21st August 2006, 07:37 AM
Well we already knew it, but here it is

http://www.hsv.com.au/configurator/eseries/configurator.asp

lowey22
21st August 2006, 09:00 AM
cool. not getting one, but it's about time :rolleyes:

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 09:15 AM
Gee's there are lots of options hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 09:21 AM
Its been down rated in power now only 170 kw? or is that typo?

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 09:36 AM
Hrrm spec's sheet says 176kw, and full leather trim...

Shaun
21st August 2006, 10:21 AM
WOO HOO.... Now is there an Offical Launch Date on the Car???

Now i know im going to save my 15k by Feb then ill go place my order.

1.2 Bar of Boost ........
Im wondering about that 170kw. 6KW isnt much of a difference. It could be fuel thats caused the drop in power or it could be a miss print.

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 10:33 AM
WOO HOO.... Now is there an Offical Launch Date on the Car???

Yep sure is :- when they get here - HSV's standard line atm!!!

Shaun
21st August 2006, 10:51 AM
Yep sure is :- when they get here - HSV's standard line atm!!!

i say by october they should be here... Hopefuly on the stand at the sydney motorshow.

SSS_Hoon
21st August 2006, 12:00 PM
there aint that many options in the configurater that i saw only colour was the only one that you could actually choose from? or did i miss something?

edit: ok i found it hehehe

and 42990 i thought they were going to be cheaper then GTI isnt that what was reported?

i do like the arden blue though the interior still dosn't do it for me though.

i can see them selling really well though, as for the 6kw who gives a rats ass look at the 320nm of tourqe that is the most important thing not the power....will be a animal for sure, i think it needs a LSD though.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
21st August 2006, 01:10 PM
there aint that many options in the configurater that i saw only colour was the only one that you could actually choose from? or did i miss something?

edit: ok i found it hehehe

and 42990 i thought they were going to be cheaper then GTI isnt that what was reported?

i do like the arden blue though the interior still dosn't do it for me though.

i can see them selling really well though, as for the 6kw who gives a rats ass look at the 320nm of tourqe that is the most important thing not the power....will be a animal for sure, i think it needs a LSD though.

SSS_Hoon

No Optioms its seems . Im interested to see what will happen when i go to the dealer and ask them for a CDC 40 Head Unit or CDC 70 Head Unit Xenon lights that follow the road and Maybe 18 inch rims? Wonder if they would do a Special Order. But then again for the Price the VXR is well Equiped.

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 01:35 PM
That would work well for you tho, cause you could give them your order and by the time its made and shipped will be feb/march next year, you should have your 15k saved by then :)

Mr T
21st August 2006, 01:41 PM
1.2 BAR boost...170 (or 177) KW = "I smell somfin fishhyyy"

ultim8DTM5
21st August 2006, 02:25 PM
I just saw the Renault Megane F1...and I think it's a better car, and a tiny bit cheaper to boot.

Discuss.

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 02:35 PM
Not a fan of the looks/style, but built well and is pack with features!! very very very good value.... I kept an open mind when making my choice for a hot hatch, but i just couldnt swallow how ugly it was.... i even tried to let it grow on me, just didnt happen.

RudeOne
21st August 2006, 02:43 PM
Let me just add to that, the front and side is nice, i just cant stand the ASS!!!!! ahaha

JR
21st August 2006, 03:44 PM
OMG!!! so many choices!!! wat to do.....arrgghhhh
LOL

weird - in the performance (engine) section, it says 170kW. but in the specs (engine) section, it says 176kW!! make up ya mind!!! wateva happened to 184kW????

- wat eva happened to 380mm brembo disc brakes???
- no HID option?

Shaun
21st August 2006, 04:27 PM
OMG!!! so many choices!!! wat to do.....arrgghhhh
LOL

weird - in the performance (engine) section, it says 170kW. but in the specs (engine) section, it says 176kW!! make up ya mind!!! wateva happened to 184kW????

- wat eva happened to 380mm brembo disc brakes???
- no HID option?

Brakes were not Brembos. They are AP Brake which the UK aftermarket kits are using for the VXR and 888 Motorsport Diesel Astra. They will be made avalablie from Walkinshaw Preformance they informed me at the Oran Park Round of the V8 Supercars. They had a stand on site with a Very nice looking SS Commodore parked out front of it.

184KW i think might have been a Miss Qoute. But guys 6kw isnt hard to gain on a Turbo Car. Even if they are 170kw they are still quick. but i think you will find it could be a miss print.

Shaun
21st August 2006, 04:31 PM
Not a fan of the looks/style, but built well and is pack with features!! very very very good value.... I kept an open mind when making my choice for a hot hatch, but i just couldnt swallow how ugly it was.... i even tried to let it grow on me, just didnt happen.

The Magane is not a bad package but i cant get past the fact it kinda reminds me of a Baseball Cap to look at...

JR
21st August 2006, 04:42 PM
yeah...i know, i'm not gonna notice that 6kW.
as for the brembo brakes, i'm sure i saw them on the vxr model displayed at the motor show on the hsv stand....hmm, or was i dreaming!!! hahahaha

i still like it, brembo or not, 184kW or 170kW - either way, i still want one :)
although it will b a good idea for me to learn how to drive a manual first!!! lol

Shaun
21st August 2006, 04:47 PM
as for the brembo brakes, i'm sure i saw them on the vxr model displayed at the motor show on the hsv stand....hmm, or was i dreaming!!! hahahaha

i still like it, brembo or not, 184kW or 170kW - either way, i still want one :)
although it will b a good idea for me to learn how to drive a manual first!!! lol

HEHE if you would like some leasons i could teach you ... heheh

One thing thats for sure. The VXR is an awesome car on the road. the ten hours i spend with Aussie in London and some of the members of www.astra-sri.co.uk in the uk.

Captjono
21st August 2006, 06:11 PM

It's quite a bit cheeper in the uk, then the GTI and the Megane.

So why is it more expensive in Aus??? Is it because you are paying for a badge??? :rolleyes:

CAL.16V
21st August 2006, 09:30 PM
pretty crap power for 1.2 bar! assuming this would be the overboost pressure and a settled boost pressure of around 0.8barish but still the max torque would be at 1.2 bar and 320nm is pretty crap for that boost pressure..

probably just being conservative ..

oneightoo
21st August 2006, 09:32 PM

wasnt the vxr at the motor show just a dressed up ah coupe or sri turbo??

MatsHolden
21st August 2006, 09:39 PM

It had red HSV callipers. Where'd ya get 184kw from?:confused: It was 176kw.:)

MatsHolden
21st August 2006, 09:42 PM
It's quite a bit cheeper in the uk, then the GTI and the Megane.

So why is it more expensive in Aus??? Is it because you are paying for a badge??? :rolleyes:

Considering the SRi Turbo is $34990, the VXR fits in about right at $42990.

Shaun
22nd August 2006, 12:51 AM
Considering the SRi Turbo is $34990, the VXR fits in about right at $42990.

I think its Prices good. its only $2,990 more then the WRX and i think you get a much better Package for the Extra $2,900 over all.

entice
22nd August 2006, 09:28 AM
better package?
i'd like to see how the drivetrain holds up, and I think there is no AWD...

1.2Bar for that power? something's amiss i think. at 1.2Bar i was getting (dynodynamics dyno, shootout mode, mid 20 deg amb temps, 4th gear STI) 180ish KW at all 4 wheels, well over 200 when the boost was wound up past 1.3.
180atw on an sti is close to 240 flywheel.

RudeOne
22nd August 2006, 10:17 AM
1.2 is peak max boost, it just hits it for a few seconds and drops to 12psi

i hear ppl complain about weak drivetrains in wrx's all the time.... especially gearbox....???????

entice
22nd August 2006, 10:36 AM
umm the figures I mentioned above were peak boost aswell.

re the gearbox, perhaps you are right, perhaps you do hear about wrx boxes packing it in...

but i'd imagine those would be the ones that have received a lot of punishment on or off a track.

I've owner 2 of them. a 97 wrx (running peak 19PSI) , for 50+K Km, with NO gearbox problems, and an 03 STI, HOLDING 1.35Bar on 98Ron...1.5+ Bar was ok on 98 RON + race fuel 50:50 for track.

And I've only seen one STI 6MT shat itself...
on repeated flatshifting on the track and downshifting for redlines...
Granted, teh STI is a different league to a wrx and a VXR...

Shaun
22nd August 2006, 10:44 AM
umm the figures I mentioned above were peak boost aswell.

re the gearbox, perhaps you are right, perhaps you do hear about wrx boxes packing it in...

but i'd imagine those would be the ones that have received a lot of punishment on or off a track.

I've owner 2 of them. a 97 wrx (running peak 19PSI) , for 50+K Km, with NO gearbox problems, and an 03 STI, HOLDING 1.35Bar on 98Ron...1.5+ Bar was ok on 98 RON + race fuel 50:50 for track.

And I've only seen one STI 6MT shat itself...
on repeated flatshifting on the track and downshifting for redlines...
Granted, teh STI is a different league to a wrx and a VXR...

Im refering to over all package. The WRX has a rather plan interior. its dull now. i liked the older models with the harder seats .

The new Club spec 9 in Sundays paper is a head turner though. If i was going to buy a wrx i think i would buy the new clubspec.

entice
22nd August 2006, 10:54 AM
Yes, I agree with you shaun, as a comfort and quality package, the WRX leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. the AH astra is a far better finished and equipped vehicle, even in base trim.

If I were to buy again, I'd look at an older 02 STI. 2.0Litre engine is far more amenable to tuning, with forged pistons rather than the hypereutectic ones in the 2.5L. The bugeyes can be picked up really cheaply compared to the peanut headlight, and the pignose does nothing for me...
for high 20's low 30's you can pick up a car equipped with a virtually indestructible 6mt, Front, centre and rear LSD's, and very nice brembo's. And even in stock form you have a very, very capable track weapon.

But I digress, the VXR is a very nice package, I like it a lot. I hope they have 3 piece AP's on it rather than teh solid brembo's, but I just dont see it's capabilities as a track car. As a day to day punter, it looks the biz. But doezs it do much more than the SRI?.. i think perhaps, just on paper, it isnt much better than an SRI (for road use) and not quite up to scratch as a track car.... would be very nice if it came in AWD though

RudeOne
22nd August 2006, 11:12 AM
"but I just dont see it's capabilities as a track car. As a day to day punter, it looks the biz. "

Mate well spoken, very true....

Wraith
22nd August 2006, 01:00 PM
I suppose it all depends on what use you intend buying it for.

How often are you going to hit the track, compared with driving on the road ?

If alot, well then a car suited to the track is your thing.

If you intend never hitting a track - as the great majority of people wouldn't, it dosn't matter so much.

entice
22nd August 2006, 01:06 PM
yep, I agree wraith, and hence, if that is the case, dollar for dollar, would teh SRI be better value?
is teh VXR worth the extra whatever if it really isnt a track car, and the nice bits added compromise, or dont really supplement teh car in the real world day to day.

i havent driven one, so i cant answer that for myself.. and i guess that's what really matters...answering that question each and every one of us for ourselves....

I really hope that the vxr has a far superior setup suspension wise than the rest of the flock... the live rear beam and the softish struts are something very very vague and dull for the standard cars, and dont offer much room for adjustment...

Wraith
22nd August 2006, 01:17 PM
Yes, very true.

The Sri t is great value for money, as I've said before I predict it'll be a Motor Mag bang for your bucks winner.

I believe suspension wise it the VXR does have a better setup as Aussie in London has descibed alot of.

I suppose if I were to chose a VXR over the standard Sri t, it would be mainly for the fact of the stronger engine (power and internals) with greater power enhancement down the track.

It can be mapped alone to over 200kw and over 400nm, that's plenty for a "single wheeler" FWD car.

To get similar from the Sri t, your looking at much more money and time than just a simple re-flash.

19" wheels and other little goodies add up to make the diff. in price a little more justified, but I do think it is over priced, I knew it would be as are all the HSV range, compared with their "normal" Holden counterparts.

Shaun
22nd August 2006, 04:55 PM
yep, I agree wraith, and hence, if that is the case, dollar for dollar, would teh SRI be better value?
is teh VXR worth the extra whatever if it really isnt a track car, and the nice bits added compromise, or dont really supplement teh car in the real world day to day.

i havent driven one, so i cant answer that for myself.. and i guess that's what really matters...answering that question each and every one of us for ourselves....

I really hope that the vxr has a far superior setup suspension wise than the rest of the flock... the live rear beam and the softish struts are something very very vague and dull for the standard cars, and dont offer much room for adjustment...

VXR is a Vauxhall Passive Suspsension. HSV Call it VXR Uprated Suspension. They are completely different to whats fitted to the SRi T. Vauxhall Passive is designed by Lotus Engneering .

aussie_in_london
22nd August 2006, 05:37 PM
but I just dont see it's capabilities as a track car. As a day to day punter, it looks the biz. But doezs it do much more than the SRI?.. i think perhaps, just on paper, it isnt much better than an SRI (for road use) and not quite up to scratch as a track car

the time the VXR/OPC done of the Nurburgring proves otherwise,
8min 35sec making it the fastest in its class,
im about to track mine this weekend at Snetterton and a few other VXR owners do on a regular basis and have suprised many on how well it performs

aussie_in_london
22nd August 2006, 06:04 PM

i went from a H SRi to a VXR and the handling is noticeably different,
Lotus development consisted of changing the dampers/struts , springs , roll bars ,moved the roll centres , new front knuckle and steering maps, over 3 weeks was spent by Lotus setting up the VXR and 2 trips to the German proving ground.

entice
22nd August 2006, 06:19 PM
sounds like a fair bit of engineering work, but not a rhetorical q', but is the rear beam still solid? Is the camber/castor adjustment in teh rears?

Red AH SRI T
22nd August 2006, 06:40 PM
First car (Silver) arrives 13/10/06 with all others arriving 05/12/06 :eek:

Shaun
22nd August 2006, 06:55 PM

Gee... Thats going to mean im going to have a longer wait then 1st thought.. Kurt i want to come down and have a look when it arrives.. remind me .. and ill be there to look at it .
This is reminds me of when the UK Owners of the VXR were waiting on there VXR Astras. I believe the 1st delivery was about 2days before Christmas.

Shaun

Miyagi
22nd August 2006, 10:02 PM
Good to see it's all coming together now... let's just hope they take on the Mazda mentality to supplying hot hatches... and actually supply it! :)

RudeOne
23rd August 2006, 09:37 AM

Is that at your dealership or all??

as you know i have pre ordered and they have a vehicle with my name on it at point 40 just about to be shipped (that was a week ago) my dealership have told me that ill have it by the end of september... this is different to what your saying??? i dont want to wait till december!!!! argggg if i have to wait till december ill go get a mazda!!

Wraith
23rd August 2006, 01:00 PM
Is that at your dealership or all??

as you know i have pre ordered and they have a vehicle with my name on it at point 40 just about to be shipped (that was a week ago) my dealership have told me that ill have it by the end of september... this is different to what your saying??? i dont want to wait till december!!!! argggg if i have to wait till december ill go get a mazda!!

If you really like and prefer the VXR, just wait for it, I know this is easier said than done.....I had to wait 3 months for my HSV R8 when I bought that thing and the sleepless nights were killing me, so I know where your coming from, but it's all worth it in the end.....

Stick to your No.1 preference.

rjastra
23rd August 2006, 04:17 PM
Great... you get your new 2006 car a couple of weeks before it's a year old. Great for depreciation!! Might as well wait until Jan 2007 and wangle a discount on last years stock ;)

Shaun
23rd August 2006, 04:23 PM
Great... you get your new 2006 car a couple of weeks before it's a year old. Great for depreciation!! Might as well wait until Jan 2007 and wangle a discount on last years stock ;)

Second that call about the Discount..... hehe

aussie_in_london
23rd August 2006, 05:14 PM
i waited 6 months exactly from the day i ordered, picked it up on the 23rd Dec so great xmas present, worst thing was there was none in circulation and i had the opportunity to test drive one of the pre production models 5 months before the first ones hit the streets, now that was hard!

Shaun
23rd August 2006, 05:51 PM
I can understand your point there Shane. After being in yours and Waynes in the UK i want one twice as much as i did before i flew over there..

Guys. They are worth the money and the wait.. My Exprience with the VXR in the UK is something i enjoyed . And i was only a Passanger in one....

Red AH SRI T
24th August 2006, 07:32 AM
have been told cars are on a ship from the factory to singapore.

Arrival has been revised to November

RudeOne
24th August 2006, 09:33 AM
Just heard the same thing from my dealer today, this is s**t house, wont get it for another 3 months...

RudeOne
24th August 2006, 09:40 AM
they are event code "44"........

this is just typical, if i had know when i bought the car this was the case i would not have sold my SRIT for another 2 months..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now im stuck with someone else's car for 3 months....sooo angry....

Shaun
24th August 2006, 10:23 AM
And Eldora had the hide to tell me that it would only take 6 weeks at sea....... Sea freight can take up to six months at times.

Rudeone i know it hard waiting and even harder now you sold yours. But wait for it. You wont be dissapointed . They are worth the wait.

Shaun
24th August 2006, 05:26 PM
More VXR News. Looks like HSV looked at the Vectra VXR and the Zafira VXR too.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/1991570.aspx

Could this mean a Corsa VXR could come as well?

RudeOne
25th August 2006, 10:02 AM
good news is always nice! Hsv gurus where at springwood hsv dealership and confirmed, that my car is in singapore already! and will be here sometime in september and go thru autocare at the very lastest in the first week october! but they said it was still possible for me to have the car by end of september!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shaun
25th August 2006, 10:50 AM
Thats top news.... What colour did you order?

RudeOne
25th August 2006, 11:50 AM
gansta black!

bill142
25th August 2006, 05:09 PM
And Eldora had the hide to tell me that it would only take 6 weeks at sea....... Sea freight can take up to six months at times.

Rudeone i know it hard waiting and even harder now you sold yours. But wait for it. You wont be dissapointed . They are worth the wait.

Most of that time it's spent sitting on a dock getting covers in bird****.

R3N
25th August 2006, 07:52 PM
gansta black!

fo shizzle... chrome 20s ASAP! lol

RudeOne
25th August 2006, 09:01 PM
nah, 22's dude ;) ahahhaha

Red AH SRI T
26th August 2006, 10:24 AM
i hear they are now due in November instead of December.

Thats gotta be a good thing!!!