PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo Vectra SAD SAD SAD

Lt Ketch
1st September 2006, 12:24 PM
Was reading in the the paper today that the Vectra is going to become a re-badged Daewoo.

oneightoo
1st September 2006, 12:28 PM
all together now..

although we've come.... to the ennnnndd offfffff the road..

thats sucks..

Kate_SRI
1st September 2006, 12:30 PM
OMG holden have been such a dissapointment this year with moving away from opel and going with daewoo, they may be cheaper but they are CHEAP and look CHEAP

grrrrrrr i feel like writing to holden and telling them what a mistake they are making. The new barina is a hidious kalos, and the viva is just a lanos rebadged.

sorry but thats my opinion.....

NOT A HAPPY HOLDEN SUPPORTER

Lt Ketch
1st September 2006, 12:41 PM
ok reading from the article :

its a Daewoo Tosca and will be called the Epica (to me that sounds like a people mover name!)
has 2 6 cylinder engines 1) 2 litre 104kw and 2) 2.5 litre 115kw

Shaun
1st September 2006, 12:50 PM
I dont think it will be called a Vectra.. Maybe the name Camira will make a return.

InsaneAsylum
1st September 2006, 12:53 PM
toss-car

name says it all really :p

Lt Ketch
1st September 2006, 12:58 PM
Has Holden just become the new Daewoo in the hope no one will notice?

Heres a Qn how long do we think the Astra will last before it to is killed off leaving only the Commodore as the car which is NOT a Daewoo!

sri guy
1st September 2006, 01:00 PM
oh sweet irony. they can have the camira name if they want it too.
as for the barina name why get upset for? let daewoo have it.
since the opel built beep beeps were are corsas anyways

oneightoo
1st September 2006, 01:40 PM
maybe holden wants to bring the name corsa to the aus market.. and by giving the barina name to the daewoo's that leaves some room for the corsa d to make an appearance as the new small car from holden.. the holden corsa..

one can wish..

rjastra
1st September 2006, 01:44 PM
Well... maybe they will be able to SELL a decent number of the Epica. The outgoing Vectra was a sales flop.

Holden is here to sell cars. Not to keep a few Opel zealots on a forum happy :P

oneightoo
1st September 2006, 01:46 PM

well they should :p

Vectracious
1st September 2006, 02:07 PM

Smartest thing I've heard all day.

Shaun
1st September 2006, 02:28 PM
Smartest thing I've heard all day.

Second that.....

Let it go people . Its about cost. GM are cost cutting. Astra's not going anywhere i dont thing.

They released the Turbo Diesel and SRi Turbo . I doubt they are going to drop the Astra in any Great Hurry. If anything im thinking we could see a 3 Door Turbo Diesel down the track. I have a feeling the Astra Diesel has been brought into Australia to test the waters and possably we could see a Turbo Diesel Commodore down the track. Wish everyone would stop Judging the Daewoo Products because they are built in Korea. Look at Hyundai. 15 years ago they werent that great. Now they products are good and they are getting better with time as the company grows and learns more about there products. If anything now GM has total control over Daewoo there products will become better.

And at the risk of getting flamed here. Opel products have had there share of problems in the past. Opel is very common in europe. Much like Holden and Ford are here.

RudeOne
1st September 2006, 02:45 PM
Second that.....

Let it go people . Its about cost. GM are cost cutting.

AND also they need to increase the number of small to med cars on the road branded under holden. increased volume = economies of scale, which decreases operating expenses=more overhead recoveries=more profit=increased share price=stronger company to beable to service our needs. everyone wins!

The viva and "new" barina are doing that, taking sales away from hyundai, kia etc.....

Don
1st September 2006, 02:59 PM
Well... maybe they will be able to SELL a decent number of the Epica. The outgoing Vectra was a sales flop.

The prime reason for the Vectra being a sales flop is because it was priced above a Commodore (ZC anyway). Holden were probably worried that if it was below a Commodore in price no one would buy a Commodore.

Shaun
1st September 2006, 04:57 PM
The prime reason for the Vectra being a sales flop is because it was priced above a Commodore (ZC anyway). Holden were probably worried that if it was below a Commodore in price no one would buy a Commodore.

I doubt that very much. Vectra was in the Med size Segment. Commodore is in the large car segment.

Price is was the killer. The Vectra was way over priced. Why would you pay 50k for a Vectra when you could have a SS Commodore for about 2k more.

Commodore would have out sold the Vectra on ratio of 100 :1

Wraith
1st September 2006, 05:08 PM
This is no surprise to me.

Since the acquisition of Daewoo by GM, it was obvious it would become part of the GM Global group of companies.

With this in mind it would only be obvious that they would use the vast resources of this Korean factory to produce their next generation of small cars, to them it's all about economics and profits.

I seriously doubt also that we'll see a Commodore coming out of Korea - not for the for-seeable future anyway.

Alfonzo
1st September 2006, 05:39 PM
toss-car

name says it all really :p
Sits perfectly in with CrAPTIVA :D

MatsHolden
1st September 2006, 08:11 PM
GMDAT are becoming a major part of the GM world. The current range of Holden's GMDAT sourced cars are those that are still cars from the old Daewoo guise. The Epica and Captiva will be the first 'proper' GMDAT vehicles and are to be of better quality all round than previous Daewoo's. Holden would have loved to hold off bringing in the Daewoo models until the all new GMDAT vehicles became available, but sometimes things don't go the way you want them. GMDAT have obtained responsibility of developing the Gamma platform which is used by the Corsa, so we may see the Corsa back here as Holden's small car post 2010, built by GMDAT.

Don
1st September 2006, 10:17 PM
I doubt that very much. Vectra was in the Med size Segment. Commodore is in the large car segment.

Price is was the killer. The Vectra was way over priced. Why would you pay 50k for a Vectra when you could have a SS Commodore for about 2k more.

Commodore would have out sold the Vectra on ratio of 100 :1
So Vectra's wouldnt have sold if they were cheaper????

Charlatan
2nd September 2006, 09:21 AM

Hellileujah! Some sense. Sorry, just had the same rant in the Corsa section. Holden as a business are completely justified in their decision to move to Daewoos. The Vectra was a complete flop by any measure, why not replace it?

Don
2nd September 2006, 10:18 AM
Hellileujah! Some sense. Sorry, just had the same rant in the Corsa section. Holden as a business are completely justified in their decision to move to Daewoos. The Vectra was a complete flop by any measure, why not replace it?

Yes I've just seen the error of my ways and I will be rid of my heap of s*it Vectra soon. I'm having a meeting with the used car dealership in a few days to get rid of it and get something better. I haven't driven the Vectra for nearly 9 months as it has had the engine out to replace an undersize piston (knocking cold very loudly but still audible hot). Car has done 55000kms and had done 45000kms when I bought it (V6 Hatchback). It is now at the Holden dealer to have the autotransmission repaired under replacement parts warranty (repaired March 2005) because it now does not select reverse. Reading what is on overseas GM sites it appears that GM cars are not good quality, the repair service is crap and resale reflects this.

Bill_G
2nd September 2006, 10:56 AM
So Vectra's wouldnt have sold if they were cheaper????They might have been a bit more popular had GM bothered promoting the thing. Since the ZC Vectra was released 4 years ago, I've only ever seen a handful of TV ads during that time, and virtually no newspaper advertising at all. IMO, excessive pricing didn't kill off the Vectra; GM-Holden did. :mad:

one2have
2nd September 2006, 08:51 PM
The ZC was way overpriced when released. I bought my run-out model in Feb this year (july 05 build - 06 compliance). Same price as the SV6 but with a crapload more features..

CDXI auto Price should have been about 39,999 when released. They should have pushed the 'most technically advanced holden ever' envelope a bit more.

I've had no problems so far - Luv my Vec.

entice
3rd September 2006, 09:01 AM
The Epica if that's what it is is a HUGE car.

I think i saw one parked outside my house teh otehr week in the dark, took photo's but not very clear. It was dark blue, a GMH engineering car as it had teh tell tale pastic magnetic card in the rear 1/4 window, and it had black tape over all bagding.. and it was puffy tape so even when i tried to feel out the name i wasnt able to.
The rego lable also had the model blacked out, and it also had an aussie consumption sticker, with the model blacked out.

I did manage to feel teh front badge out, and it was a chevvy badge... and a huge one at that!

rjastra
3rd September 2006, 06:50 PM
Tosca = Epica see below

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/07/2006_Chevrolet_Epica.jpg
http://tinypic.com/jl06jb.jpg