PDA

View Full Version : Arrgggh! Post since last visit (0)

Rhino
7th May 2004, 03:18 PM
Everytime I log onto the forum, the front page tells me that there are X news posts since my last visit.

When I click on the link the search returns 0 matches for my query!

What's going on :?:

PaulTheBall
7th May 2004, 06:08 PM
I had this before. I switched from Netscape to Internet Explorer to get it working.

I tried deleting cookies but that didn't fix it.

Turblue
7th May 2004, 06:19 PM
I noticed this as well this afternoon with netscape. IE was fine.

Hmm....... :roll:

Rhino
8th May 2004, 06:59 PM
Sorted

Turblue
8th May 2004, 07:28 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that the provider did something over the last few days....

The Sentinel
9th May 2004, 10:23 PM
FWIW, I had this last week until I upgraded Mozilla Firefox to the lastest version.

Rhino
13th May 2004, 09:44 AM
It's doing it again!

sijay
14th May 2004, 07:06 PM
not really the same thing but kinda.. scenario:

open website.
"Posts since last visit 152"
click on link
read first post.
Hit "Back" button browser
read next post that interests me and reply.
Hit "Back" button on browser and page has expired.
Hit "Back" button again and i am returned to the 'posts sinces last visited' screen but the only one available is the one i've just posted.

Does this make sense? Hope so. This is how i generally navigate this forum - now im finding im missing out on things i have a comment/thought on. Its a bit of a pain and it would be much appreciated if there was a fix for it.

Tks

em
14th May 2004, 07:14 PM
check you internet options and make sure your cookies are set to meduim, if the are set to low they wont remember information for you.

i had a computer upgrade and somehow mine were set to low and i was having the same problem.....
just a thought?
em

sijay
14th May 2004, 07:18 PM
hmm.. okay - changed. now i will log off so, everyone post heaps and i will log back on in an hour!! :lol: :lol:

Nem
29th May 2004, 09:32 AM
Mine was already set to medium. Doesnt help at all.

**edit hhmm.. working now. It may have given it a bump even though the setting wasnt changed.

Ben