PDA

View Full Version : Check your insurance renewal

blackSRi
2nd August 2006, 09:29 PM
Did anyone see the item on tv last night?
http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=29446 (http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=29446)

Basically they suggest to check on your insurers website for the price for a new policy - one that matches your current - and if the new is cheaper than your renewal price (it usually goes up from year to year) call up and ask for the renewal to match or you can opt to change to a (cheaper), different insurance company offering.
Might save you a few bucks at least...

MatsHolden
2nd August 2006, 09:32 PM
Might have to check that out...:)

Opelise
2nd August 2006, 09:46 PM
Today tonight - the bogans' battler.

pred8r
2nd August 2006, 10:43 PM
same logic applies to credit cards too.

mr_sikma
3rd August 2006, 01:06 AM
yeah i rang up and changed my detailsa few months back and i was insured at how many years i actually held insurance (which was 1) and they change to how long i had been driving including l's (5) so i halved the premium!

Alfonzo
3rd August 2006, 09:43 PM
I've done this in the past. I was ringing up to confirm a quote I once did on a TS Astra SRi, which I thought was unbelievably low (compared to my Vectra, which I figured was low 'cause it's a sedate sedan). She said my rating had dropped, and until I decided to buy the new car she would adjust my premium accordingly. I received a reimbursment cheque for $95 a week later.

I did it again a few months ago once I discovered that all my online quotes register me as Rating 1 now, and I got someone else at the other end of the line - though no matter how many probing questions I asked, hinting to get the same result, she just sat there and agreed that "It'd adjust at the next 12 month renewal." Realising she was about as useful as a snooze button on a smoke alarm, I gave up.

But yes, a nifty little trick :)

bill142
4th August 2006, 07:15 PM

Trailer trash tv

btm
7th August 2006, 11:52 AM
bahahahaha :D

so true!

cyclonic
7th August 2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah, always do your homework. I rang around this year and saved $100 off my insurance per year. Not a bad saving.

btm
7th August 2006, 01:21 PM
i saved $56 just by telling my previous insurer that that was no finance against it anymore :)

MatsHolden
7th August 2006, 04:58 PM
Ok well I got another quote, exactly the same details as before, but turned out $100 more expensive than what i'm currently paying.

btm
7th August 2006, 04:59 PM
may have been a bad year for thefts of barina's over the last year?? maybe?? just a thought

CJB
7th August 2006, 05:01 PM
i saved $56 just by telling my previous insurer that that was no finance against it anymore :)

when I told AAMI that it didnt affect mine at all...

and when I insured the Lancer, my premium went up, a lot from the Barina.

MatsHolden
7th August 2006, 05:10 PM
may have been a bad year for thefts of barina's over the last year?? maybe?? just a thought

Hmm yeh possibly, but I only started my policy with them in April, so who knows...

CJB
7th August 2006, 05:14 PM
My Insurance seems to go up every year, even though, I am going DOWN in my ratings.

I dont like that, I dont like that at all :p

btm
7th August 2006, 05:20 PM
My Insurance seems to go up every year, even though, I am going DOWN in my ratings.

I dont like that, I dont like that at all :p
don't like going down? :p

CJB
7th August 2006, 05:22 PM
don't like going down? :p

Um, :rolleyes: no... I have no problem with that :p haha

I dont like that I am going down, so it should be cheaper, but every year, the premiums go up! So whats the point in going down in ratings?