PDA

View Full Version : Problem after lowering help!!

sammykkwok
11th August 2006, 10:45 PM
Guys I need help,

I have lowered my car a few weeks ago, very happy with the ride height. But I have been getting popping, metal to metal, rubbing noises out of the front driver side. It appears to be random.. can only hear it when car going slow (below 50km/h), over bumps, turning the steering wheel when car going very slow.

Strange thing is I get no such noise during the morning.. and I would start getting it maybe after 20min driving..very strange.

Anyone know whats going on? Anyone you know have similar problem as I do?

I have had Pedders installed them. They checked it twice after I brought the car back it them, they found no problem whatsoever. And I had another suspension shop looked at it, they checked everything, no problem found whatsoever.. But they did mentioned about putting some grease to the bearing cap solved the noise.. but when I picked it up, the noise came back.

I have had the original rubber tube put in to the springs.

I need some help.

Sammy

JR
11th August 2006, 11:16 PM
if i'm on the same frequency as u - i believe u had the same problem i had with mine a few months back.
in my case, it was the strut cap/hat, and some bolts at the base of the shocks, that needed to be replaced.

i thought it had something to do with my brake disc rotor being warped, cause of metal on metal noise and occasional popping noise, noticeable at low speeds.

got it fixed under warranty by holden.
get them to check urs out.

good luck