Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point Glen!

Besides, we live in a world that doesn't really have money anymore. Not how it use to be. No one pays cash for anything anymore.

I don't even carry cash.
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

OpelAus Enthusiast JasonGilholme's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad luck guys,

I've seen a few people get roped into **** like this.

i think i'll end up getting a personal loan from a bank rather then letting the dealership handle the paperwork. They're just too unreliable.

Also, i would have sold the car privately. Probably would have gotten more for it and then you would have had a clean slate to start with for the purchase of the new ride.

it can be really confusing but if you break it down into smaller simpler sections it can become easier to understand.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ishley Click here to enlarge
    We are not suckers, we had NO reason to think we would be f*cked over by this dealer. If we were to name the dealer we purchased the car from im more then sure everyone would be shocked at the unethical behaviour. I am more then sure you yourself have not red through your loan contract FULLY upon purchase of the car.

Being "only 20" was not used as an excuse, rather that things should have been explained. More so the fact that stipulations were made that we would not go throught with the loan had the 3 month deferred repayments not been included in the loan. Had any mention of a balloon (residual) been talked about in our loan, i would have stopped it there no matter how much Crispy loved the car.

We are lucky that we can afford the loan, and repayments will be made on time every time. It, however, will not stop us from making complaints to the right people.

BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH AND CALLING PEOPLE SUCKERS, I SUGGEST YOU APPOLIGISE TO CRISPY, AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

I stopped reading at this post.

I have ZERO sympathy towards people who sign things before reading them.

After a house, a car is the largest purchase you can make in your life. Sure, you were stiffed somewhat, but if you go through life with a naive, nonchalance towards any financial transaction and place utmost face in, of all persons, a finance person at a car lot, you will have more experiences such as this.
    :::
    ::
    :
    Click here to enlarge

"I'm designing an auditorium for a 12 cylinder orchestra..."
    -Luc Donckerwolke on the Murciélago

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ishley Click here to enlarge
    Good point Glen!

Besides, we live in a world that doesn't really have money anymore. Not how it use to be. No one pays cash for anything anymore.

I don't even carry cash.
    Rubbish.

Last car I sold was for cash. Over 40K in $50 notes takes up a fair bit of space. There is plenty cash out there, and plenty people spending it. Cash is King.

Do I pay cash? heck no! I deduct all my car purchases, so since they are depreciable, and since they are deductible, use the credit there.

But I digress.

I knew it was all going to go wrong when I realised you were getting yet ANOTHER car. didnt you just sell a barina to buy a Lancer (or hang on, that was mum?), and now you've tired of that and are buying an astra?
    How long will that last?
    It's all on credit, so maybe you should start thinking of saving up a bit before you throw away heaps and heaps of money on non-essential, non deductible, depreciating liabilities. they are NOT assets. (ok, i'll stop sounding like your elders here)

Some people say what others only dare to think....

Next time stop, and think before you do anything
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't ask for comments on how often I get cars, who buys them, or how much they are.

That's my decision and my choice.

And I actually posted last when Ash did (was in his account by accident) and what I meant was, we don't see paper money anymore... everything is electronic or credit.

What you dare to say Entice is, you think I am a spoilt brat who wastes money on new cars whenever I want them.

News flash - I PAY for them every week with MY own money. I didn't ask for comments on what you thought of me getting a new car - because, you don't know the full extent of the circumstances. No one does, not even Tfer or Donna or Matchu. Only Ash and I really know.

Stick to what the thread says... and remember, I posted not to complain, but to SHARE the experience to others who may be like me and jump in first before reading.

Some of you are just so quick to say "we don't have sympathy" - AND WE DIDN'T ASK FOR IT.

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a step back, and re-read my (unedited) post.
    I didnt say your mum was buying the car. I didnt say you were spoilt.

Yes, i did comment on the frequency of your new car experiences, and I would have thought a person with so many new car experiences would have been awake to the dealings that can occur.

Crispy, I was attempting to give you some sound advise. you do with it what you see fit. You dont have my sympathy. You do, however, have my pity.

But, Don't ass-u-me cos You'll always make an ASS of U before ME
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points have been made.

Closed.

Thread Information