Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maloo97 Click here to enlarge
    After starting the tread i finished work and went home.
    An surprised to see my next door Neighbours just brought one is star silver. It is hot i want one. Nice smooth drive to. Very spaceish.
    take pics pleasee
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

NSW Cruise Co-ordinator maloo97's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure will. Thats if he ever gets back. hes gone on a massive drive lol

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maloo97 Click here to enlarge
    Sure will. Thats if he ever gets back. hes gone on a massive drive lol
    Got to run the beast in.

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also mention it has 16 inch alloys, when they have 17's.

Friday was my first day back at work after chrissie holidays and we had the new AH TwinTop there, took it for a short drive with a customer, was very impressed.

So was the customer, she bought it Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I reckon they'll walk out the showrooms, just like the TS vert before it Click here to enlarge

My missus even keeps bringing it up, more than talk about my machines, it really does have mega appeal.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't want to be talking treason here, but have you guys checked out the VW Eos, yet?
    Due to hit our showrooms around March, I believe. Don't know pricing yet, but a very nicely put together package. 2.0 FSI and possibly 2.0 FSI Turbo (same as the Golf) are the powerplants of Aust VW choice, with 6 speed manual or DSG gearbox. Nice!
    I don't even mind the solid (glass electric sunroof) roof!
    If this is priced competitively, I reckon the Astra TwinTop could be in for a bit of a battle. And of course the Ford Focus convertible arriving later this year as well.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good points there Imay.

I agree the new vdub vert will be great, I too like it, but I'll bet price wise it won't be competitive, all VW's are over priced IMO.

IMHO, the Focus vert dosn't have the same aesthetic appeal as the Astra twin top, but it will be a bit cheaper, so it may cause serious competition.

The new Pug 307cc is also an improvement over the last model, except for those dorky looking fog lights, but it too will be in a higher price bracket, so I don't think it'll worry the twin top too much.

If anything I believe that greater sales of the new hard top 2 seater verts (tigra, colt, mx5 etc.) will take sales away form the bigger 4 seaters Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then, of course, come March/April, there is also the BMW 335i Coupe/Cabriolet on offer . . . yum!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah Click here to enlarge would love one of those, completely different class of car there.

I dare say, it would be as desirable as an M3 coupe/cabrio for much less money - but again the 335ci's price tag will keep their numbers restricted and not cause any dents in Astra twin top sales or any of those others mentioned above.

Off the subject - I've done some reaserch into the new Beemer twin turbo engine and it is very impressive to say the least.....it produces 400nm of torque at just 1300rpm Click here to enlarge that's impressive for a turbo engine and it consumes much less fuel than an equivalent power N/A V8, very impressive, considereing my 2.0ltr turbo vert consumes almost the same amount of fuel my old 250kw 5.7ltr HSV R8 consumed and it makes far less power.

The new upcoming N/A V8 powered M3 will have to be something really special to beat and be better than the company's new tt 3.5ltr six.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    my 2.0ltr turbo vert consumes almost the same amount of fuel my old 250kw 5.7ltr HSV R8 consumed and it makes far less power.
    what economy you getting...?

us turbo hatches are getting 8-10L per 100km.....

could be the extra weight and bigger rims.... but dont tell me you're getting 13-14L/100km?????

.... the bmw 335i is 3.0L TT, not 3.5L... i wonder how much power they can screw out of it.. im sure alot more than 225kW or whatever they are claming.. im very certain they detuned it to sell more V8 powered E90 M3s... i say you're looking at 300kW+ after a remap and very minor mods.

Thread Information