Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AH SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AH SRi

Went to Arncliffe Suttons today to wash the car, and thought i'd drop by the new cars. Asked for the new SRi and the reply was "your lucky, just got one in last night".

And what a car it was. Out the back carlot with 18km on the clock, never been test driven, and will never be test driven. Sat in it with the engine on, and what a sound. Reving it to the redline and the turbo, awsome!!!! At 2K RPM you can hear the turbo kicking in.

I want one!!! Only one problem though....... $$$$$$

Has anyone had the chance to test drive one yet???

Oooooo and P.S. i was reading a motor mag at work on friday comparing the VXR & XR5T, they tested the VXR to doing 0-100 in 5.3 seconds........
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Werent there a whole bunch of posts from people a few months ago, about reactions to test drives? I'm pretty sure I was even one of those people! Also, did you really rev it to red line with the car having only 18km on the odometer? Thats nice, im sure the future owner will really appreciate that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, the Turbo Sri AH is nice...same here $$$ is the issue, i guess i should be happy with what i have (Astra AH CD) and work on that...

5.3sec is pretty good figure for a stock Turbo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i revved it to 4K RPM because of that reason. then i hoped out of the car, and then the salesman hoped in a revved it to the redline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dam salesman.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 5.3 sec 0-100 is wrong they did a miss print

its 6.1-6.2

I have had the pleasure of drving a sri ah twice now, and i loved it.... for comfort its 1000 times better than my old sriT, only 2 down falls - cup holder suck and clutch doesnt have a grab point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the 5.3 was a typeo...the correct figure from Motor is 6.7 0-100 and 14.75 1/4. You have to read the article for those numbers.

The comment about the high revs when new...gone are the days of tightening down the head at 500 miles...give it its all from new, treat it mean, keep it keen...!!!
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh mate they're fantastic, drove it again tonight.Click here to enlarge Absolutely love hearing the turbo spool up and blow off when you back off the throttle. And yeh there is another thread from a couple of months ago with all the first impressions of it.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Mr T;153413]Yeah the 5.3 was a typeo...the correct figure from Motor is 6.7 0-100 and 14.75 1/4. You have to read the article for those numbers.QUOTE]

and thats a pre production Vxl VXR being tested running a differnet map to the production models, running them in the UK now at 0-100km 6.05 sec and i have seen a standard run a 1/4mile in low 14's, stage 2 was just tested in a mag 5.7sec 0-100.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr T Click here to enlarge
    Yeah the 5.3 was a typeo...the correct figure from Motor is 6.7 0-100 and 14.75 1/4. You have to read the article for those numbers.

The comment about the high revs when new...gone are the days of tightening down the head at 500 miles...give it its all from new, treat it mean, keep it keen...!!!
    Really? i thought you should be careful with the car when new. I didn't go over 3,000RPM in my car for at least the first 2,000km. When the salesman was redlining it, i was like ouch, i wouldn't want this to be my car one day.

Moral of the story, if ur getting a car, make sure its not in the back car lot, get it from their warehouse thingo

Thread Information