PDA

View Full Version : TS SRi 2.2

V-R
8th August 2006, 10:34 AM
Hi all,

Have just joined and posted in the new members thread and included a question about SRi's...thought I'd post it up here as it may be more relevant :)

I'm looking for a TS SRi and have noticed the 02 and 03+ models are different - was told there was an update, does anyone know what changes were made? (I noticed the rims are different)

Cheers!

imay
8th August 2006, 01:13 PM
does anyone know what changes were made? (I noticed the rims are different)

From memory . . . that's about it. Maybe a slight tweak to engine management, but I think everything else is the same. Could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will add to this if there was any other changes.

Skibum
8th August 2006, 06:29 PM
The main differences were the rims, the front seats and that's about all.

Thechanges were mainly cost cutting by Holden. Otherwise everything else is the same.

The 02 Models looked better (my opinion only)

V-R
8th August 2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the replies guys

In what way are the front seats different? Curious to know...

Cheers again

:)

Assada
8th August 2006, 07:59 PM
I have the first batch of the update (Oct 02 plate MY03) the seats dont have the chequred fabric in the middle instead the whole seat a dark grey sporty fabric. The updated wheels show off more of the brake discs, but still 16" - with Michelin 205/50 tyres if it still has the factory tires - 400 buck per tyre :-).

sri guy
8th August 2006, 08:03 PM
I have the first batch of the update (Oct 02 plate MY03) the seats dont have the chequred fabric in the middle instead the whole seat a dark grey sporty fabric. The updated wheels show off more of the brake discs, but still 16" - with Michelin 205/50 tyres if it still has the factory tires - 400 buck per tyre :-).
ive got an 02 sri. didnt mind the chequered pattern on the early sri's. the trim in the o2's is a bit boring easily sorted with seat covers lol. then again i didnt buy the car for the interior.

Shaun
8th August 2006, 08:08 PM
Weren't the Later SRi 2.2 fitted with a SRi T Body Kit? I think some time in 03 the change was made. Towards the end of the TS Series.

sri guy
8th August 2006, 08:13 PM
nope i dont believe they were. i think the only difference was some subtle badge changes on the boot and a switch to 5 spoke rims thats about it

Shaun
8th August 2006, 08:15 PM
Im sure there is a Member here that has a 2.2 LTR SRi with a Factory SRi T body kit from factory.

oneightoo
8th August 2006, 08:52 PM
no such animal shauno.. if he has a turbs kit, it's aftermarket..

when i bought my 03 sri i asked for the turbs front bar, they said nope they wont do it..

V-R
8th August 2006, 11:01 PM
Cheers again for all the info guys, will be looking at a couple of SRi's on the weekend hopefully so will keep an eye out for these differences...

Much appreciated! :)

woody
9th August 2006, 09:37 AM
I bought one of the last manufactured 03 SRI's.. no SRI T bodykit, not even as an option. Also mine came with Continental Sports Contact 205 50 R16s. Tyres weren't specific across the range and i know some people got michelins other continentals and possibly others too.

rjastra
9th August 2006, 04:52 PM
The earliest model SRi got 5 alloy wheels fitted with very exxy Michelin Pilots.

Later versions lost the alloy spare and were fitted with lower cost Pirelli P6000s or Continentals. Later models also had chrome rings round the intruments.

woody
9th August 2006, 05:18 PM
The earliest model SRi got 5 alloy wheels fitted with very exxy Michelin Pilots.

Later versions lost the alloy spare and were fitted with lower cost Pirelli P6000s or Continentals. Later models also had chrome rings round the intruments.

The continental Sports Contacts aren't much cheaper, ($365 a tyre) and in my opinion are a better tyre for grip although longevity is a different matter (got 18,000 out of mine).

Have to say not real fussed about loosing the alloy spare - had to use my spare recently and the alloy don't fit so flush in the spare well, leaves a lump in the boot carpet. I'm sure they would have made teh padding thicker on the old model to compensate.. love the alloy rings tho :)

KID_SRi
9th August 2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the replies guys

In what way are the front seats different? Curious to know...

Cheers again

:)

Eary Models have Adjustable Thigh Support, Hence. The Lower Part moves forward to behind ya knees for Better Support.
And they Centre of the Seats are Trimmed in Tweed(A Wierd Wool).

Plus that later Models have a Different Computer. This can be found out by pushing Both buttons at the same on the Clock/Radio Display. Early Models will show some jibberish and the Vehicles True Road Speed(Either ??Kmh or ??K??) The Later Models just bring up the Serial Number of the ECU.
The Early Models use a Remy/AC Delco ECU. Later have a same as 1.8's.

Hope that helps

KID_SRi
9th August 2006, 05:34 PM
P.S. Very Early(Oct/Nov O1) have 2.2 16V Badge.
Dec 01- May 04 are Badged just 2.2. Just Badge palcement is Different.

V-R
9th August 2006, 06:53 PM
Some very good info, thanks again guys.

Cheers for the detailed info KID SRi - just what I needed!

I think I'd prefer one of the newer models in that case...(looking at a 2004 MY03 on the weekend)

:D

KID_SRi
9th August 2006, 06:57 PM
The Earlier Models(Oct/Nov Build Date) are the Models to have.
Theres finer details that to be looked at. The Leather Gear Knob & Steering wheel on that Later Models is NOT as nice as the Older ones.

*Editted. I missed a Crucial Word.