0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats an awful thing to see!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah it is, had a similar thing happen to my Corona, my mate who was the previous owner decided to pull out the CD player without
    A: disconnecting the battery
    B: cutting off random wires

Ended up touching a live wire to metal and the dash and centre console caught alight!!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Forum Regular jerrypufflewell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah always have a dry chem fire extinguisher in the cabin now Click here to enlarge
    Astra TR Sedan C16SE- Fastest car in... Jerrawa?

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day All,

My list is short but covers a fair amount of time;

1st Car 1991 - Carolla GTi, 1.6 litre, 100 kw at a screaming 7500 RPM. Bought when new, it is still with us as the families second car. Will not ever sell it, has become part of the family.

2nd Car 2004 - Pug 307 HDi, 2 litre. 66 kw & 210 Nm in a heavier body than the GTi. Not the fastest thing off the lights by any stretch, but I did over 60,000 km in 2 years in the thing. Very comfortable at highway speeds and would sit on 110-120 kph all day. Ultimately let down by sluggish performance and questionable French build quality.

3rd Car 2006 - Astra CDTi - 1.9 litre, 110 kw & 320 Nm. A beast! Everything that the 307 should have been. Fast, solid build, handles fantastic, looks great, black paint job. Unless something goes boom, will keep for at least 5 to 7 years.

As you can see, we look at cars for loooonnng term value.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont laugh please, i couldnt always afford what i wanted Click here to enlarge

1. FSO Syrena 105 (2cyl 800cc)
    http://www.syrena.nekla.pl/eng/syrena.php#window

2. FSM 126p (maluch or niki) (2 Cyl 650cc)
    http://www.fiat126.info/index.html

3. Datsun 120Y

4. Holden Kingswood (6cyl 3 speed - bright yellow with huge bull bar and 6 spot lights - i miss it!)

5. Holden Commodore VP (V6 3.8L)

6. Holden Berlina VS (V8 5.0L)

7. Holden Calais VT SeriesII (V8 LS2)

8. Eunos 30X (V6 1.8L)

9. Ford Falcon Ute (6cyl)

10. Opel Astra F (4cyl 1.7Diesel) - Current car

11. Opel Astra H (4cyl 1.8L) - Current car

and thats it...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love lists (hope I have gotten the years right):
    1. 1984 white Corolla Sedan 1.3l 4 spd manual (last of the RWDs): engine reworked to rally specifications, 2" engine back exhaust, downdraft custom weber, deleted the pollution gear. Saas sports steering wheel and gear knob, and Saas racing seat for driver. Sounded like a 2 stroke motor bike at 8,000rpm in 4th (and this thing only had 4 gears). Power increased at the flywheel by approx 100% (from memory up from 41kw to 86kw). Put 180,000 km on her, until basically destroyed in a moment of madness.
    2. 2000 Green-gold Suzuki Sierra soft top 4wd 1.3l 5 speed manual with white wheels and roof. Tremendous fun on beaches (didn't need 4wd on the beach, just getting on and off) and national park trails, but absolutely hopeless on roads, and whilst the ride on the beach was excellent, you needed a kidney belt on the road for passengers. Put 86,000 km on her. Decided I needed a quicker convertible, for the highways.
    3. 1999 white Ford Capri convertible 1.6l 5 speed manual Ser 1. Yes, it did leak in heavy rain (after about 3 hours of rain) and driver's seat was the one which got satched. 6 left and 3 right hand side headlight motors replaced (under warranty all) and 2 roofs (only paid for one). Put 360,000km on her without any major work done.
    4. 2002 star silver Vectra CD Hatch 2.6l V6 5 speed manual. When she was going she was truly magnificent, but having to be off the road for 35 individual warranty works was a little bit on the boring side. It truly amazed me at the time as to her grunt (yeah I know, all little sohc 4 cylinders prior). 115,000 km put on her when I left my wife at the time.
    5. 2003 bamboo Opel Vectra CDXI hatch 3.2l V6 5 speed manual (well actually build date is 12/02 which makes her one of, if not the oldest of the current model in Australia). Having paid cash for a 2004 black VW Gold 2.0l Sport for my ex as part of our settlement, I decided I needed a bigger bolder brighter weapon (I mean vehicle) and chose this Veccy (two on the floor to choose from at the time, the other was star silver, hence chose the bamboo one).
    I love the current Veccy the most out of all of my rides, with would you believe it, the Corolla in second (it was big fun). Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tfer; 23rd December 2006 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id believe the Corolla as a fun car, and ultra reliable.... But the Opel is just a more classy car
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ishley Click here to enlarge
    Id believe the Corolla as a fun car, and ultra reliable.... But the Opel is just a more classy car
    Absolutely concur with that Ash.... tehe but boy oh boy the old Corolla was bags of fun, and wiped the smile of many a ****y so and so Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Car

1997 Ford Laser Liata Hatch. Great little car changed the whole exhaust with extractors, lowered. Very reliable. Been in the family since 50,000kms, now got close to 180,000kms dad knows it and has only need a new clutch very reliable and regret selling it.

Second and third cars together

1994 Ford Laser Lynx complete with a turbo engine conversion 18's and bought a 1990 Astina SP as the daily driver so I didn't have to leave the Lynx everywhere.

fourth car

2001 Mazda BJ Astina Shades, another great car, cheapest car to run and insure.

Current car

2000 Astra TS CD Hatch, not too bad, handles better, has more features then the Astina. Most expensive car I have had to maintain. First car that has needed work. I have had to replace 2 window regulators, got ignition problems to sort out.

Lesson to be learnt, I won't buy opel or holden again, stick to mazda built like I did to begin with as they are alot more reliable

Rob
    "Never turn your back on a charging turtle"
    "When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane and going the wrong way"

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Rob what would be the fun in a car that is reliable! Click here to enlarge

Thread Information