Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever tried getting you money back from something you have bought on ebay? It took about 6 months to get my money back and I didnt even get it all back in the end. Half the reason for it being so hard was the day after i purchased it throught 'buy now' the guy took the auction off so I didn't have any proof of the auction, only bank statements saying I transferred the money. Any how the moral to this story is I don't trust ebay people.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by missxc Click here to enlarge
    Any how the moral to this story is I don't trust ebay people.Click here to enlarge
    Understand why you feel that way. However . . . this situation would be an unfortunate, but rare occurrence in consideration of the number of transactions that take place on eBay each and every hour, day, week! There are always going to be crooks out there to take advantage of the innocents (me too!). But, remember, it's not just eBay (internat buying) where people get screwed. That can even happen over the counter at your local auto parts supplier.

My only advice: Check, ask lots of questions, communicate with the buyer before, during and after the sale, ask for more explicit contact details, etc. If they aren't interested in giving you the information you want, move on and find another seller/buyer, or deal with on-line companies who have too much to lose from bad publicity.
    We've probably all had bad experiences . . . learn from them, and hope for no repeats.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, well said Ian, I think all of us who've done major mods on our rides with parts from O/S or Ebay have had at least one miss hap, but sticking to reputable suppliers and getting as much info as possible from them "first" before the purchase is the way to go.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha what ever you reakon. If you pay for an item and then it gets taken off you cant leave feedback. The seller did have 98% positive and i read almost all of his feedback. What about all those people who have been scammed and can't leave feedback.

Each to their own....
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information