PDA

View Full Version : Astra Twin Top Coming... But Only In 2.2L

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 12:00 AM
I went to my dealers launch of the VE range tonight and they showed a presentation of the cars to come and included was the Astra Twin Top and it will only be available in the 2.2L. Didn't mention anything about the 2.0L Turbo, which will upset a few of you.

Cheers
Mat

Wraith
18th August 2006, 12:59 PM
Don't worry Mat, same deal happened with the TS model convertible.

Eventually they released the turbo, but for a limited time and in limited colour schemes only.

I predict they'll do the same with the AH convertible, ie: see how well it sells and take it from there.

The TS convertible is one of the most succesful cars Holden have ever had.

It's become Australia's No.1 selling convertible and it is still available for sale along side the AH models, until the new one comes.

No other TS models are still available for purchase brand new, I can't think of any other car that Holden has done that with before...

imay
18th August 2006, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=Wraith;143905]No other TS models are still available for purchase brand newQUOTE]

Not quite correct . . . I know of 2 brand new TS Astra convertibles still in Holden showrooms here in Adelaide (one black, one silver, both auto). There may even be more, I'm not sure. I've got mine, that's the main thing!

Still undecided about the TwinTop. Need to see it in the flesh, but have scanned plenty of pix and it still looks too much like a Pug to me. And I'm not a fan of the tin roof . . . the rag top defines a convertible.
I'm off to the VE launch tonight, so I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Wraith
18th August 2006, 01:21 PM
Imay, read my post - that's exactly what I've said, ie: TS Astra convertibles are still available brand new, you can go into any Holden dealer and order one.........just not any other versions of the TS.

This was the case at least until a week ago when I was checking out the VE at a dealership in Dandenong Melb. and popped the question.

imay
18th August 2006, 01:28 PM
Sorry mate, mis-read your post as 'no other TS convertibles were available.'
See what you mean now, and I have to agree.

MatsHolden
18th August 2006, 02:02 PM
They also sold the TS Astra Classic along side the AH for a while until the Viva took over. They sold the VS ute along side the VT Commodore, and are selling the VZ ute and Wagon along side the VE Commodore until the VE ute and wagon become available.

Shaun
18th August 2006, 05:40 PM
I seen one in Paris in the flesh. Black in colour. they look rather nice.

nicecar
23rd August 2006, 11:40 PM
Do you know when it is launched in Australia?

imay
24th August 2006, 09:20 AM
Do you know when it is launched in Australia?

It will be launched at the Sydney Motor Show in October and Holden hope to have it available for the summer to maintain their convertible sales supremacy. This information from the GM of a local Holden dealer at the VE lauch last Friday night.