PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Veccy C Owners

ZC_74
21st August 2006, 01:30 PM
Guys

Have been having problems with my auto box lately. It went in and got checked and they told me that they could not replicate the problems I was experiencing.

Anyway, went in today for it's 30000km service and after talking on the UK based vectra c forum, and with numerous possibilites in hand was ready to give them all sorts of things to check. Before I really started the guy there stated that there was a recall on my car. Apparently there is a coolant line that runs over the auto box and they have been cracking and leaking fluid into the box. This made perfect sense to what the UK boys had said. Result - new radiator toady and piping and then we take it from there. If damage really has been done to the box then we see.

Sorry if this has been raised but I couldn't find it. If not, consider when driving your Vectra. This arose from my 'complaint' about the car not knowing which gear it wanted to be in. This happened when crusiing and when giving it a little.

Mine is a 12/04 model

Hope it helps.

ope126
21st August 2006, 01:46 PM
I have experienced the exact same fault.
I am taking the car tommorrow to Motorama at Springwood for its 45k service. I will let them take it from there.

BTW what dealership did you take your car too:confused:
Mine is a 09/2003...

I will PM you also!

Glenn

ope126
21st August 2006, 03:38 PM
This is what I will be showing Holden (Motorama) tommorrow...

THE BULLETIN NUMBER IS E0001650 ASK THEM TO FIND ON TIS.

HOPE THIS HELPS

AF23/33 transmission - No driving torque because of cooling water in transmission oil
Models: Engines: Option:
Vectra-C 2002...2004,Signum 2003...2004 Z22SE| Z32SE| Y22DTR,Z22YH| Z32SE| Y22DTR AF23/33 Transmission
Complaint: Loss of the transmission functionality in isolated cases. The following symptoms may occur occasionally: - failure codes P0700, P0715 or P0720 set - slight loss of cooling water - sediments in coolant expansion tank
Cause: Improper function of the sealring at the oil cooler conncetion. This can cause the penetration of a little quantity of cooling fluid into transmission oil.
Production: An improved oil cooler/radiator has been introduced in production as of VIN W0L0ZCF3541042598 (Rüsselsheim) and VIN W0L0ZCF6848035197 (Ellesmereport).

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint proceed as follows:
If only DTC P0700, P0715 or P0720 is stored please carry out TSB 1685.
Open the black cover of the valve body on the transmission housing carefully. If water and/or white sediments are found in the cover the transmission has to be replaced together with the oil cooler/radiator assembly.

Fingers Crossed...

ZC_74
22nd August 2006, 07:19 AM
I don't think it is a proper 'recall' as such. Aftr reading the above and from what I have read on other forums, my understanding is that only goes any further if a customer makes the inital complaint about their car.

Don
22nd August 2006, 07:48 AM
I don't think it is a proper 'recall' as such. After reading the above and from what I have read on other forums, my understanding is that only goes any further if a customer makes the inital complaint about their car.
I agree this is purely a remedy for a customer complaint and not a recall. Because it is probably considered by GM that it is not a safety issue (I disagree with this as it has potential to be a safety issue) and so relevent authorities do not have to be contacted. This avoids public notification.

ZC_74
22nd August 2006, 07:55 AM
I guess that I was surprised that it was called a recall. The actual service paperwork had recall printed on it. But I suspect that because I had already complained about it once and they couldn't find a problem, this time round when the car went in it saw the original complaint and went from there.

I also am not suggesting that everyone should go into their dealers and request new autos. My thread was more of a bit of info to let you know that if you are having a problem with the car then Holden do know about it and don't go on thinking it is normal.

I pick up my car at lunch and I will let you know if I can notice any thing immediately. Unless the auto has definately been damaged due to this problem, you would suggest that I should be able to notice a difference.

ZC_74
23rd August 2006, 10:07 AM
OK

Car's back.

Results:
Auto Trans Breather - Warranty
Carried out recall as per campaign bulletin
Auto-upgraded ECU with latest software - warranty
Replaced Heat Exchanger Seals - warranty
Engine Mounts - all tightened - warranty
new radiator - warranty

Drove a little hard this morning. I would agree that from standing start and planting the foot there is a difference but I still think there is erratic behaviour when cruising. Will see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

ZC_74
23rd August 2006, 10:08 AM

HOPE THIS HELPS

AF23/33 transmission - No driving torque because of cooling water in transmission oil
Models: Engines: Option:
Vectra-C 2002...2004,Signum 2003...2004 Z22SE| Z32SE| Y22DTR,Z22YH| Z32SE| Y22DTR AF23/33 Transmission
Complaint: Loss of the transmission functionality in isolated cases. The following symptoms may occur occasionally: - failure codes P0700, P0715 or P0720 set - slight loss of cooling water - sediments in coolant expansion tank
Cause: Improper function of the sealring at the oil cooler conncetion. This can cause the penetration of a little quantity of cooling fluid into transmission oil.
Production: An improved oil cooler/radiator has been introduced in production as of VIN W0L0ZCF3541042598 (Rüsselsheim) and VIN W0L0ZCF6848035197 (Ellesmereport).

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint proceed as follows:
If only DTC P0700, P0715 or P0720 is stored please carry out TSB 1685.
Open the black cover of the valve body on the transmission housing carefully. If water and/or white sediments are found in the cover the transmission has to be replaced together with the oil cooler/radiator assembly.

Fingers Crossed...

How'd you go

ope126
23rd August 2006, 10:40 AM
Car had to stay at Motorama overnight - still waiting for diagnosis! :mad:

Glenn

ZC_74
23rd August 2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah mine had to stay o/n. And it must have sat outside because my car had just been cleaned and there was water marks everywhere.

Oh well what can you do

ope126
23rd August 2006, 09:38 PM
Got the car back this afternoon, I must say as always I am happy with the service at Motorama. :D
Anyway...no major dramas in relation to the gearbox, however they did the following preventative measures;
- Updated latest software for the auto
- Flushed and replaced the coolant
- Provided a new o ring seal for the oil cooler
- Check fluid quality

Car appears to be going OK, I'll just wait and see though! ;)

Glenn

casper
1st September 2006, 04:47 PM
New here guys, was looking for this info as I have had this problem the last couple of weeks.

First of all Holden just cleaned and gelled up a sensor connection and got rid of me for a week. Now it happened again and they told me that they were going to flush out the gearbox of the coolant and fill it up with oil again. I wasn't happy again with this proceedure as it wasn't fixing the problem just delaying a fix.

Well I took this recall notice above, which I had already been told about , but just needed a bit of back up. Got there this morning and before I said anything I was already told that a new gearbox will be going in on Monday under warranty. Hopefully this will sort me out.:)

ope126
1st September 2006, 05:14 PM
Well done casper! :D

And Welcome!!!:) :) :)

ZC_74
1st September 2006, 07:14 PM
Casper

Good work. Yesterday in the rain the car was all over the shot. I really didn't want to just ring Holden and say my gearbox was stuffed so they would put a new one in but I am of the opinion now that I think the damage is done.

They told me one had been waiting for three weeks for a new box so I am glad you are getting things moving quickly.

Will keep you informed.

Also, if you haven't already done so, head to a UK site http://forum.vectra-c.com

casper
4th September 2006, 08:41 PM
Just a quick update on my Box. Car is on the hoist, engine and gearbox on the ground. Gearbox going in tomorrow.:)

ZC_74
4th September 2006, 08:47 PM
I think mine is getting worst. Driving home today there was a couple of times I wanted to plant it to get around things and it just bogged right down and didn't know what to do. I've also noticed the temp rising a little too. It generally sticks at '12' (I think that's 90 degrees without going out to the car) and this afternoon I noticed it creep past that point.

ope126
4th September 2006, 08:50 PM
ZC_74 you should follow up with Holden again. I am going back on either Friday or Monday to get sorted again.
In relation to the temperature; mine sits anywhere from 86 - 90 degrees.
I haven't seen it over 90 - maybe you should get this looked at.

Glenn

ZC_74
4th September 2006, 08:57 PM
I think you're right. I really didn't want to just ring them and have them think i was just after something. I really was giving them the benefit and giving it two weeks which is tomorrow.

The temp thing is odd. I haven't seen it hit above that before and while it doesn't sit there all the time I did see it. Considering they replaced the radiator etc something really is not right. It's also a time thing. Losing hours here and there for me at the moment is a struggle.

ronj
16th September 2006, 10:55 AM
Having problems with my gearbox,Vectra cdx 04, every now and then auto will only select 5th gear and when I use the tiptronic I can only select 2nd & 5th gears, If i turn off the motor the problem goes but returns later, been to holdens three times and the problem keeps returning. has anyone had the same problems?

Don
16th September 2006, 12:55 PM
Having problems with my gearbox,Vectra cdx 04, every now and then auto will only select 5th gear and when I use the tiptronic I can only select 2nd & 5th gears, If i turn off the motor the problem goes but returns later, been to holdens three times and the problem keeps returning. has anyone had the same problems?

This is not normal behaviour as you would have guessed. You need to make noise at Holden dealer while the car is under warranty and if they do nothing contact Holden Customer Assistance. Don't worry about whether anybody else has experienced the same problem (as there can be unique and potentially expensive one offs), other than if they have how was it resolved. Make sure you have all service records up to date and take copies of current complaint with you when you go to the dealer incase you have gone to different dealers. Email address of Holden Customer Assistance is:
[email protected]
Good luck

casper
20th September 2006, 10:29 AM

Yep I had the same problem. 2nd & 5th is limp mode. (dash light should light up, but doesn't)

1st time I took it to Holden they just cleaned and gelled up a speed sensor connection and sent me on my way.

Two days driving later it happened again.

Took it back again and they told me water was entering the gearbox. They said they were going to flush it out and refill with oil. Now that didn't sound very good to me and I told them that. They said it was part of their fault finding proceedure. Anyway drained and refilled and still the same problem occured.

The car had now been there for about a week and after reading this bulletin posted earlier I decided to drop in and see what was going on. They told me a new gearbox had been ordered. I told them of the bulletin so they new I new about it. They said they knew about it.

I told them it should be a recall!

Well the gearbox went in and they took it for a test run. Still had problems with the box. Turns out my early 04 model has a late 03 box and engine. They assumed the box was an 04 and that it wouldn't talk to the computer. So out it came and another box ordered.

It's in now and have driven it for about a week and everythings fine so far.

I can't believe you have been there 3 times. Next time it happens just drop it straight there. Don't book it in just dump it there and tell them that you can't drive it like that.

You need to get in their face and tell them that you want it fixed. They know about the problem. Tell them to look up the bulletin. Make sure you get a courtesy car also.

Mine was all done under warranty, and with the stuff up it would have cost a heap!

pred8r
20th September 2006, 11:16 AM
I spoke to a service dept about the veccy c. The only major flaw thay had was a bad auto/connection

EDIT: just to clarify 'connection' it was the way the 'box was connected in the car ie trans fliud runs through radiator. Would probably worth buying a separate transcooler and bypassing the radiator all together, but then I have NFI.

dustbug
20th September 2006, 10:53 PM
hey guys, im just borrowing my mates login as mums cdxi is having constant problems with the box, snow light comes on, box wont change out of 1st early in the morning, it is over revving between changes to 2nd and 3rd and now between 1st and 2nd.....
Firstly holden claimed it was not enough fluid in the box.
Secondly they claimed the terminals on the computer were loose.
its going in again this week to hopefully have it rectified.. ill print this thread, give it to the dealer and demand a new box!!!!!!!!!!

Such a nice car but such a frustrating problem!

ZC_74
21st September 2006, 08:28 AM
It is very interesting to see that so many cars have this problem. I noticed it and then started asking questions and then finally Holden gave me some decent help.

I never started this thread to badmouth the car or Holden but I am glad that people are getting some opinions on similar problems they are having.If you go to the english Vectra C forum you will notice that it is quite a problem.

pred8r
21st September 2006, 07:07 PM
The Service bloke i spoke to said it was a design flaw that SHOULD have been fixed before they were released here, as they were well known for doing it OS already.

The manual version OTOH, he said, was a magnificent piece of kit with VERY few problems and went like stink.

stevedee3
21st September 2006, 08:28 PM
The manual version OTOH, he said, was a magnificent piece of kit with VERY few problems and went like stink.The mechanical components on my 2003 manual CDXi have been flawless. The electrical systems, on the other hand, kept Holden's warranty people quite busy.

ZC_74
22nd September 2006, 08:01 AM
The Service bloke i spoke to said it was a design flaw that SHOULD have been fixed before they were released here, as they were well known for doing it OS already.

The manual version OTOH, he said, was a magnificent piece of kit with VERY few problems and went like stink.

I must admit I wish I had bought a manual but I figured the 'sports mode' auto in the auto cars would be a good compromise when I spend alot of time in peak hour traffic. When I first test drove the car I was very impressed. Twelve mohts later it's ****e. I took off from a intersection yesterday and the car felt like it stalled mid intersection.

I think I will definately buy a manual next time round.

Assada
6th October 2006, 07:02 PM
Hey guys. Just got the Vectra back today. They fixed the steering pump which went bad - under extended warranty luckily (only after 45,000km).
They also happened to do a software update that fixed a problem that could cause the engine to stall because it was a recall - though it never really annoyed me or anyone who drove the car.
On my drive back the power steering was fine now, the transmission seemed to hold onto lower gears longer even when driven gently and the slight jerkiness at low speeds was not there either.

ZC_74
10th October 2006, 12:02 PM
Well I finally decided to get it looked at again. It's back in and once again Holden are being very helpful. They have looked after me each time I have had it in. The only downside is that I keep missing hours at work to drop it off.

Will keep you posted.

ronj
26th October 2006, 04:23 PM
MY CAR IS BACK IN AGAIN TODAY, I contacted holden customer service as suggested and they have been very helpfull. When I dropped the car off the guy at the desk said, have they replaced the transmission yet? So they must know about the problems with the ZC auto trans. The problem with mine is that it only plays up when driving lost distances. When I drive around home and to work( not far) it doesnt play up.

ZC_74
26th October 2006, 04:27 PM
MY CAR IS BACK IN AGAIN TODAY, I contacted holden customer service as suggested and they have been very helpfull. When I dropped the car off the guy at the desk said, have they replaced the transmission yet? So they must know about the problems with the ZC auto trans. The problem with mine is that it only plays up when driving lost distances. When I drive around home and to work( not far) it doesnt play up.

Mine had gone back in and was 'flushed'. I must admit at first I thought the car had quite improved but now it's back to it's old ways. It nearly 'stalled' again mid intersection with a truck bearing down on me. Not a pleasant feeling

Roquefort
26th October 2006, 05:49 PM
So guys you dont recommend getting the an auto version of the Vectra? is there a way to get around the problem at hand? eg modifying how things are set up.
Should i just look at getting the manual version, because from what i have read there are no problem with it. (and i think i would have more fun with it:rolleyes: )
Thanks

ZC_74
26th October 2006, 08:01 PM
So guys you dont recommend getting the an auto version of the Vectra? is there a way to get around the problem at hand? eg modifying how things are set up.
Should i just look at getting the manual version, because from what i have read there are no problem with it. (and i think i would have more fun with it:rolleyes: )
Thanks

No, I wouldn't necessarily say that. The Vectra has some well known flaws (both detailed here and on the uk Vectra C forum) but as you will find, all are fixable. I don't deny I'm frustrated with my car at the moment, but when she is running well, she runs really well. Plus if you use the sport shift and turn off traction control you can have a lot of fun.

From what I understand, the manual is a good option but as I said in a previous post, an auto is an excellent option when spending a majority of time in peak hour traffic - stopping and starting.

Hope this helps.

Roquefort
27th October 2006, 02:12 PM
thanks for the suggestion
Though i think manual woud be fun i dont know if i would get bored/sick of driving it, so it my justify getting the auto, i guess time will tell

ronj
30th October 2006, 09:33 PM
UPDATE.. New auto gearbox and radiator for my 04 cdx Vectra. I contacted Holden customer service as suggested on this thread, about the problems with my Vectra. They have been fantastic, calling me every day to keep me up to date on my car, organised a new commodore loan car while my Vectra is being worked on. The problem was my car only stuffed up on longer drives, so when I dropped the car in for them to check the problem it didnt happen, they suggested I leave the car with one of their technicians to drive around on the weekend. While he had it the problem materialised therefore new box and radiator. The staff at Suttons Roseberry have been great. I hope it solves the problem.

ronj
2nd November 2006, 12:40 PM
Holden has worked out the problem with my gear box, radiator fluid leaking into the gearbox, new box and radiator, pick it up today

ope126
2nd November 2006, 06:24 PM
Well Done!!!

ZC_74
13th November 2006, 02:50 PM
Could finally take it no more. Car was an absolute disgrace over the weekend. I would floor it and it woul d jump all over the place.

Rang holden this morning and it's booked in for a new auto.

digifish
13th November 2006, 04:09 PM

Are service bulletins available somewhere on the net?

digifish

kojarena
14th January 2007, 02:50 PM
mine is making regular trips to the local service centre - i think it likes the place. Went on a tow truck for a dead battery, then down to get the recirc stepper motor replaced and now....

3rd to 4th changes up and down in the auto are extremely abrupt and the car feels like it is losing power and doesnt know what gear it generally wants to be in.

Started happening on friday - doesnt do it all the time but its very noticeable when it does happen. Some changes the car feels like its coasting - no power at all for a few seconds.

Like a few others it looks like the temp gauge is a bit hotter than normal - say 92 degrees or more. Its due for a 30k service next week so I will mention this, the suspension/strut noise at the front and the service items.

Lets hope its not a saga of repeat visits to the dealer workshop... its a June 05 build and Nov 05 compliance - does anyone know if these were affected by the dealer bulletin or subsequent notices?

Mark Swain
15th January 2007, 12:32 AM
Being the owner of a Vectra CDX 3.2 V6 and new to OpelAus I was surprised to find so many other owners of the same model having all the same problems and I'm starting to think this model has some major manufacturing problems. There are already threads detailing the same problems I am having which all start with the Oil Cooler Failure.

Like others my Oil Cooler ruptured dumping engine oil into the radiator and dumping coolant into the engine creating a huge mess. The car had to be towed back to the Holden dealer and was there for 5 days having the engine and cooling systems flushed to remove the cross-contaimination. I did question the Holden dealer on the need to actually replace the radiator and transmission, however, he advised the problem was not bad enough to warrant this. I now have the car back and finding the automatic transmission is badly slipping gears and even dangerously disengaging from the engine.

Luckily the car is under its manufactures warrantly, so back again it goes to the Holden dealer for new automatic transmission, radiator, etc, etc. Other less major problems also being experienced are:-
* Suspension Rattle
* Abnormal Front Tyre Wear
* Flickering Digital Display

I've also posted my sad story on a number of the other Vectra websites as I think we need to ensure eveyone knows about this problem. Surely there is something we can all do to get Opel & Holden to do a proper recall on Vectra's to fix this problem. What do you think ?

Thanks - Mark

ZC_74
15th January 2007, 08:10 AM
Being the owner of a Vectra CDX 3.2 V6 and new to OpelAus I was surprised to find so many other owners of the same model having all the same problems and I'm starting to think this model has some major manufacturing problems. There are already threads detailing the same problems I am having which all start with the Oil Cooler Failure.

Like others my Oil Cooler ruptured dumping engine oil into the radiator and dumping coolant into the engine creating a huge mess. The car had to be towed back to the Holden dealer and was there for 5 days having the engine and cooling systems flushed to remove the cross-contaimination. I did question the Holden dealer on the need to actually replace the radiator and transmission, however, he advised the problem was not bad enough to warrant this. I now have the car back and finding the automatic transmission is badly slipping gears and even dangerously disengaging from the engine.

Luckily the car is under its manufactures warrantly, so back again it goes to the Holden dealer for new automatic transmission, radiator, etc, etc. Other less major problems also being experienced are:-
* Suspension Rattle
* Abnormal Front Tyre Wear
* Flickering Digital Display

I've also posted my sad story on a number of the other Vectra websites as I think we need to ensure eveyone knows about this problem. Surely there is something we can all do to get Opel & Holden to do a proper recall on Vectra's to fix this problem. What do you think ?

Thanks - Mark

Mark

Check out the English Vectra C forum (http://www.forum.vectra-c.com/) and have a chat to the guys there. You will soon find it is a very common problem. It doesn't stay loyal to Vectras either. The problem has occurred in a number of cars that use the same GM setup (A SAAB comes to mind if I remember correctly).

Mine is fixed now and seems to running better. I also noticed that by using some premium unleaded on a few tanks seem to help as well for some reason.

ronj
16th January 2007, 02:55 PM
I had the same problem with my Vectra, had it looked at several times but they could not replicate the problem, I contacted Holden customer support, they were very helpful, I left the car with a mechanic to take home for the weekend and the car played up. End result NEW GEARBOX AND RADIATOR UNDER WARRANTY. This is a common problem with 04 Vectras dont let the dealers fool you, they know about the problem demand a new Gearbox, contact Holden Customer Support.

Mark Swain
16th January 2007, 09:17 PM
ZC_74 and Ronj - Thanks for your advise and support it is greatly appreciated. The car is back at the Holden Dealer as a I write and initially I had the usual Service Dept quick fix line of "we'll try flushing it" so I pushed the issue about getting a new transmission and radiator. The dealer mentioned they will need to check with Holden themselves so given Holden definitley know the issue lets hope this gets sorted properly.

Cheers - Mark

Tfer
17th January 2007, 08:22 PM
thanks for the suggestion
Though i think manual woud be fun i dont know if i would get bored/sick of driving it, so it my justify getting the auto, i guess time will tell

I have a manual Veccy C 3.2l CDXI and love it..... really only need 3 gears tehe.... 1st (somewhere around 60kph), 2nd (somewhere around 110kph), and oh 5th (cruising). :dance:

But seriously, I think the manual box has a good feel, and I do a fair bit of stop start driving, and haven't tired of it yet (boy racer at heart) :D

My 2 cents worth ;)

EL BURITO
17th January 2007, 09:18 PM
sorry autos take most of the fun out of driving. nothing more fun than thowing the car in 2nd when u are coming out of a corrner

(pointless but worthy point i belive)

stevedee3
18th January 2007, 03:43 PM
I have a manual Veccy C 3.2l CDXI and love it..... really only need 3 gears tehe.... 1st (somewhere around 60kph), 2nd (somewhere around 110kph), and oh 5th (cruising). :dance:

But seriously, I think the manual box has a good feel, and I do a fair bit of stop start driving, and haven't tired of it yet (boy racer at heart) :D

My 2 cents worth ;)Yep, I agree. I just wish that there wasn't such a big gap between first and second. I'd really like a "1.5" gear...

casper
13th March 2007, 08:53 AM
Today I received a customer satisfaction letter telling me there is a problem with the gearbox with fluid running into it and to organise a time to bring it in. Well there a bit late, I've been through all that and that was painful. They even put the wrong gearbox in to start!

The letter ref is 07-CS-01 for the customer satisfaction fix.

After the gearbox, radio, radiator, starter motor were replaced and numerous electrical faults occured my warranty has come to an end and I'll be stuffed if I am going to pay for these ongoing problems.

As of 2 weeks ago the car was still stalling. I had 10 days of my warranty left and decided to give them another go at fixing the problem. Last time they replaced a badly burn earth wire in the steering module. (that was their best fix to date lasting 3 months). Now suprise suprise they can't find anything wrong with it and now they tell me that there isn't even any fault codes. What a load of rubbish! WARRANTY ENDING = CLEAR CODES.

Well I've had enough of this car stalling when turning right. I traded it in on the weekend. This car has cost me a lot. Car looks good but just too many faults. Owned it for 12 months, been in and out of holden so much, approx 3 months. I did 10,000kms in one year and thats not much.

Hope this infomation helps others here & thanks for all your help.

p.s.Casper was the name of my vectra because we hardly saw it!

ope126
13th March 2007, 06:15 PM
I recieved the same letter today also...

And yes I have been through of the above and more! :D

I still have the car though, fingers crossed all is sorted! ;)

Glenn

uzz32
13th March 2007, 06:40 PM
Hey guys,

I have not received any letter from Customer Satisfaction letter from Holden.

Does the fix only apply to Vectra's manufactured in a specific time period?

ope126
13th March 2007, 07:53 PM
Not sure, mine is a 09/2003 CDXi.

I assume that it applies to all auto V6 models? :confused:

ope126
13th March 2007, 07:59 PM
I just looked at my paper work from my last visit to Motorama Holden on the 27/02/2007, they did the following Recalls;

- 06-CS-05 ZC Vectra Auto Trans Breather
- 07-CS-01 ZC Vectra Radiator Adaptors (Transmission Cooling Connectors to Radiator)

However, I never recieved a letter about 06-CS-05...

Mark Swain
13th March 2007, 08:30 PM
Same here I also recieved the Recall letter today from Holden Customer Service. However, this is after I had been through all the pain of the Oil Cooler and Transmission problems and the car being in dealers for weeks at a time to be fixed. I only wish Holden had done the the formal Recall earlier it would have saved both Holden and us time, money, and loss of faith in what can be a great car.

ope126 / uzz32 - If you did not receive a letter from Holden Customer Service then contact Holden directly as they may not have you recorded as the owner of the vehicle as some dealers can be a bit slack sending your details to Holden. Also Holden advise in the letter that this is all warranty work free of charge so even if your car is outside its formal 3 year warranty period Holden will pick up the bill. This is good customer service and also saves Holden the cost of new transmissions, etc.

Casper - I certainly understand your frustrations and sorry to hear you gave-up on the Vectra. Having previously had a faultless Mazda 626 V6 for many years and then a Vectra V6 with these sort of major problems it can be heart-breaking. Good luck

Cheers - Mark

ope126
13th March 2007, 08:51 PM
I recieved the same letter today also...

And yes I have been through of the above and more! :D

I still have the car though, fingers crossed all is sorted! ;)

Glenn

Mark, letter recieved...

uzz32
14th March 2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks guys :)

If i don't receive the letter today, i will be calling the Holden Customer Assistance line. Hopefully this recall applies to 2004 Vectra's as well.

Does anyone know what this recall involves? Is it just a visual inspection, or do they replace specific parts?

casper
14th March 2007, 10:22 AM
Not sure you guys are actually calling it the right thing. A recall is usually to do with safety issues. Thats why it has never appeared as a recall. This is called a customer satisfaction service.

Recalls are found here. http://www.recalls.gov.au/

Don't know how many times I had raised the issue with stalling to Holden to be a safety issue!

Turn right across 3 lane highway to have the car cut out with 3 full lanes of traffic bearing down on you as you hope to god the car rolls quick enough to not be involving your whole family in a nasty side impact accident or someone behind run up the back of you.

Tell me thats not a safety issue!

uzz32
14th March 2007, 05:37 PM
Hey people,

Just a small update. I just called Holden Customer Assistance, and they have advised me that the current customer satisfaction fix DOES NOT affect my Vectra. Mine is a September build 2004 model. Anyone with a 2004 or 2005 model have this letter?

stevedee3
14th March 2007, 09:59 PM
Just a small update. I just called Holden Customer Assistance, and they have advised me that the current customer satisfaction fix DOES NOT affect my Vectra. Mine is a September build 2004 model. Anyone with a 2004 or 2005 model have this letter?Hey uzz32, try checking your VIN against this post (http://forum.vectra-c.com/showpost.php?p=59192&postcount=3) - it may tell you something...

Edit: Doh - just realised ope126 had already posted this...