PDA

View Full Version : K&N Pannle Filter (astra G)

WLD-18L
30th August 2006, 05:11 PM
I de restrictred my air box on the weekend and just pipcked up and installed my K&N Pannle filter. the car deffenitley has a better throttle response/acceleration.

now i have more air going in and more air goign out through my 2.25 lukey performence exhaust system. i wounder how much KW ive gained.

Anyone been running one of these filters for a while. how often do you clean it ? they do let more waste into the engine ! has it caused anyone any problems ?

thanks

M40COO
30th August 2006, 06:22 PM
You probably wont gain any power...as you've noticed it really is a response thing :)

PaulyJ
30th August 2006, 06:55 PM
I've had a K&N Panel filter in mine for ages (probably about 70k km).
I clean it every 10K km.
I've had absolutely no mechanical problems as a result of it.
Make sure you do a proper Cold-air feed to really see the benefits.
Since your not that far from me, I can show you how i've got mine setup.

WLD-18L
30th August 2006, 08:26 PM
hey thanks heaps paulyj thats great. got any pics of your cold air feed and what you made it out of ?put em up if ya can. was it expensive ? thanks.

WLD-18L
30th August 2006, 08:30 PM
pauly j. iam keen as for an astra cruise. lets get one going for down in this area. i wonna put my astra up against some others. should be fun. cruise down the penensila on a sunday. rip it up. ill get my rollers soon !

1OPL2C
30th August 2006, 10:53 PM
how do u cut the airbox to run the pipe to get cold air?
like what tools do u use?

PaulyJ
30th August 2006, 11:37 PM
WLD, we did a Mornington Peninsula cruise about 1.5 months ago, also went up Arthurs Seat.
We'll be organising another cruise soon, so keep an eye one in the Vic Forums.

With the Cold-Air feed, i used a 2.5" PVC pipe, that goes from the bottom of my airbox, down to sit just where the bumper starts. The cold air gets pretty much sucked straight into the engine. I'll post up some picks when I can. Just a bit busy atm.

1OPL2C, I used a 2.5" circular saw thing that you attach to a drill. It was pretty easy to do.