. I've read the brochure (Holden and Vauxhall) and I'm still not convinced. I've cross-checked the technical specs against those of the TS and . . . you guessed it, I'm still not convinced. They carry an extra 200+ kg and only pack an extra 2kW. Dunno. Same list price (aroundabout) at the TS, but who paid list price? I got my brand newy 14 months ago drive away for around $10k less than the list price at that time.
    It would have to be good to make me change over.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully understand you last point Ian, the TS convertible is definitely a hard act to follow........I'll never sell mine, regardless if I acquire a VXR or 2 door VE or if the missus gets a twin top or whatever else happens in the future Click here to enlarge

Are you sure about the weight, I'll have to check, but the TS vert weighs in at around 1415kg from the top of my memory, that would make a twin top well over 1600kg Click here to enlarge surely that can't be accurate Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TwinTop weight:
    Manual 1590 kg; Automatic 1620 kg.
    Ouch!

Boot space:
    Roof open 205 litres, roof closed 440 litres; TS regardless of open or closed, 330 litres.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this Vauxhall brochure - wasn't able to find the weight specs, but damn the car looks so good.

Aesthetically I dare say you will 'finally' be convinced Ian Click here to enlarge

http://www.who-sells-it.com/images/c...5/pdf_5197.pdf
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information