PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Opels

xplosv57
17th August 2006, 06:09 PM
Stumbled across this site, Opel model cars, looks alright!!
http://www.miniatuurshop.nl/personenauto-merk-opel-c-36_2114.html?sort=3a&page=1

Ginge
17th August 2006, 07:30 PM
check out the opel senator on page 3. looks oh so familiar

Shaun
17th August 2006, 07:53 PM
very cool i think i might order a G Convertable and a Tigra.

imay
18th August 2006, 01:25 PM
I have a small collection of these, and can advise that the quality and detail is excellent. Keep in mind, though, that they are only 1:43 scale which makes them about 95-100 mm long (in a case about 150 mm long).
I have the 4 Minichamps versions of the G convertible (silver body/black interior, silver/red, red/black, black/red), gold/black G Coupe, and green Corsa C, as well as a Stuco brand silver G 5 door Hatchback.
These models are usually available on eBay (worldwide), but be careful you don't pay too much. Keep an eye on enthusiasts passing on their collections as the fad passes, rather than buy from the shops.

I have my light metallic green Corsa C 3 door available for sale, if anyone is interested (remember that bit about a fad!).

nicecar
18th August 2006, 10:49 PM
Hello imay,

can you tell me where you brought your Astra G silver convertible model, with black inside? I have been trying to get one for years. Also when I have been in Europe been looking but no luck..

Seen a black one so many times on ebay uk...

Diabolical
18th August 2006, 11:59 PM
I have my light metallic green Corsa C 3 door available for sale, if anyone is interested (remember that bit about a fad!).

If it is around the same colour as my Corsa C, I would be very interested.

Pom
19th August 2006, 12:03 PM
Did you notice the hsv section?

imay
20th August 2006, 12:50 PM
Hello imay,

can you tell me where you brought your Astra G silver convertible model, with black inside? I have been trying to get one for years. Also when I have been in Europe been looking but no luck..

Seen a black one so many times on ebay uk...

eBay mate. Where else!
Do a worldwide search for 'minichamps opel astra' and something will surely come up sooner or later. Also try going to www.ebay.co.uk or www.ebay.de and trying the same search. There's a guy in Switzerland that sells on-line, and another in the US. I'll have a look and see if I can find any information for you.

Found this using the worldwide search . . . http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Minichamps-Opel-Astra-Cabrio-grau-met-1-43-OVP-selten_W0QQitemZ270017311973QQihZ017QQcategoryZ811 32QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

imay
20th August 2006, 12:52 PM
If it is around the same colour as my Corsa C, I would be very interested.

pm sent
Ian

Wraith
21st August 2006, 12:41 PM
Wow, I too love the G convertible being an owner of one myself like imay and nice car, although with all the exterior cosmetic mods on mine the miniture model dosn't really match - damn.

I'll have to check and see whether or not they have the turbo version.

imay
22nd August 2006, 10:20 AM
I'll have to check and see whether or not they have the turbo version.

Nup! The models that I have (4 color combinations as mentioned earlier) are the only ones that Minichamps made in the G. I haven't found any other model manufacturers that make them. The only other manufacturer that has a G model in their line up is Stuco, and their quality isn't as good as Minichamps and they don't to a convertible G (earlier Opel convertibles though!).

By the way . . . still waiting to see pix of your convertible with all the mods. I've just installed my Irmscher rear boot lip spoiler and genuine Opel rear head rest inserts. When I get a decent computer, I'll attempt to post some pix.

Wraith
22nd August 2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks Imay, saves me the bother.

I'll probanly just get one of them as is - silver with red interior, just like my full size car.

That spoiler you've got is the one I want as well - did it take ages to get delivered ?

By rear headrest inserts - do you mean the Irmscher curved cowling thingy which sits on the parcel shelf ? I was considering this, but it looks a bit bulky from the pics on their site....

I've been busy over the past 10 months with my ICE install, now almost complete, so I can move on to finishing all the other things on the list, next main piece of work for me is the installation of the turbo hatch front bar, then I wanna get that rear spoiler as well.

I will get some pics to you after I've completed it all

Cheers.

The Sentinel
28th August 2006, 01:19 AM
This one was purchased as a present for me in the UK last year.

I'm not sure how "collectable" it is as it's marked as number 1 of 2016.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~thesentinel/opelaus/IMGP0396.JPG

PaulyJ
28th August 2006, 09:55 AM
No Corsa B's.... not impressed!

imay
28th August 2006, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure how "collectable" it is as it's marked as number 1 of 2016.

That means you have 1 of 2016 made, NOT Number 1 of 2016. Yes, it is a limited production, but only a collectable to a collector with an interest in these (like ourselves).
I have a gold coupe with black interior. I believe they were also made in black, red, silver, dark green, and maroon (chianti). Actually, I think you will find that most Minichamps are "limited" editions.

Good score all the same. A shame that Holden didn't import the coupe.