PDA

View Full Version : The full spec HSV/Astra VXR website is now available - looks great!

Pom
14th August 2006, 11:11 AM
http://www.hsv.com.au/index_new.asp

....make sure you follow the multimedia link and check out the video.

Shaun
14th August 2006, 01:09 PM
I dont see them ?

Pom
14th August 2006, 02:07 PM
Sorry - that's the broadest link.......go to 'cars' then 'vxr' then go from there...you get interior, exterior, full spec, video etc

Shaun
14th August 2006, 03:32 PM
Those shots have been there for months. There nothing new. The ones im seeing unless there is something new your viewing?

Pom
14th August 2006, 03:52 PM
Might just be me...had previously seen the vxr/hsv site and assumed these were new, so you're probably right

btm
14th August 2006, 04:04 PM
Shaun doesn't miss anything when it comes to talking about the VXR :p

Shaun
14th August 2006, 04:16 PM
Shaun doesn't miss anything when it comes to talking about the VXR :p

Your not wrong there.... It seems im consumed by the VXR. But im not..

SSS_Hoon
14th August 2006, 04:18 PM
yeah all this talk about it shaun and u will most likly never own one...

SSS_Hoon

btm
14th August 2006, 04:30 PM
we all have our dreams and aspirations SSS

some come true, and unfortunately some don't

Shaun
14th August 2006, 05:42 PM
yeah all this talk about it shaun and u will most likly never own one...

SSS_Hoon

What makes you say that SSS? Who says i dont have one on Order???.. Im closer to having one then you will be AND i will be buying one. Mine could be on the market VERY Soon. Just like your SR20DET you keep talking up on PGA for the last 3 years.

phat-dave
14th August 2006, 06:36 PM
an interesting comment shaun, is that you previously mentioned this car was in no means an OPC spec VXR but that of a Vauxhall through and through...

however, the HSV media release contradicts your information you allegedly received from reliable sources ...

Shaun
14th August 2006, 06:42 PM
an interesting comment shaun, is that you previously mentioned this car was in no means an OPC spec VXR but that of a Vauxhall through and through...

however, the HSV media release contradicts your information you allegedly received from reliable sources ...

The Vauxhall VXR has a Passive Suspension. OPC has IDS like the SRi T. VXR has a Passive Suspension that was Designed by LOTUS NOT OPC. There is one Diffenence That is a FACT .

OPC is what VXR is to Vauxhall. Yes the cars are similar in looks and other aspects. BUT there are many differences to BOTH products. Interiors are different. OPC have Blue time Panels VXR has Carbon trims on the doors.

OPC is the Parent Builder of the VXR yes. Hence why HSV Say OPC. OPC Developed lots of items on the VXR but there are many items that were changed to Suit the English Market.
If only you lot knew some of the things i learnt in the UK about the VXR from reliable sources.

R3N
14th August 2006, 06:52 PM
If only you lot knew some of the things i learnt in the UK about the VXR from reliable sources.

no reason to be c.ocky...

Just because you know something else more than the average person does not put you in a better place. Most people are going by what HSV have released to the media and other publicly available information. To most that is in itself a very reliable source. Somehow word of mouth and verbal info does not translate as being very reliable to most.

phat-dave
14th August 2006, 06:53 PM
given the GM parent subsidiary for the VXR is Opel, would you not assume the HSV VXR will based on the OPC product as per the media release?

I don't know why you're automatically assuming we'll have a UK spec vehicle regardless of what you saw of one whilst you were over there.

im only assuming as i dont know the information, but wouldnt vauxhall acquire the same stock as manufactured via belgium as holden australia?

Shaun
14th August 2006, 07:13 PM
given the GM parent subsidiary for the VXR is Opel, would you not assume the HSV VXR will based on the OPC product as per the media release?

I don't know why you're automatically assuming we'll have a UK spec vehicle regardless of what you saw of one whilst you were over there.

im only assuming as i dont know the information, but wouldnt vauxhall acquire the same stock as manufactured via belgium as holden australia?

Im Not Assuming that its going to be a Vauxhall VXR Spec. Did you take a look at the one at they Sydney Motorshow or the Melbourne Motorshow ? did you take much notice at the pictures in the Motor Magazine? in the Motor Magazine it had a Vaxuhall Badge in the Centre of the Steering wheel. The car displayed buy HSV and tested by Motor is a Vauxhall VXR. Im sure that if HSV were going to sell a car with the OPC IDS suspension they wouldnt have handed it over to the press to test with a Vauxhall Passive Suspension. Rather dumb dont you think???

R3N
14th August 2006, 07:14 PM

Its like this. Basically all products are altered to suit different conditions/countries. Vauxhall has modified the OPC variant and turned it into the VXR, Holden will then take the VXR spec and further modify it to suit aussie conditions and turn it into a HSV, Opel will then manufacture the vehicles according to what HSV wants and send it over. No matter what has been said in the past by brand managers etc, HSV WILL have the final say. Its like the SRiT, it was in brochures and the auto shows with the "HBD" optioned bodykit but was released with a different bodykit and no one outside of Holden knew of it.

phat-dave
14th August 2006, 07:15 PM
Again, I'm assuming so I do apologise... but would the Vauxhall be the only right hand drive version available and therefore most logical to have a display only version?

PwrEng
14th August 2006, 07:20 PM
given that the vauxhaul vxr is a RHD vehicle it would seem logical that hsv would score some of vauxhauls allocation from belgium, take delivery, then make a few mods etc for the aus market

phat-dave
14th August 2006, 07:23 PM
Its like this. Basically all products are altered to suit different conditions/countries. Vauxhall has modified the OPC variant and turned it into the VXR, Holden will then take the VXR spec and further modify it to suit aussie conditions and turn it into a HSV, Opel will then manufacture the vehicles according to what HSV wants and send it over. No matter what has been said in the past by brand managers etc, HSV WILL have the final say. Its like the SRiT, it was in brochures and the auto shows with the "HBD" optioned bodykit but was released with a different bodykit and no one outside of Holden knew of it.

I have to disagree, I think you'll find the OPC version will be utilised as a raw example and HSV will further enhance the vehicle using various tools in the GM garage, now whether that be passive suspension of ids or whatever the other systems are .. it doesnt make sense or good business practice to modify an already modified example

Shaun
14th August 2006, 07:25 PM
Ireland is a RHD and so is South Africa . I know that Both Countrys do have OPC Astra on there market. (Ireland with the new H and Im not sure if the Do in South Africa in the H But in the G they had them so i would guess they would have continued to import them)

RHD drive conversion isnt the real issue. The build RHD for us anyway. Its more so the car complying with ADR. Its Possable they could Bring the OPC Version in not disputing it . But based on the Information from my sources and the product that was displayed its a Vauxhall Spec thats coming. My gut feeling says the Passive Suspension would suit our road condtions alot better then the IDS OPC Suspension. Dont get me wrong though. IDS is a great suspension after driving the current SRi T Holden are Offering. But Vauxhall Passive is more of a drivers car.

Shaun
14th August 2006, 07:37 PM
. Its like the SRiT, it was in brochures and the auto shows with the "HBD" optioned bodykit but was released with a different bodykit and no one outside of Holden knew of it.

The SRi T Body kit is A VXR / OPC Body kit. the kit pictured was the kit they had overseas as an Option. Im under the understanding Australia/ NZ are the 1st countrys to have the kit on there cars. They will offer it as an Option in the UK and Europe ( As most things are over there are ) when they produce 2007 Spec Vehicles. ( Which is about November i think that starts.)

aussie_in_london
15th August 2006, 11:07 PM

HSV's stock of VXR's are coming directly out of vauxhalls yearly supply, the only changes as it sits will be badging, suspension/chassie is that of the Lotus developed passive set up

phat-dave
16th August 2006, 12:47 PM
VXR can't be a very popular model if an overseas subsidiary can afford to share their limited stock ...

astro boy
16th August 2006, 01:50 PM
Maybe they had already allocated a certain amount for export.

Shaun
16th August 2006, 03:44 PM
VXR can't be a very popular model if an overseas subsidiary can afford to share their limited stock ...

VXR is a Limited Build Overseas same as OPC. 2500 a year for each respective Brand Over in the UK. Same as HSV only build Limited Numbers. Thats whats make them Unqiue unlike your SRi T.

aussie_in_london
16th August 2006, 05:29 PM

far from it actually (800 pre orders prior to release) but it is a limited yearly stock (2500 per year) as has been mentioned but keep in mind HSV also supply vauxhall with the GTO rebadged as Monaro VXR, see the link!

7 months since release and i was able to get 40 to a recent meet, the next one i have organised for Silverstone (Oct 15th) in 2 weeks of putting the meet up we have 52 astra VXR's included in the 117 vxls registered
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/aussie32/VXRBTCCMEETDONINGTON065Large.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/aussie32/VXRBTCCMEETDONINGTON013Large.jpg

phat-dave
16th August 2006, 07:27 PM
lol shaun, its fanboys like you taking things too closely to their hearts that makes the hsv brand so ... unique ... how cute

aussie in london - looks magic seeing all those astras in colour coordination

Shaun
16th August 2006, 07:43 PM
lol shaun, its fanboys like you taking things too closely to their hearts that makes the hsv brand so ... unique ... how cute

aussie in london - looks magic seeing all those astras in colour coordination

i was pointing out to you that The VXR Sells well and is in High Demand. You seem to do very little research before you comment about the VXR .Saying there must not be in High demand. Read every article that has been printed in The Australian Media about the VXR and im sure that you will see they have made comment to how the demand or the VXR/OPC Products have taken Europe and the UK by storm. Read the UK Magazine Articles and they clearly show the demand is high.
Do some research before you make your next round of Comments about the VXR.

As for "Fanboys" the HSV Product is the Premium Product for the Holden Product. As is FPV for the Ford Poduct,STi is for the Subaru Product,Evolution is to the Mitsubishi Product,as AMG is to the Mercedes Benz Product and M3 to the BMW product.

Those Namesare known for there developement and Enhancements on there products.

Plus i think the Pics Aussie has posted tell the story so well.

phat-dave
16th August 2006, 07:57 PM
lol - if you read the actual thread, you'll see my comments are more so directed at you as you seem to think you know everything.

i dont research nor think before i type, because i simply dont give a fcuk which is what the forums are about... you on the other hand must appear to know everything and be the "vxr guru"

if i were you, i'd just take it easy, have a coke and a smoke and walk round the block and wait for the vxr to land into a dealership before carrying on about how great it is ... you just remind me a stereotypical vl lover that in 15yrs time will still be carrying on and reminising the old days

im not the only one to have noticed it, scroll up and you'll even see someone else mentioning your condescending tone through what you type.. the bottom line is the vxr is a glorified astra, big deal.

Shaun
16th August 2006, 08:25 PM
lol - if you read the actual thread, you'll see my comments are more so directed at you as you seem to think you know everything.

i dont research nor think before i type, because i simply dont give a fcuk which is what the forums are about... you on the other hand must appear to know everything and be the "vxr guru"

if i were you, i'd just take it easy, have a coke and a smoke and walk round the block and wait for the vxr to land into a dealership before carrying on about how great it is ... you just remind me a stereotypical vl lover that in 15yrs time will still be carrying on and reminising the old days

im not the only one to have noticed it, scroll up and you'll even see someone else mentioning your condescending tone through what you type.. the bottom line is the vxr is a glorified astra, big deal.

As for the Sterotypical Type i dont think so.I like many cars. I like so many new and old cars. My dads restoring a XU1 Torana. dont see me doing the Sterotypical thing about that do you? I have driven many motor vehicles in my time. From Smart Fortwo through to Mercedes Benz AMG C55 . But i must say for something you havent even been in or seen you seem to make a lot of negitive comments. same could be said for you about chilling out until it hits dealership. I on the other hand have Been in TWO VXR Astras. So i think its fair to say my comments are based on facts not an opinon. Glorified Astra it isnt.

R3N
16th August 2006, 09:03 PM
But i must say for something you havent even been in or seen you seem to make a lot of negitive comments. same could be said for you about chilling out until it hits dealership. I on the other hand have Been in TWO VXR Astras. So i think its fair to say my comments are based on facts not an opinon. Glorified Astra it isnt.

You have been in 2 UK Astra VXRs, which puts you in about the same position as him. Until the Aussie Astra VXRs have been released and you've been in one, I'd say you know as much as anyone who has read what has been said/reported/reviewed in the Australian media.

Oh, and everyone has a right to their own opinion, just because this is an Opel forum doesn't mean we are biased or one-sided... which IMO causes alot of forums to go down the drain.

oneightoo
16th August 2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.rageboy.com/images/spam-happy-person1.jpg

aussie_in_london
16th August 2006, 10:30 PM
You have been in 2 UK Astra VXRs, which puts you in about the same position as him. Until the Aussie Astra VXRs have been released and you've been in one, I'd say you know as much as anyone who has read what has been said/reported/reviewed in the Australian media

just to lay this to rest and move on
Fact: you guys are getting UK spec VXR's hence the name being used,
enjoy it when it arrives, its a great car, glorified, i prefer to use the term psycho : )))))))

phat-dave
17th August 2006, 09:18 AM
hahaha love it, bit of a banter, whos your daddy

aussie in london : ill have the 19s pls :D