0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holden recall

prolly won't affect most of us here, but just so u know

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/c...5E1702,00.html

Holden to recall locally built cars
    12may04

HOLDEN is to recall 135,000 locally built cars to fix a potential problem with the power steering.

The company said today reports from owners had revealed the power-steering cooler hose might rupture during cornering.

It said that could affect vehicle control with a possible loss of steering assistance.

"We initially thought the problem might only be associated with severe cornering," Holden spokesman Jason Laird said.

"But we have subsequently found that the material used for the hoses needed to be reviewed."

Mr Laird said there had been no reports of incidents as a result of the problem.

The recall would affect Commodore, Calais, Crewman, One-tonner and utility models built between August 26, 2002 and September 2, 2003 and Statesman and Caprice models built between March 20, 2003 and September 2, 2003.

That included 115,000 V8 and V6 cars sold in Australia, 11,000 V8s exported to the Middle East and 8,500 V8 and V6 vehicles shipped to New Zealand.

Holden said it would send letters to customers this week advising them of the recall and advertisements would be placed in national newspapers early next week.

Replacement of the hoses, one on V6 cars and two on V8s, would take about 30 minutes.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge
    VVTL-i
    Lift isn't just a drink...

Anonymous
    Well that would never happen to a Opel/Vauxhall :roll:

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KID_SRi
    Well that would never happen to a Opel/Vauxhall :roll:
    true ... we aint holden :wink:
    Phase 1 - Bodykit, Alloys and Lowered --- COMPLETED ---
    Phase 2 - Colour-Coding, Exhuast ---COMPLETED ---

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADdAhMYDMLwM4Bq6X8djNQbmXfBsbxEq0ZWhV2w*xLz5XxZn xfp9ojXXq8LVtgTtdkpTxVIH3anHc*gTNzGKUOyKXHey4AFj53 1J4dJnj21mkTwHgfK7w/opelauscom.gif?dc=4675499169725408923[/img]

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEEEEHH thats right!

Anonymous
    Never happen to an Opel! Click here to enlargeops:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SmellyTofu
    16/4/04

We have been advised by OPEL that there are over 1000 1.8-litre Astra's in transit or, recently delivered to Holden, which have defective valve springs installed in their engines.

OPEL's advice is that the valves in each of these vehicles could fail prematurely on engine startup or after very limited driving and as such they are recommending we rework these cars at port of entry (POE).

The actual rework involves the replacement of the valve springs without removing the cylinder head. This process is complex as the valves are recessed making access to the spring collets extremely difficult without a special tool to compress the spring, and to accurately locate the collet during assembly. The process takes between 3 to 3.5 hours per car for a trained technician to complete.

At this stage we have been allocated a limited supply of parts and special tools to complete this rework. This situation forces us to conduct the reworks at POE with all affected vehicles, at this stage, being quarantined at POE.

We have requested, and are aggressively pursuing, additional sets of tools to accelerate this rework and allow us the potential to include the Dealer network in the rework process.

We will be able to update you on our progress next week.

Dealers with affected vehicles have been contacted by Distribution

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shhh! :P Opel probably just got bored so thought they'd liven things up a little :P

But at least they are not keeping them on the market for 2 years and then deciding to recall. From what I read...seems like they are fixing the problem before any of the cars ever get to the public. German efficiency 8)
    '03 Silver Astra City 5 door

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading in wheels magazine about a year ago talking about a problem with the V8 power steering system, they had plenty of examples of the problem but Holden kept up the "No Major Problem" front, I guess they finally realised they actually have a problem........
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading in wheels magazine about a year ago talking about a problem with the V8 power steering system, they had plenty of examples of the problem but Holden kept up the "No Major Problem" front, I guess they finally realised they actually have a problem........

wasn't that the problem with oil consumption and pistons touching valves causing a tappety noise?
    Click here to enlarge
    VVTL-i
    Lift isn't just a drink...

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the oil comsumption/piston valves was another issue again, From memory the oil consumption article was a feature article then a page later in a sepereate story they mentioned the p/s issue.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Anonymous
    Opel/Holden did do a Massive Recall.
    On Barina(Corsa B) seat belts.
    Astra G(98-99)- Seat Belts and Brakes

Thats why I had the Rolleyes in my Above Post.

Thread Information