OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advanced Driving Course (Preferably Melbourne)

Hey everyone,
    I'm considering doing an advanced driving course, and wanted your opinions and/or advice on where to go for one. I was more specifically looking in Melbourne, but i know that some of them are run Australia wide. So if you've done one in another city, let me know what it was like (company, contact number etc).

I've actually already done a basic one as part of my insurance. It included emergency braking at different speeds, slalom etc. So i was more looking for a slightly more advanced one; responsible car control, and more seeing what your car is capable of.

There are some out there at the moment that require you to complete a basic level, which will then enable you to go to the next one. For example there is one run by Murcotts in Melbourne. They have two levels, but in order to do the more advanced you must complete the first (you get the idea).

So my question is, can anyone recommend a good Advanced Driving Course that is one step above your basic training? Any comments welcome...
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, Murcotts are one of the best in the business and they've got a special on which they do this time every year so rather than it costing about 600-700 dollars it's only about $190. Keep in mind there is a difference between defensive driving and advanced driving too. There is also Peter Finlay's Advanced Driving schools which are probably more what you're after. They are true advanced driving. But last time I looked I think they were only NSW based, may have changed since but not sure.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing the Murcotts level 1 course on tuesday, i'll let you know what we cover. I expect it will be mostly defensive stuff for the level 1 though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ive done the Murcotts course at Sandown last christmas, had a $99 special, good course!! I also did a AAMI course a few years ago, jumped a rating and got cheaper insurance (only to lose it again due to a crash).

Im about to do a BMW Advanced driver training course on the 27th at Phillip Island!! The BMW courses are great for more than basic skills but usually they provide you with a car which won't help u if u want to see the capabilities of your own car!!! Ill let u know how it goes!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about DECA in Shepparton..

maybe you can join a cams club and do a DECA day....
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really want to join a club or anything, just was wondering if there were slightly more advanced courses than what I've previously done. Didn't really want to spend $200+ and think hmm... I've already done thatClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure if youll get anything good for $200, the BMW course im doing is around $600 but is alot more advanced than your basic course, but u do pay for it!! Except me cos i get it free from work!!! Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Thread Information