Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like the shape and looks of the 9-3 Aero convertible Click here to enlarge ... cept the interior just doesn't do it for me
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry all this convertible talk you have filled the bords with this week is really amking me want one now
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    Jerry all this convertible talk you have filled the bords with this week is really amking me want one now
    Go on get one - I guarantee you you'll get hooked and love it to death like the rest of us who have one......

They really are a charismatic car !

As for the SAAB, yes they share similar components brakes, fabric top material, etc. as GM owns SAAB automotive, but the Astra is far nicer looking - especially if you mod it a bit - it looks totally awesome and horny and classy and the interior is much nicer by far, all for less money !
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice Jerry Crockford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeppers! Wraith is right!!

I agree, but then I AM a tad biased!

It really is a terrific vehicle. I keep shaking my head in disbelief that you get so MUCH quality and extras for so much less than the others on the market.

And as for those heated leather seats...

Maaaaate!

I'd be rushing out NOW, this minute and getting your butt into an Astra convertible THIS weekend!!!

Jerry
    The world looks VERY sweet with marshmellows in your eyes.

If I wasn't married, I'd SLEEP with my Astra convertible!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Go on get one - I guarantee you you'll get hooked and love it to death like the rest of us who have one......
    A H twin top has been added to my list of possible next cars
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TwinTop to debut at the Sydney Motor Show in October. Dealers hanging out hoping Holden will release it before summer hits.

Astra Convertible deals at Holden advertised last weekend: $6000 off normal RRP. Sounds like the run-out sales have well and truely started. Get 'em while they're hot!

Waiting to see the TwinTop in the flesh, but I really don't think it is going to have the same appeal as the soft-top G. Too much like a Peugeot, I think.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Me too !!

Would love to have one next to my TS soft top - 2 Astra's but they look like 2 totally different cars.

Imay, they look much, much better than the Pugs.......Roof system is much more advanced also, it folds in thirds rather than in half, taking up much less boot space - not that we really care about that anyway LOL.

I did read somewhere, that it is in fact one of the best and most advanced hard top systems to date, even compared to the latest Mercs...

I am seriously considering replacing my Calibra with one of these when they become available,
    (I'll wait for the turbo model) it'll be a "true" coupe/convertible 2 cars in one machine !
    Last edited by Wraith; 9th September 2006 at 03:33 PM.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imay Click here to enlarge
    Waiting to see the TwinTop in the flesh, but I really don't think it is going to have the same appeal as the soft-top G.
    Agree, need to see one in the flesh. I have seen many pictures of one on AstraSport forum and videos of the roof opening/closing but I feel that as the steel roof takes up more space, the back end of the new TwinTop looks too high and not as sleek as the TS. Think the Tigra CC looks nicer but is too small.

Click here to enlarge

Will see..
    Last edited by nicecar; 9th September 2006 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Roof system is much more advanced also, it folds in thirds rather than in half, taking up much less boot space
    Yeah, agree . . . but have you seen what you have to go through to access anything in the boot when the roof is down??? Open the boot, push a button on the inside and the roof folds part the way back UP, opening up an area in which to place your luggage (or whatever), then push the button again and wait for the electro/pneumatics to re-store the roof, so that you can then close the boot lid. What a fiasco! Something like the Tigra's power operated boot lid (roof up OR down). Too bad if you need something in a hurry. Too much mucking around for my likes.

. . . but, I still want to see one, drive one, play with one . . . before I pass my final judgement.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes true, but it's all worth it when you consider all things, ie: size of the car, hardtop roof and overall dimensions.

To me the only thing I'll be looking at with the boot, is if it's gonna take an ICE install set up like what I've done with my TS convertible - not worried at all about space or repositioning folded roof operations when opening/closing.

For me it's a weekend car, not everyday or shopping car, I've got other cars for that stuff, so practicality constraints are of no importance.

Also the rear end from all angles of hundreds of pics I've seen is no bulkier or higher or fatter than the current TS, it actually looks slimmer IMO and I love the look of the curved tail lights and 'V' shaped chrome strip, looks much more modern than the TS.

But who knows, may not even end up with one, the missus and I were only a stones throw away from buying an E46 M3 convertible 3 years ago, but decided to get an investment property instead - good move, if I say so myself, it's already paid dividends in 6 figures and we've been discussing the possibility of acquiring the new E90 M3 convertible which won't be available for at least another 18 months.

Been checking out US forums and it seems a strong possibility that this too will go hardtop, interesting since all the new model Beemer convertibles are still soft tops.

We'll just wait and see, but given the choice if it presents itself I'll definitely want to be an M3 convertible owner for sure - what a dream come true.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information