PDA

View Full Version : HSV E-Series Front Gaurd Vent

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 03:16 PM
Just thought i'd see how HSV's vent will look.. the vent is the only part HSV is giving away on their site, so put it on an SS-V to get an idea..

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/HSVVent.jpg

OZChris
18th August 2006, 03:20 PM
Enjoy :)

http://www.thenescience.com/OCAU/24Jul20062025042.jpg

btm
18th August 2006, 03:36 PM
:eek: hawt

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 03:55 PM
Enjoy :)

http://www.thenescience.com/OCAU/24Jul20062025042.jpg

Where'd ya get those? Not sure about the front treatment...

InsaneAsylum
18th August 2006, 04:01 PM
those vents will be available in stick on form at autobarn in a few years time :D

OZChris
18th August 2006, 04:04 PM
Where'd ya get those? Not sure about the front treatment...

The pics appeared on a MINI forum.

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 04:10 PM
The pics appeared on a MINI forum.

Good find..

OZChris
18th August 2006, 04:27 PM
Also, I just found this

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3768945a30,00.html

Red AH SRI T
18th August 2006, 05:00 PM
Pics were originally posted on www.ls1.com.au

Very nice looking car, much more than a commodore with bits tacked on, i like the changed gaurds and tailights.

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 05:16 PM
Also HSV no longer use their own exhaust system, they use the same system as on the SS.

Red AH SRI T
18th August 2006, 05:26 PM
Hmm, im sure the exhaust is different. I know one media source complained because the exhaust treatment (ie the outlets) look the same as the SS-V.

Maybe they were expecting HSV to do Centre pipes or heaven forbid 3 pipes each side :eek:

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 05:47 PM
Hmm, im sure the exhaust is different.

We'll see... ;)

Red AH SRI T
18th August 2006, 08:18 PM
he he he, maybe i had better read up some more :p

PaulyJ
19th August 2006, 11:05 AM
That looks great
Really like the look of that!

mr_sikma
21st August 2006, 11:15 AM
hey all

i seen heaps of hsvs yesterday at work.

when they leave our plant they have stock mags on, black plastic bumpers front and rear, car seat covers and the exhausts you were talking about...

yesterday they all had stock black small exhausts with stock crappy black tips at the back, so YES HVS will do their own exhausts, unless they are using the Omega's exhaust with no tips ;)

And the plastic black guard vent i seen on them yesterday looked sooo cheap and tacky. Black crappy plastic with the SS style indicator in the middle of it. I hope what i seen isnt the exact one :(

Oh and one thing i noticed in the pics of the white so called HSV, are the rear lights. i highly doubt they would have a completely different rear end boot and everything. actually i know they dont!!!

Wraith
21st August 2006, 12:51 PM
Hot, Very Hot !!!

MatsHolden
21st August 2006, 06:33 PM
hey all

i seen heaps of hsvs yesterday at work.

when they leave our plant they have stock mags on, black plastic bumpers front and rear, car seat covers and the exhausts you were talking about...

yesterday they all had stock black small exhausts with stock crappy black tips at the back, so YES HVS will do their own exhausts, unless they are using the Omega's exhaust with no tips ;)

And the plastic black guard vent i seen on them yesterday looked sooo cheap and tacky. Black crappy plastic with the SS style indicator in the middle of it. I hope what i seen isnt the exact one :(

Oh and one thing i noticed in the pics of the white so called HSV, are the rear lights. i highly doubt they would have a completely different rear end boot and everything. actually i know they dont!!!

The tail lights actually are like that. The tail light is the same shape as the normal tail light except the bottom of it, they have the top of it in plastic colour coded with the body colour and the bottom of the tail light fits into the HSV bumper. So there isn't any change to the rear. Also the front guard is custom pressed by HSV as they can now press their own metal.
And the exhaust according to a guy I know who worked on the engineering VE, is the same on an HSV as on the SS (Except for the extractors). He's a member on here, so if he wants to back me up, feel free! lol He told me about the tail lights and front gaurd, and that turned out to be true so i'll tend to believe him about the exhaust too. :)

Apex
21st August 2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry not to sure if you all had been here yet:)

http://www.hsv.com.au/index_eseries.asp

Vectracious
21st August 2006, 07:27 PM
The E-series looks really good - different tail light treatment helps differentiate the HSV's - IMHO I think the rear tail lights look really good.

Again, all we've seen are HSV publicity shots so they are going to be of the best angles of the car, so am hanging to see one in the flesh.

one2have
22nd August 2006, 09:01 AM
Man oh Man...

If they look that good on the website then I'm sure i'll droooool when I see them IRL.

They are still using the 6.0 LS2 despite rumours of a quad-cam. The GTS and R8 have the same power output of 307kW and 550Nm. I would have thought the GTS would get a little more?? say 320?? Why bother with a GTS model?

Apex
22nd August 2006, 09:14 AM
Magnetic Ride Control, 20-inch diameter wheels.

one2have
22nd August 2006, 10:42 AM
yeah for an extra 12k. Hang on, you get very bright coloured seats..

MatsHolden
22nd August 2006, 05:41 PM
Man oh Man...

If they look that good on the website then I'm sure i'll droooool when I see them IRL.

They are still using the 6.0 LS2 despite rumours of a quad-cam. The GTS and R8 have the same power output of 307kW and 550Nm. I would have thought the GTS would get a little more?? say 320?? Why bother with a GTS model?

The major differentiation between the Clubby R8 and GTS is the Magnetic Ride Control as said above. There are other differences but very subtle and i'm not sure if it's enough for it to wear the GTS badge. However this does leave a space for a GTS-R, although the 6.2 and 7.0 are now not believed to be used in a GTS-R model as first thought.

one2have
22nd August 2006, 05:53 PM
The major differentiation between the Clubby R8 and GTS is the Magnetic Ride Control as said above. There are other differences but very subtle and i'm not sure if it's enough for it to wear the GTS badge. However this does leave a space for a GTS-R, although the 6.2 and 7.0 are now not believed to be used in a GTS-R model as first thought.

Yeah, the more I go through the specs the more differences I could find and they're too subtle. I still think the GTS should have more power. Even if its a Token 10kW.. Apart from the MRC there's not much else..

Shaun
22nd August 2006, 07:50 PM
They Have Plenty more Power in LS2. I suspect there reasons behind only increasing it by 10kw is to see what Ford do with the nezt Falcon. Then bring out the big guns.

Wraith
23rd August 2006, 01:18 PM
That's exactly right.

In the US the LS2 output is up to 350kw and 600nm....plenty more scope for future variants - just like they did with the LS1.

MatsHolden
23rd August 2006, 03:04 PM
Yeh we know they are de-tuned, but having no power differentiation between the GTS and Clubsport R8 isn't ideal... Remember with the GTS 300, there was always that decent gap of power between it and the other models.

Apex
23rd August 2006, 04:09 PM
MRC should not be brushed aside, it’s a valuable asset in HSV’s arsenal, MRC is an awesome feature and you’ll struggle to find it at your local Pedders ,20 inch wheels shod with specially designed Bridgestone tires. These two features justify the 12k price gar alone.

They should have made the VE R8 a regular clubsport, and the VE GTS a clubsport R8, that would have left room for a GTS down the track, I say give it 370kw and let it loose on the BMW M5.

Graham

MatsHolden
23rd August 2006, 07:01 PM
Yeh don't get me wrong, MRC is a great package, but it should be coupled with the extra grunt as well. GTS-R will more than likely become the flagship model down the track with an exclusive power output.

mr_sikma
24th August 2006, 01:44 PM
The tail lights actually are like that. The tail light is the same shape as the normal tail light except the bottom of it, they have the top of it in plastic colour coded with the body colour and the bottom of the tail light fits into the HSV bumper. So there isn't any change to the rear. Also the front guard is custom pressed by HSV as they can now press their own metal.
And the exhaust according to a guy I know who worked on the engineering VE, is the same on an HSV as on the SS (Except for the extractors). He's a member on here, so if he wants to back me up, feel free! lol He told me about the tail lights and front gaurd, and that turned out to be true so i'll tend to believe him about the exhaust too. :)

well i am just telling you what i see everyday as i build them ;)

fair enough with the tail light, there had to be something there as the holes for them are the same on all the models...

the guards are already fitted at holden with the cut-outs for the vents...

the SS's have there exhausts fitted at holden ready for sale, and the HSV's have a different exhaust fitted before they go to HSV. If they were the same why wouldnt they fit them at Holden?