PDA

View Full Version : CD Stacker

sri22m
7th May 2004, 09:44 AM
I would like to purchase a CD Stacker for my Astra.

I have been advise that I can get a FM modulator system for around $500.00.

Has anyone done this or reccommend something (outside of replacing the orginial system)

Jass
7th May 2004, 09:47 AM
You still have the original blapunkt cd deck?

sri22m
7th May 2004, 09:50 AM
yes, I do

woosh
10th May 2004, 02:53 PM
any particular reason why you dont want to replace the stock cd player????

cause you can get a good mp3 player for under $400 these days, plus the fact that it can hold just about as much songs as you can fit on a 6 disc stacker.

Nem
10th May 2004, 04:04 PM
I'd only use FM to connect from your stacker to your head unit if you had no other choice. Most small (ie: 6) stackers will fit in the bottom shelf of your Astra glovebox. And from there its not too far to the back of the headunit.

Ben

Cybulba
10th May 2004, 04:21 PM
FM MODULATORS ARE A QUICK FIX.. THEY ARE GOOD BUT U WILL LOOSE SOUND QUALITY. SEE IF U CAN GET A PLUG TO GO FROM YOUR STACKER UNIT TO A EUROPEAN PLUG. HAD THIS DONE TO MY CAR AS IF I SELL MY CAR I WANT TO BE ABLE TO REPLACE THE SONY DECK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL DECK WITH NO HICKUPS.. SO I ASKED THEM NOT TO CUT ANY WIRES OR CUT OFF ANY PLUGS.. WHAT TYPE OF STACKER DID U PURCHASE.

OOPS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

sri22m
10th May 2004, 07:37 PM
I haven't I just want a system that I can use more often, I don't spend that much time in the car.
I would appreciate some ideas, I like the idea from Cybulda (what system did you put in?)

Cybulba
10th May 2004, 07:47 PM
I bought a new SonyCDX-850MP off Ebay for $534.00AU ($1100 Rrp) shipped from the US. And atached a Neo Car Mp3 Jukebox with a 40Gb Harddrive & left it with the normal speakers. Seems to sound fine to me.

With the jukebox u need RCA input on either your StereoUnit or plug it straight to an amp ( no sytem unit needed )

heres the link for the jukebox:

http://www.mstation.com.au/ms/products/?category=4&show=Category

These are pretty handy as they come with a cardle it plugs into and via USB to your pc for song loading. but also has RCA output plugs on it so if u were having a party just plug the caddy into the cradle and conect the RCA leads to your home systems AUX input and there u will have 20,40,80,120 gb of mp3's playing randomly or playlist. how ever u want. theres no need to change cd's nothing ;)

the prices are a bit steep u might think but i picked up mine Bramd New in Box for $550 off EBay also.

If anyone is interested in any of these items let me know as the dealers were large stock dealers and i might be able to talk them in to giveing me more at the same price.

Nem
11th May 2004, 12:08 AM
Oh btw... Moderators please move this post to ICE.

Cheers
Ben

Degen-Astra
11th May 2004, 12:53 AM
You could always go to holden and get a Blapunkt Tape Deck and CD Stacker for about $500 (from memory)

blackSRi
11th May 2004, 02:32 AM
Easiest way is add a Blaupunkt stacker in the glovebox - this is a dealer fit option and Holden can do this (although I would do this myself - labour is too pricey there).
Stacker plugs right on into the Blaupunkt factory unit.
I just looked at the Blaupunkt Oz site and matched my factory unit (it's the Blaupunkt CD Stereo 520) or your dealer can quote too (maybe AMCAP or a Holden wholesaler too).
If I was to do a new system (like I used to have in my Mazda) I would do a Sony MP3 CD 10 stacker under the seat, and an Integrated Sony head. Easy. You will need an interface to the remote control, but you can plug into the remote wires after unplugging the factory head.