PDA

View Full Version : Converted Opel fan

Apex
16th August 2006, 06:58 PM
Hi all from sunny Auckland ;)

Really pleased I found this site, have found a few in the UK but they don’t speak Australasian.

Just purchased a new Astra Sri Turbo, being a huge Toyota fan this was a big step for me.
Toyota New Zealand currently offers nothing decent for under 40k.

Sold my 01 Toyota Altezza, and have spent the last two months trying to find a replacement vehicle for under $40k, narrowed it down to the Astra, the Accord Euro and the Cleo Sport…Astra had the best of both these cars and more!

Have been intrigued by Opel vehicles since I saw a Astra GSi as a kid, and always admired the legendary Lotus Carlton.

Being new to these cars so I am hoping it will serve me well, have been told by a few people it will fall apart, but hey I can put up with the odd fault if it means I’ll be driving something a bit different.

Thanks Graham.

EL BURITO
16th August 2006, 07:03 PM
another Turbo from NZ

EL BURITO
16th August 2006, 07:03 PM
sorry hello and wat colour

R3N
16th August 2006, 07:06 PM
Good choice... very nice cars... shouldn't be any problems considering its brand new and has factory warranty.

Oh and welcome to the site, very jealous!:D

InsaneAsylum
16th August 2006, 07:23 PM
kia ora bro :)

does your sri turbo have a rotor in it :D

oneightoo
16th August 2006, 07:30 PM
dammit, more kiwi's!! jks :D:D

welcome to the site mate..

tell your friends they know bugger all about cars.. your astra will serve you well.. it's a very well built car..

Apex
17th August 2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the welcoming.

Will be fitting the 12a peripheral port on the weekend.:p

Its black, opted for wheel lock nuts and tinted windows.

First steep, ECU tuning.

InsaneAsylum
17th August 2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the welcoming.

Will be fitting the 12a peripheral port on the weekend.:p

Its black, opted for wheel lock nuts and tinted windows.

First steep, ECU tuning.

silver fern airbrushing?? :)

btm
17th August 2006, 09:46 AM
welcome to the site graham!

lowey22
17th August 2006, 10:25 AM
welcome mate :)

bloodly kiwi jokes. hey, do NZ have jokes about Australians like we do for you?

InsaneAsylum
17th August 2006, 10:44 AM
yeah i've heard this one from kiwis "every time a kiwi comes over to australia it raises the IQ of both countries"

i just reply with "there's an aussie in NZ, walking down the road, he sees some movement in the bushes, so he looks and finds a kiwi shagging a sheep. the aussie looks at the kiwi and says, hey mate back home we shear those bastartds. the kiwi replies with, wull i'm not shearin thus bastard wuth inabody"

oneightoo
17th August 2006, 11:17 AM
lol do you know jake the muss?

chur bro..

InsaneAsylum
17th August 2006, 12:13 PM
lol do you know jake the muss?

chur bro..

no but i know dr rupata from shortland street

InsaneAsylum
17th August 2006, 12:16 PM
and sir howard morrison

nz-sri
17th August 2006, 03:01 PM
congats mate glad you got the car in the end :)

bah wont fall aprt i had my old 2.2 TS sri for 4 years and did 80k in it no dramas , the new ones are much better put together

hey if you can find any body over here that remaps Astra ECu's give me a yell as i would be keen ,cant find any body yet but will keep looking

InsaneAsylum
17th August 2006, 04:25 PM
have you tried looking on the southside of the bombays? :D

Apex
18th August 2006, 08:40 AM
Hi all, what a reception.

Would give you Australians some crap but think I may be out numbered some how, will let the All Blacks show you all an Australian joke on Saturday night;) .

RE; Kiwi-Sri, I know exactly where we can go to get the re-maps done, they did a chip in my (supercharged) IS200.

Apparently we can Flash tune the ECU in the Astra as it runs a modern Bosh system, am told he will provide some kind of controller to switch from a modified map back to standard and vice versa to ensure we have no warranty hassles.

Will keep you updated.

btm
18th August 2006, 09:19 AM
Would give you Australians some crap but think I may be out numbered some how, will let the All Blacks show you all an Australian joke on Saturday night;)
i think its going to be a lot closer game than everyone believes...

only time will tell!!