PDA

View Full Version : VXR drive away price.

blueraven
31st July 2006, 11:29 AM
dont know if anyone has a confirmed price yet, but i just did from BRian Gardner Holden in Perth.

$47k drive away.

and they have 3 coming that HAVEnt been pre-ordered.

interesting really..

oneightoo
31st July 2006, 11:37 AM
$47k.... not a bad price i guess.. and yes, interesting..

blueraven
31st July 2006, 01:15 PM
whats more interesting is that they have a red one down there right now on display...

they 1 of each colour coming first week of sept...blue, red, black and silver apparently.

i am currently trying to find out what sort of trade in i would get for my SriT...
anything over 25k and they might sell me ;)

(yeah i know i could get more privately but meh.)

phat-dave
31st July 2006, 01:21 PM
ouch, glad i didnt wait for it... the srit at 36k is sounding even better than ever... not sure i could justify $11k just for the extra power..

btm
31st July 2006, 01:26 PM
not sure i could justify $11k just for the extra power..
its a little more than just 'extra power' :)

blueraven
31st July 2006, 02:03 PM
ouch, glad i didnt wait for it... the srit at 36k is sounding even better than ever... not sure i could justify $11k just for the extra power..

i dont know what the new sri is on the road...but i would imagine the difference is closer to 7k (the HSV is 43k...4k in orc :( )

so for the extra 7k you get the engine, bodykit, wheels...etc.etc blah blah look at all the other threads :D

Wattie
31st July 2006, 02:28 PM
25g Tade for an SRi T is a bit high...

RudeOne
31st July 2006, 02:32 PM
I have a feeling your trade will fetch about 18k to 21k max depending ok km's & condition. (that doesnt include discount on the new car)

Because the market place is being flooded with G-SRIt's (because most of us are upgrading to either a H or VXR) we arent getting as much on trades.

So what you want to say is that you get 21k for your car and 3k discount which 24k technically for your car.

So a 23k change over - i think thats reasonable.

RudeOne
31st July 2006, 02:36 PM
whats more interesting is that they have a red one down there right now on display...

they 1 of each colour coming first week of sept...blue, red, black and silver apparently.

i am currently trying to find out what sort of trade in i would get for my SriT...
anything over 25k and they might sell me ;)

(yeah i know i could get more privately but meh.)

Are you serious?

can you go get photos of the car please????? im interested what the aussie version gets for interior.

HSV hinted full leather instead of half fabric/leather.

Im also keen to know what cdplayer they put in it the cdc30 or cdc40

blueraven
31st July 2006, 02:45 PM
25g Tade for an SRi T is a bit high...

yeh i know... i bought it for 25 an have spent 6k on it in the last 3 months tho....

still under warranty 35kms etc etc....

Shaun
31st July 2006, 03:11 PM
Any "Offical" Word on the HSV Site yet? and doses that Include GST . People need to factor that in if it dosesnt.

Shaun

blueraven
31st July 2006, 03:16 PM
i was told 47k drive away from the HSV sales manager at BGH. if he hasnt got a confirmed price, he is sticking to this one. i asked him it that price would move and he said it wouldnt, of course i wasnt there with cheque in hand tho :D

anyway will be going for a look soon :)

MatsHolden
31st July 2006, 03:59 PM
i dont know what the new sri is on the road...

About $38000 including on-roads.

EL BURITO
31st July 2006, 04:09 PM
I think i maight have to go take a look.

RudeOne
31st July 2006, 05:08 PM
Can you perth guys find out;

Is the one they have on display for sale?

Is it the final hsv product

If the above is yes take photos for me please :)

I dont understand how they have on display when they arent expected to land until end of the month... unless its the journo car for testing???

Shaun
31st July 2006, 05:27 PM
I have a feeling they would be in the country and HSV are saying there not.

Ill try to find out when they Left the Factory in Europe from some of my contacts that have contacts...

Shaun

RudeOne
31st July 2006, 05:33 PM
True - well thats crap i have paid a deposit on mine, i want it now now now hahahahah

when i first enquired about them on 25/6 i was told they just started to build them.

Shaun
31st July 2006, 05:40 PM
True - well thats crap i have paid a deposit on mine, i want it now now now hahahahah

when i first enquired about them on 25/6 i was told they just started to build them.
In Build ... pfft.. They have been in Build since end of November 2005. 1st Deliverys of VXR Astra's were made a week before Christmas in the UK. Im under the Impression that it takes up to 6 months by sea for them to Hit Australia. So if they are to Arrive Soon the would have left back in arround Feburary.

RudeOne
31st July 2006, 05:44 PM
I just rang them, they have the display car on loan from HSV, not for sale only display

they just told me there is still a 2month wait on the VXR if you order one, a little different then what im hearing from the brisi dealers.

He confirmed its the final product, with half leather half fabric, and its got the six stack which i think is the cdc40 - which is the same as what the hsv site says.

blueraven
31st July 2006, 06:29 PM
it only takes 8 weeks from london on a ship mate :) i know, i have done it...... never again!!

Shaun
31st July 2006, 06:50 PM
it only takes 8 weeks from london on a ship mate :) i know, i have done it...... never again!!
Depends on what your shipping . Daimler Chrysler take up to 3 months on Sea Freight from Germany .

Cargo on ships is classifed and is if it has a low classification then it is it can be left in a port for the next ship.

I doubt that the VXR would take 6 months but they can take up to Six Months to arrive.

mr_sikma
31st July 2006, 08:27 PM
I just rang them, they have the display car on loan from HSV, not for sale only display

they just told me there is still a 2month wait on the VXR if you order one, a little different then what im hearing from the brisi dealers.

He confirmed its the final product, with half leather half fabric, and its got the six stack which i think is the cdc40 - which is the same as what the hsv site says.

so you put a deposit down on a car that you kind of know nothing about!?!

blueraven
31st July 2006, 08:29 PM
just went and saw it....

nice ;) :)

phat-dave
31st July 2006, 08:41 PM
i wonder if you'll be able to buy the chrome circle things around the fog lights... hope they do and it'll fit the sri... would finish off the bodykit perfectly!

EL BURITO
31st July 2006, 09:00 PM
i wonder if you'll be able to buy the chrome circle things around the fog lights... hope they do and it'll fit the sri... would finish off the bodykit perfectly!
Might be part of the the lights themself even if not it will be a good 6 mths till u wil be able to get the parts given if how hard it was to try and order a Tigra part ealyer this year

eld0ra
31st July 2006, 09:18 PM
Im under the Impression that it takes up to 6 months by sea for them to Hit Australia.

Shaun, I bought my car last year in september and it was built in june. So it must only take about 8 weeks. Apparently my car was one of the first cars from the mark2 batch which came straight off the boat when i bought it.. I was originally going to get the astra with the woodgrain trim which i didn't like at all.. but they said they got another shipment in with the silver trimming which was including in the new mark2 astras and so i had to wait a month or so for them to deliver it to the dealer.

ROCCO
31st July 2006, 10:10 PM
Here is a curly one for you guys....do you think the HSV VXR engine or the AH SRI T engine would be a straight swap for a 5 door? hehe thoughts running mad would be a nice sleeper....5 door hatch witha turbo

mark_hamilton
31st July 2006, 10:12 PM
in the uk, its £22 GBP , but apparantly there are in high demand now....unsure if the truth to that one....

Shaun
31st July 2006, 10:19 PM
just went and saw it....

nice ;) :)
Any more pics ?
Same car that was @ the sydney Motorshow it looks like. Hey also dose the Steering wheel have a Vauxhall Badge or HSV Badge. One in Motor Article had a Vauxhall Badge if you look closely.

Shaun
31st July 2006, 10:20 PM
Shaun, I bought my car last year in september and it was built in june. So it must only take about 8 weeks. Apparently my car was one of the first cars from the mark2 batch which came straight off the boat when i bought it.. I was originally going to get the astra with the woodgrain trim which i didn't like at all.. but they said they got another shipment in with the silver trimming which was including in the new mark2 astras and so i had to wait a month or so for them to deliver it to the dealer.
Was it built or compianced in June ?

EL BURITO
31st July 2006, 10:22 PM
well u can get a 5 door turbo in the UK.

mark_hamilton
31st July 2006, 10:25 PM
well u can get a 5 door turbo in the UK.

tell me about it lol

2.8T capable of doing 161mph.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/broadband/mediaplayer/players/bbc2?redirect=console.shtml&package=4588040&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

watch that show of top gear..jeremy clarkson is racing the VXR vectra

blueraven
31st July 2006, 11:16 PM
Any more pics ?
Same car that was @ the sydney Motorshow it looks like. Hey also dose the Steering wheel have a Vauxhall Badge or HSV Badge. One in Motor Article had a Vauxhall Badge if you look closely.

plenty more pics but this damn forum only aloows 100kb of upload...:(

EL BURITO
31st July 2006, 11:17 PM
www.photobucket.com

mark_hamilton
31st July 2006, 11:26 PM
talking of photo bucket, i went to the british motor show in london yesterday,

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/

theres all my pics of it, ignore the 'weird' ones in there tho lol

but here are some pics of the VXR range

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00354.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00348.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00345.jpg
zafira VXR
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00049.jpg
monaro vxr
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00046.jpg
vectra vxr
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00044.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00043.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00042.jpg
mariva vxr
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00041.jpg
astra twintop
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/mark_hamilton/DSC00029.jpg

Shaun
1st August 2006, 12:21 AM
plenty more pics but this damn forum only aloows 100kb of upload...:(
Host them else where then post the links.

I cant wait to see an Arden Blue VXR sitting in a show room of a HSV Dealer. Ill be down there taking plenty of pics. Then when i place my order and pick mine up ill take heaps again...

Shaun

oneightoo
1st August 2006, 07:26 AM
ooohhh i want a vectra vxr now..

Red AH SRI T
1st August 2006, 07:51 AM

Its actual called the AH6 Astra or it could have been introduced in Ah5.5, not quiet sure.

Very First batches of AH's to Australia where AH4's (2004) then AH5's (2005) then AH5.5(half way through 2005), then AH6(end of 2005), now we are AH6.5(about april 06, deletetion of CDXi) and in November will come AH7(with introduction of the 2.2 SRi).

btm
1st August 2006, 08:25 AM
the vectra vxr is so freaking HOT!!!

Shaun
1st August 2006, 09:04 AM
Bryan you should see the Top Gear test with the VXR Vectra i have a copy of.

They say its quicker then a Mercedes Benz AMG in over all top speed.

RudeOne
1st August 2006, 09:06 AM
so you put a deposit down on a car that you kind of know nothing about!?!

So have 200 other people!

I know what the AH SriT is like, and thats enough for me to make a choice on the VXR.

The details i was asking about are only finishing touches that hsv have said they may change for the aussie market.

blueraven
1st August 2006, 10:40 AM
200 other people?

i dunno about all these rumours that "they are all sold" and that "HSV have take 100's of orders.."... The hsv dealer i spoke too sounded just as frustrated as the rest of us saying no-one will put a deposit down or place an order until pricing and specification are fixed. Which makes sense really.

Brian gardner Holden ordered 4 on their own account, and only the red one has been reserved. Blue/black & silver still up for grabs and have been for more than a month. like i said, my hsv rep said he was pissed that they kept delaying the release and havent fixed pricing & spec yet, and that many people who would have happily bought one have since stopped waiting and bought xr5's/mps etc etc...

imagine if the vxr came out same time here as it did in the uk (or even when it was firt mean too!) xr5 would have barely got a mention, and the mps sales would be even worse than they are...holden has made a mistake, not one that will cost them all that much, but still..

rjastra
1st August 2006, 01:14 PM
I have a strange feeling that only the Golf GTi is selling well.

Been to a couple of Holden dealers (suttons) and they all have SriTs in the showroom weeks after it release. Thought they were running out the doors? Maybe black is not popular?

Went to one Ford dealer and there was a XR5 there for sale. Thought there was supposed to be a 3 month wait? Mazda dealer next door had a MPS3 available and a squillion MX5s.

EL BURITO
1st August 2006, 04:52 PM
there is a Silver and a orange XR5 and up my way saw em both in the same day seen a few golf Gti but havnt seen a H SRI on the road yet

R3N
1st August 2006, 05:46 PM
there is a Silver and a orange XR5 and up my way saw em both in the same day seen a few golf Gti but havnt seen a H SRI on the road yet

Saw a black AH SRiT in the city a few weeks ago but was Vic registered.

Haven't seen Jai on the road yet!!!!

mark_hamilton
1st August 2006, 08:25 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/broadband/mediaplayer/players/bbc2?redirect=console.shtml&package=4588040&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

thats the link to it i think.....but yer it is a very quick car, if i remember right, its one of the fastest family cars there is! (because its not limited)

R3N
1st August 2006, 11:14 PM

except for the little problem of understeer...

Shaun
2nd August 2006, 09:58 AM
If you drive it with t/c off and keep your foot flat while turning . you will get that with any FWD car.

Clarkson like to show the worst side of Vauxhall.
But ive seen footage of the car on the track and have met people when i was in the UK that actually attended a Vauxhall VXR Track Test Drive Day and they said the VXR Vectra handles rather well.

I missed the Vauxhall Track Test Day by 3 days other wise i would have gone to it while i was there. Cost was 60 pound.

pred8r
2nd August 2006, 09:08 PM

funny that.

Kind of like people who wont buy a car because its too powerful.

All I say to them is 'If you didn't push it, you'd wouldn't even know'.

eld0ra
2nd August 2006, 09:10 PM
Was it built or compianced in June ?

it was built...

Oz
5th August 2006, 05:50 PM
Damn Holden for taking the Vectra away.

As for Top Gears drive of the Veccy VXR, take it with a grain of salt. The Stig is 'advised' how he should drive certain cars to show their failings. If he had driven it tha same as the others, especially the Mondeo things would have been different. You may have noticed how Top Gear is a little Ford biased, especially Jeremy Clarkson. He drives one (GT), loves the Astons etc, etc,etc.

MatsHolden
5th August 2006, 06:29 PM
Top Gear is a little Ford biased, especially Jeremy Clarkson. He drives one (GT), loves the Astons etc, etc,etc.

Although he does love the Monaro...;) But yeh he is still a tool.