Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barina SRi nearly went yesterday.....for a Colt Ralliart

[background]
    We were driving along chatting about cars, I liked the shape of the swift but apart from that knew nothing more about it. Car dealer on the way, so we stopped and have a look.
    [end background]

Having a look and a discussion with dealer he says what are you after, we told him, he suggested a ralliart colt.....ok.......
    he claims 0-100 in mid 6's (after research CLOSEST i can find is mid 7's)
    6.5lt/100kms (comparible to barina)
    and he'll (nice man that he is) will absorb the ORC so its $29,990 DA (which interestingly enough is what everyone is selling them for)

We have a think, he introduces us to the finance person who asks which car and how much (she didnt hear him properly and asks $28k?, he quickly corrected her) not that we'd even talked about price.

He arranges for someone to value my car.

She contacts my finance company, does a revs check etc. gets the payout figure.

He then asks are we going to pay the rego (we hadnt even considered this, but it is due on friday) and offers $11.5k, I said nope and go to get up, he asks what were you expecting, I said to him even the book value is 12.5, his reply 'books dont buy cars'.

As we were leaving I said to Mrs, 3wk old rims a $1.5k and $600 rego means he's offering $9.4k...

Like that was ever going to happen..... Prolly would have been offered $11.5k with the orig stocko's anyway, when the time comes, everything back to stock (except for the grille, of course)

Anyway done some more looking at $30k cars, theres a LOT available and some are quite quick, economic and recent models too. eg. Megane Sport 225, Astra CDTi.

Whatever I get must have Manuf. warranty (but it wont, at all, be from the dealer that effectively offers under $10k for my car) and 4 doors.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sat in the back while Ash test drove a Colt Turbo... they aren't bad cars at all. I can see the appeal....

Forgetting money matters, and having owned a Mitsu myself, ok not a ralliart, but they aren't as good of build quality. I don't like them at all. There finish is nowhere near an Opel, even if your Barina is a few years old.

Having said that, with the tech it's got, it's a mad little car... and handles so well. The seats are awesome!

And IMO, thats an ok trade in price on your car. I was offered $6k for mine from Nissan when I got the Lancer - and even though just the base model, a lot newer and dealers say they dont look at mods when working out trade.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's expensive for a small car. Sure it's a ralliart but as you say pred there is plenty out there for that sort of money.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem pricey for a small car. But the technology that is in that car, is astonishing. The Colt is a 1.5 Turbo, the power output is... well what you would expect from a 1.5 turbo. But the drive is what blows you away.

You point the Colt and it goes, no screaming of tyres, nearly no body roll. It is truly a twisties car. And the seats rock Click here to enlarge .

I dare say have a drive and really give it some through some corners, you will enjoy the drive Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but its still a mitsubishi Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your looking at "baby hot hatches" (lets face it, there are bigger ones eg: GTI, VXR, Megane etc..) then you should also check out the Polo Gti. Previous GTi's engine(so tuning it up to 180kw is easy..ish Click here to enlarge ), i loved the interior (leather only, the cloth is hideous) and also handled great. Great little car and i nearly bought one until the SRi T fell into my lap at a price i couldnt argue with.

Another "baby" hot hatch that you just cant rule out is the clio sport.. i test drove one of those, and it was VERY impressive.
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    Nothing wrong with Evo's Click here to enlarge
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    is an Evo a mitsu??? who would have thought Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    Remind me whats wrong... Click here to enlarge

Hmmmmm... Yummy
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your looking at "baby hot hatches" (lets face it, there are bigger ones eg: GTI, VXR, Megane etc..) then you should also check out the Polo Gti. Previous GTi's engine(so tuning it up to 180kw is easy..ish Click here to enlarge ), i loved the interior (leather only, the cloth is hideous) and also handled great. Great little car and i nearly bought one until the SRi T fell into my lap at a price i couldnt argue with.

Another "baby" hot hatch that you just cant rule out is the clio sport.. i test drove one of those, and it was VERY impressive.
    yes but the clio is U.G.L.Y.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information