Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Traction Ctrl

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id haft to agree with clint, theres times when both are good and both are bad, take a muddy field for instance...... all are useless.

Im like clint except that i dont even use tc in the wet, i just slow down a little bit Click here to enlarge sometimes.
    sigs are stupid Click here to enlarge

My car goes broom, all 91kw of it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is one thing i love about tc, being able to turn it on, come up a roundabout or corner give the car all its got and just drive around the corner without losing traction, my friend was shocked ther first time i did it, since one time we were driving home, i went round a roundabout in the wet, he was behind and he got half way round then his car just went straight and hit the gutter. long time after that he was in my car when it was raining, i had tc off and it would just spin up or understeer easily, then i showed him what tc does, turned it on, came up to the next roundabout, stuck it in 1st gear and gave it all its got, just drove nicely around the roundabout, minimal wheel spin, no understeer, and a tc light rapidly flashing on the dash board lol, he was very surprsed at how much of a difference it made
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends i gues, speed or fun Click here to enlarge
    sigs are stupid Click here to enlarge

My car goes broom, all 91kw of it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Nope, not even all Astra G turbo's had the switch fitted....

My turbo vert didn't have the switch, I've purchased all the necessary hardware and am in the process of installing it soon Click here to enlarge

Don't know why Opel didn't at least make it standard for all turbo variants Click here to enlarge
    Can you share with us where you purchased the bits from please? I've only managed to get the switch from Holden - they can't source the single-switch trim panel or wiring loom.
    '02 Astra 2.2 SRi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got all my bits from GMH spares in Dandenong Click here to enlarge

The items I purchased are the traction control switch and the trim panel piece.

My Turbo vert is fitted with heated leather seats, so the trim panel is the 3 hole one, you mentioned a single hole trim - maybe these are not available, you'll have to check and confirm.

As for the wiring loom, they don't have this item, what I intend doing is to follow a 'how to' installation instruction and make up all the necessary wiring myself Click here to enlarge

An excellent how to is available from www.astra-sport.co.uk

I'll be doing mine soon, I'm in the final stages of building and installing a customised centre console, once that's done the T/C switch is next.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope that helps Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information