PDA

View Full Version : GEN 3 Astra Coupe.

Shaun
28th August 2006, 01:11 AM
Just been looking through Astra Sport in the UK. Check this out.
http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71689&page=20

A guy over there has gone and put a Gen 3 in a Astra G Coupe. Rear wheel drive conversion. No Photo shopping it seems.
One thing is for sure.. it will be a very quick Astra.. Maybe HSV should try to Engneer a LS2 into a VXR.

Nice looking Project.

PaulyJ
28th August 2006, 10:15 AM
There's been another post about this somewhere here
I just cant believe he had the balls to do this!

blueraven
28th August 2006, 10:35 AM
pffft.... i have the balls..:D

but i sure as hell dont have the funding :(

but yeah i cant wait to see the final product, been following it for a few months. You should have seen the car before he started, was one of the best looking astra coupes in the world, and was running over 300hp anyway!! he decided he wanted more!! i can only dream of 300hp at the moment :(

oneightoo
28th August 2006, 11:25 AM
if i had the $$ i wouldnt hesitate about doing it..

beep beep sri
28th August 2006, 11:38 AM
if i had the $$ i wouldnt hesitate about doing it..

i would. imagine the other sorts of cars you could buy for the $$$$$. in saying that im not saying i do'nt like it but its going to be front heavy. i went in a mates rx7 series 2 with a 350chev 5 speed and it was good for a quick blast but it was so front heavy. (yes i know he's using the alloy block version)

oneightoo
28th August 2006, 12:34 PM
theres ways around it..

Shaun
28th August 2006, 06:01 PM
Thats going to be on quick astra when its finished...
Thats for sure

xplosv57
28th August 2006, 07:45 PM
Hell yeah itll be awesome when it comes out, itll be funny to see peoples reactions when they hear a thundering V8 and all they can see is an Astra!! Priceless!!!

Then the LS1 tuning options........:)

i went in a mates rx7 series 2 with a 350chev 5 speed and it was good for a quick blast but it was so front heavy. (yes i know he's using the alloy block version)

Obviously, a rotary weighs s*&^loads less than a V8, dunno why you'd bother with a V8 in a RX7, can get so much more power out of a rotary and the car wouldn't be nose heavy! Im sure with the money spent on this project, they'd have balanced the weight out a bit!

Hope this project car makes a trip over to Australia for a car show or something ould be awesome to see!!!

blk_tyga
28th August 2006, 10:33 PM
totally agree with u there xplosv57... if u got an rx7 mite as well got a 13btt, u still get a massive kick in the nuts n tuning it kicks a gen 3's ass neday, regardless of what da v8 has got done to it... power to weight really counts, not just outright power

PaulyJ
28th August 2006, 11:19 PM
Thats true. He should've put a rotary in it!

blk_tyga
29th August 2006, 11:39 AM
not to mention the unique exhaust note of a rotary... its sex on wheels!!

sorry its been a while : (

MatsHolden
29th August 2006, 07:14 PM
Hmm there's just something about a V8 that has more appeal than a rotary...

xplosv57
29th August 2006, 08:44 PM
Hmm there's just something about a V8 that has more appeal than a rotary...

Oh hell yeah, don't get me wrong, i absolutely adore my V8s but if u have something like an RX7 and take out a more than capable motor and put a heavy motor in, the power increase (if any) would throw handling out the door!!

Unless its engineered properly like the LS1 Astra (i hope), im sure by situating the motor in a certain position and all the heavy bits evenly, it should handle as well as having a hell of alot of get up and go!!

blk_tyga
29th August 2006, 10:07 PM
it's funny, coz a rotary has more appeal to me... but i still like v8s

MatsHolden
30th August 2006, 03:46 PM
Oh hell yeah, don't get me wrong, i absolutely adore my V8s but if u have something like an RX7 and take out a more than capable motor and put a heavy motor in, the power increase (if any) would throw handling out the door!!

oh for sure! Just if I was going to do a major conversion from a 2.0L 4 i'd go for a V8 rather than a rotary. But yeh wouldn't put a V8 in a RX7 haha