PDA

View Full Version : Opel Badges

E B
1st August 2006, 10:56 PM
Ok i have finally decided to get the ever so talked about Opel badges, where am i going to start?

EL BURITO
1st August 2006, 11:05 PM
well u need a new front gill and a rear badge http://www.lmfvauxhall.com/content/default.aspx or ebay

merlin
2nd August 2006, 08:56 AM
Don't know if anyone else has done it this way but for the front grill badge I bought one off ebay for $10 including postage. The grill and badge was $110 plus postage so I thought too expensive. I then removed the Holden badge off the front grille, and as I expected the euro one would not just slot in to replace it as they are slightly different sizes and plugs dont match up. Also you cant just glue it on as you will see the lion shape behind it.

So what I did was first sand off the plugs on the back of the opel badge then went and bought a small sheet of thin rubber from Clark Rubber ($5) then holding the Opel badge on top of the rubber, traced around it with a Stanley knife. I then used araldite to glue the opel badge to the rubber. I now had a nice opel badge on a black rubber background (which matches the aus grill). Then just superglued this onto the front grill. All up it cost $15 dollars and looks like factory. Apologies if this has been discussed before the search function couldnt find badge stuff.

Oh and still looking for the rear badge...lmf sight dosnt work.