PDA

View Full Version : My deleted post

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 12:59 PM
Dear Mods,
I am a bit bewilded as to why my post of yesterday was so promptly deleted.
Did I abuse - NO, did I flame - NO. I was simply inviting you guy's into a debate (WRX V's Astra Turbo) which we have been having on our site for some time. Obviously, being a WRX site we are being very biased and would have enjoyed hearing views from more Astra drivers.
We get a couple of the Astra blokes pop in and have a dig which we enjoy. The rivalry is healthy. Shit, it would be a boring world if we all drove the same car and liked the same things.
In closing, grow up fellas and get over your little inferiority complex :lol:

BarneyG
6th May 2004, 01:12 PM
Jeepers Bugeye :shock: Lay off the angry juice :!:

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 01:20 PM
Jeepers Bugeye :shock: Lay off the angry juice :!:
Didn't think that was angry dude???
Again, misinterpreted :)

OPL-20T
6th May 2004, 01:35 PM
well i think the WRX guy are cut that their car didnt win the prize and the Atra SRi-T won and beat the M3 and HSV's and their all cut now that we are driving the car that i think MOTOR said was best at that time of production...
Lets face it if the WRX was not 4x4 it would be nothing, and as for the SRi-T well the fact that its a FWD and and it handles verry well for what it is and for what u get for the $$$ you pay for it, its one damn great car, expecially once it boosted/AmD injected :D.... what u WRX guys have to understand is that the SRi-T mods are just new to australia and the wrx mods have been around form the early 90z even in the rx turboz so give us a year or so and we'll be doing times in the 13z just like the wrx are doing as well... at the moment our cars are good enought for extreamly low low 14z and even maybe a gigh 13 on a perfect run. but then again lets just wait and see what happens once the auzzie turner's get their act together and maybe then we can have a better debate about WRX Vs SRi-T...
both are great cars in their own right and in their own category.. but i cant see an WRX beating a MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION and as an example look at the price in the WRX and the EVO, for the same price i can buy a ford falcon second hand and a rexy too, but an evo u can buy 2 WRX as the EVO holds the value more.. and by the way their is only 600 SRi-T bound for austalia so even the astra will be worth more then the WRX after 5 yrs... SRi-T is the best small car going around by a long shot... WRX is in a diff category and theirfor its hard to compare.... better of u compair the WRX to the EVO champ :mrgreen:

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 01:56 PM
OPL-20L, nice one mate. Good points. Now to dissect :)
We are not at all cut that the Astra won PCOTY. Think back to how many awards the mighty rex has won in it's time. About time something else was at least comparable.
If the WRX was not an AWD car it would be, well, a 200SX S15 :D
Poit taken reagrding the modding potential of the Astra. We are very fortunate to have a plethora of aftermarket parts/tuners. This is due to a supply/demand situation. There will not be the demand for aftermarket parts for the Astra as there is for the WRX so I seriously doubt you will ever get a huge amount of go fast bits for your cars.
Mate, 13's are a good run. But for a WRX a 13 is not far from stock. The fastest WRX in the world (which is actually an Australian car) is running low 8's.
The WRX V's EVO VIII is a no go. Maybe an STI v's EVO VIII yes. Let's face it though, the EVO we are going to see will be very watered down version of the Jap Spec model.
Comparing a standard wrx to an EVO is like comparing a wrx to an Astra :D
Now see mods, this is called healthy debating. Really don't see the crime in this sort of discussion.

anicorsa
6th May 2004, 02:05 PM
I dont think there will ever be as many aftermarket parts for the Astra, as there are for the WRX. Being a Jap car, the list of parts is just endless. That and the SRiT isnt as common as the Rex.

Jass
6th May 2004, 02:18 PM
I agree. I love the rex always have, reckon there an awsome package for what they are worth, but the problem is that every tom dick and harry has one. Hence they dont hold there value as much.

If the Astra came in 4x4 it would be a weapon. Some good points are raised about mods on the astra. The car hasn't even been out for a year as yet, and the ozzie turners are still learning how to get the most juice from this cars.

I didn't read the last post so iam not sure why it was deleted.

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah your right fellas, the rex is becoming very common - for obvious reasons.

Jass - I have no idea why it was deleted either dude. Waiting to hear form a mod.

Jass
6th May 2004, 02:26 PM
dont worry man, moderators here are pretty cool, we dont mind having peeps that drive cars either then opel's, we had a cruise last week, and a few clio sports rocked up, very nice ppl. The only thing we dont stand here are ppl who come in and start abusing other members, but you seem to be pretty down to earth.

welcome to the site :mrgreen:

dazza015
6th May 2004, 02:28 PM
(Heats up argument.... :lol: )

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/224000-224999/224830_4_full.jpg

N/A (NO TURBO)

Astra Extreme
-329kw
-530nm of Torque
-0-100 3.8sec
-Power to weight ratio 295kw per tonne
-Road Car
-Runs on 20 inch Wheels

(Stirs :D )

Have to compare standard cars really, once you add money (Virtually unlimited in some cases!) anything is possible, as above (0-100 3.8sec!), same as rex running 8 sec quarters....Yellow evo 3 running 9 sec. Hell if I threw a crapload of money at my Corsa im sure i could get it to run 8's!

Compare a Standard 04 Sti with its Turbo lag problems to a standard SRiT as some Motor magazines have & guess which one came out on top..

(By the way I like WRX'S, Astra's ,Evo's & Turbo XR6's!!!!)

Jass
6th May 2004, 02:30 PM
Gosh wish they sold the astra OPC extremes :(

they are such a cool car, do they actually sell them in the UK for normal road use??
Even getting my hands on a VX220 turbo would be awsome, such a sexy little car.

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 02:37 PM
Jass - thanks bro. We have one of your members (astro boy) who pops in and gives us a bit of a stir. We like having him around - he keeps us on our toes :D Hey Priya!
dazza015 - that's a weapon man. You right on the money, to compare apples with apples must be in stock form.
I guess I was a little pissed when the mods deleted my post as we are all like minded petrol heads, and, regardless of what our favoured brand is we should be able to have an open discussion/debate about our rides. I didn't come hear to abuse/flame people, a bit of a stir yes, but can't see the crime in that.
STI lag problem isn't as bad as the media would have you believe. Easy solution - keep it revving hard and lag is virtually non-existant :wink:
Unfortunately I don't drive and STI, just a standard rex. Actually, I don't even drive that at the moment since the plod thought it may be time for me to take a little break from driving :cry:

sammy_da_hamster
6th May 2004, 02:54 PM
bit of a rev head are we bugeye :P

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 03:01 PM
bit of a rev head are we bugeye :P
No mate, just unfairly done by :wink:
Don't know where you guy's are all from but here in VIC it's getting out of bloody control with this zero tolerance on speeding. My last 3 fines where like 3km/h over, 6 km/h over and 7 km/h over - what a joke!!!
Oh well, my bad so live with it I guess. Just really hard looking at the rex in the garage collecting dust for 3 months.
My GF can't drive manual so can't even get my fix with her driving (which may be a good thing).
Luckily I have a fair few rex driving mates to give me that boooooost fix - just wish I was the driver - not passenger :roll:

sammy_da_hamster
6th May 2004, 03:07 PM
oic :D

mr_astra_retired
6th May 2004, 03:14 PM
Bugeye ,

your post was deleted because of some material , i didnt delete it , neither did i see it , but it obviously was removed for a reason.
Where was your post , in this section?

My mate has a 01 bugeye and its a top car , we have arguments all the time on whos is quicker and better and such , its good healthy competition.
Are you in Sydney?

Steven

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 03:18 PM
Steven, thanks for the reply. Yes mate it was in this section.
My bugeye is an 02 and yes I love it. Great little car. Mines pretty stock apart from lowered, filter and some other bits and pieces.
I'm in Melbourne actually - most liveable city in the world :D

mr_astra_retired
6th May 2004, 03:22 PM

Now the debate really heats up LOL , another mexican , hehe , sorry mate but Sydney is the place to be .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 03:25 PM

sorry mate but Sydney is the place to be .

If you want to be carjacked :D
BTW, why does my profile say that my age is 34. I'm only 27 :oops:

Jass
6th May 2004, 03:29 PM
I gotta agree with Mr_Astra Bugeye, we have a long issues with this mexican's hahahaha

That sucks hearing about u getting done by only a few km's cops suck!
I got my car defected by the coppers pulling out of my driveway so beat that.
Oh well what can u do, you can't win againts them unfortunatly!

sammy_da_hamster
6th May 2004, 03:41 PM

Now the debate really heats up LOL , another mexican , hehe , sorry mate but Sydney is the place to be .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sydney is where the 'mexicants' live :P

BUGEYE
6th May 2004, 03:42 PM
I got my car defected by the coppers pulling out of my driveway so beat that.

That's rough man! What for may I ask?

Turblue
6th May 2004, 04:29 PM
Ok.....

So you all know. I moved the thread into admin. The reason was the direction it was headed. A 'new' member had taken it upon himself to start badly by posting he hated astras etc. This post was deleted. This is not what we are here for. He then started on your thread BUGEYE, and continued there.

I made a judgement call. I was not prepared to let a thread turn into a bunfight, incited by someone (NOT BUGEYE) that seemed to me to be there just to stir.

The poll seems to indicate that people want site staff to be pro-active. Ok.. so I was. Apart from that, people would be surprized at the number of PM's and emails that fly around complaining that someone said this and did that. Please delete or moderate "blah blah", he's a b#####ed..!!!

Again I say, this site in NOT about censorship. It IS about being sensible and smart about what you post.

BUGEYE, I am sorry that you felt it was harsh. Please see it from my perspective. We are trying to create a forum that is respectful, sensible, smart and at times silly. Not abusive and troublesome.

OPL-20T
6th May 2004, 04:43 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh another mexicano man thats not good we are getting out numbered day by day :(....

ohh abd Sydney is the place to be, exept on the first weekend of march when the F1 cars hit the streets of melbourne .. now that rocks...

the Astra Xtream i think is built in germany but i could be wrong and its a V8 umm maybe a 4.2L or a 4.8L cost abit over 2million to buy an donly about 50 cars were going to be built... i t hink the reason for this was something to do with racing in other forms in europe..

do i have enough opel $$$ to buy this car now???????

Jass
6th May 2004, 05:43 PM
Bugeye, basically he got me cause my exhaust was too loud, then checked the rest of the car he basically F@$#c me sideways.

700 bucks worth of fines.

frankie9fingers
6th May 2004, 05:45 PM
We mexicans have plenty numbers on the site, but when it comes to cruise days....BAM :!: where did everyone go :?: :?

Oh and sorry Bugeye for the delete, again, you start a post with no ill intentions, then some @rse has to go and turn it into slop. Don't worry, as you know we're trying to be fair and pre-emptive on "flame issues"

oh finally MELBOURNE RULES MAN!!! :P

Anonymous
6th May 2004, 07:38 PM
i generally think that wrx's make inferior drivers feel they are MUCH better than they actually are......i also think that better drivers will be more rewarded in an Astra Turbo. WRX's are dumb proof.
E.G who saw the WRX who smashed through the Botanical Gardens cause he lost control, HOW DO YOU MOW DOWN THE BOTANICAL GARDENS!!! :lol:

i happily munch wrx's in my calibra turbo.....

astra_city
6th May 2004, 08:36 PM
Bugeye - good to see a Rex driver here 8) Nothing like a good debate!
But firstly, I must say that I love both Rex's and Astra's....I own an Astra (not turbo unfortunately :( ) and my dad used to own a lightly modded '02 STi that was a farken beast!! So i'll just make some general points for the Astra..since I own one and we no longer have the STi :P

VALUE: Astra Turbo's are going for around $34-35k driveway now...compared to a Rex which is about $44k driveway?? (educated guess). Astra gets you full leather...better build quality (German engineering!! :D ) ESP, and a better looking car in my opinion. However it doesn't have AWD, but hey, can't have everything!

Performance: Yes, on paper, a Rex will spank an Astra T...but firstly remember the $9k approx price difference and then do some performance runs on a Rex without sending the clutch home from 6k rpm. In gear times would be much closer than on paper figures would suggest - Astra T has around 15kw less and about 100kg less weight. Also don't forget the torque monster that is the Z20LET :D

Anyway that's it from me for now...back to my study

agent69
7th May 2004, 08:08 AM
i generally think that wrx's make inferior drivers feel they are MUCH better than they actually are......i also think that better drivers will be more rewarded in an Astra Turbo. WRX's are dumb proof.......

I have to say that a WRX is not really a dumb proof. Doing a wrong foot work you'll end up with a blank. :oops: That makes them fun to drive.

agent69
7th May 2004, 08:13 AM
astra_city, all you need in a rex is 3500rpm to get her going real quick. 8)

BUGEYE
7th May 2004, 08:16 AM
Turblue - thanks for the reply bro. Fully understand now, I didn't actually realise some knob got into my post and started trouble. You don't need this.
Jass - that's tough man. They can be real pricks when they want to. The plod are really starting to give Melbourne a bit of a hammering with the canarys at the moment. One notorious spot in Melbourne (Chapel St) for cruisers etc has been copping an absolute hammering at the moment. If you drive ANY type of performance car it is best to steer clear of there at the moment unless you want to go home with a little yellow sticker on your car.
Frankie - Another Mexican dude - NICE ONE BRUVVA (hope someone has seen Human Traffic). I saw your photos about your weekend down at Apollo Bay. I get down that way a fair bit being an avid surfer. Actually going down to Wye River next weekend - it's going to be tough though. Have to leave the rex at home :cry:
Phatboy - I agree to some extent. You get the young guy's driving WRX's thingking they are invinsible (I like to call them the hat on backwards brigade) cause they have AWD etc etc. They do hang onto the road like a tram but when you come unstuck in a rex you know about it. You in Melbourne? Maybe I can give that Calibra a lesson for you one day :D

OPL-20T
7th May 2004, 09:54 AM
hmmm i smell a race.... if only both were in the same state :(....

Rhino
7th May 2004, 10:35 AM
WRX vs my SRiT. Definitely no problem. I've kept up with some STiS too.

But...

Since I had my battery replaced, engine management is cracking the sh1ts and the car just isn't performing :( Reckon I'd get hassled by a civic at the moment.

Had a drive of my mates MY04 WRX Evo 6(?). Very nice! I don't rate WRXs very highly anymore due to their Excel type of numbers on the road - but Subaru have done FANTASTIC things with the new Evo. Very smooth and responsive and the ride is MUCH better, not like sitting on a skateboard. They have improved compression also for increased torque and it sh@ all over me in a red light drag - and it is still stock. :shock:

Possibly against public opinion, subaru did start to fade from view, but I hate to say, they are back! Lets hope Astra mods also increase... unfortunately, the clutch and gb are a problem in the SRiT otherwise, strap a MoTech M400 with DBW and you will put 280 hp to the wheels without much problem.

I'm sure there's a few of you with me on this... I love pulling up next to a Rex, dropping it into second cog and standing on the 'loud' pedal. Then at best, they keep up. Rolling starts are the SRiT's best friend.

BUGEYE
7th May 2004, 11:46 AM
Rhino - stock v's stock, a standard WRX should be able to take an SRit without too many problems. This will depend on a couple of factors - driver ability and launching technique being the main one's. Launching a WRX is a fine art to get right. Being AWD you can't just drop the clutch and bang the right pedal - it will simply just bog down and you look like a bit of a tossa. It is a matter of slipping the clutch so you are not putting too much pressure on the drivetrain. I have brutalised my clutch trying to get this right - which I now have 8)
There is a huge difference between slipping and riding a clutch - one will give you one hell of a suck back into your seat kinda feeling and the other will create a lovely burning smell :wink:
Well at least our cars have one main thing in common - weak gearboxes and clutches. WRX's have been renowned for these things being the weak link. It isn't as bad with the new generation WRX's (2001 ->) but they still are a bit iffy.
Yeah the evo's are not to bad - my mate has an evo7. Mechanically no difference to a standard rex but with a sunroof, leather, chrome door handles and the ricey evo stickers on the side. Personally, I don't buy a sports car to sit in leather - defeats the purpose when you have the lovely wrap around MOMO's but slip and slide cause there leather :?

Degen-Astra
7th May 2004, 12:39 PM
The plod are really starting to give Melbourne a bit of a hammering with the canarys at the moment. One notorious spot in Melbourne (Chapel St) for cruisers etc has been copping an absolute hammering at the moment. If you drive ANY type of performance car it is best to steer clear of there at the moment unless you want to go home with a little yellow sticker on your car.

Yeah...they have been doing this at St Kilda as well along the beachfront roads and Fitzroy Street here. The blitz apparently finishes late May according to the police. Basically its to stop people comming so often and clogging up the streets and loud noise (exhausts, stereo, burnouts, etc) due to huge resident and trader complaints to the local councils and police. It will taiper out for a few months and come back to its full workings.

Rhino
7th May 2004, 12:40 PM
That's true, not too many stock here though... And to be honest, while I rate the SRiT AFTER I have done work to it, I would be far from confident lining up a WRX in stock form. I had a Civic give me some grief b4 I got the work done?!

My mate's must be a 7 then - two months old. Agreed, it is disappointing that the leather seats don't have the support of the regular REX seats have - need more bolster. I think a huge let down is the stereo as well. Very average. Go the Blaupunkt!!! I simply cannot deal with a poor sound system. Musik is my life.

Can you tell me what a dog box is and how it works? Something to do with making flat-shifting easier/possible/less damaging in a REX?

Turblue
7th May 2004, 12:57 PM
Dog boxes (I think) have gears that are cut differently that the standard boxes.

Nem
7th May 2004, 01:49 PM
stock v's stock, a standard WRX should be able to take an SRit without too many problems

Yeah stock v/s stock?? There's still a $5k difference in price tag.

BUGEYE
7th May 2004, 01:56 PM
Rhino - a dogbox are transmissions that have straight cut gears rather than helical cut like ours. They are noiser but stronger cause of the way the gears are cut. Generally they do not have syncros but they can have. Some people put straight cut 1st and/or 2nd gears into standard boxs.

They are expensive and are a bastard on the road as you need to double clutch through the gears.

BUGEYE
7th May 2004, 01:58 PM
[quote]

Yeah stock v/s stock?? There's still a $5k difference in price tag.
Point taken. BUT, you put $5K into your SRiT and then you will have traction issues off the line and probably still struggle to run a rex :wink:

sparksy
7th May 2004, 02:09 PM
I can flogg the arse off a rex with my Barina SRi and it wouldnt take more than a few bucks for a crow bar and a sledge hammer....

BUGEYE
7th May 2004, 02:18 PM
I can flogg the arse off a rex with my Barina SRi and it wouldnt take more than a few bucks for a crow bar and a sledge hammer....
Dude, your in Melbourne and you barrick for Brisbane. WTF is a matter with you??? And don't give me the "I used to be a Fitzroy supporter" excuse buddy!
Guess that explains your above post :wink:

Degen-Astra
7th May 2004, 03:04 PM
"Trouble is headed this way Zoro...can you save us?!?!" :wink:

Anonymous
7th May 2004, 04:24 PM
Dude, your in Melbourne and you barrick for Brisbane. WTF is a matter with you??? And don't give me the "I used to be a Fitzroy supporter" excuse buddy!

Glad You Said it and not Me Bugeye ;)

I had a Dog Box in my Gemini(Turbo 350), Straight Cut Gears only make a Noise if ya not used to Rough Transmissions.
I also had a Top Loader and that was Nicer than Stock to Drive, Helicals Bind up after dropping Burnouts @ 7000rpm with a Wild 351. My Gearbox Builder Says, Use Better Bearings and Heat Treat The Main Shafts and a REX Box will take Almost Anything.

Anonymous
7th May 2004, 04:44 PM
Maybe I can give that Calibra a lesson for you one day :D

yep....im in melb.
sounds good. race ya for slips :roll:

frankie9fingers
7th May 2004, 06:31 PM
Oh can i be grid girl? i look sexy in a bikini :wink:
but i must warn you, i've never had my bikini line waxed.

anyway, back to the subject............

Dregger
7th May 2004, 06:39 PM
I supports Turblues decision, and i agree with what he said. We recently had an incident which resulted in members getting hurt. and everyone else has asked us to do be harsher....so we are merely acting upon this.

Good work Turblue.

Anonymous
7th May 2004, 06:46 PM
"Trouble is headed this way Zoro...can you save us?!?!" :wink:
"HI HO SILVER... AWAYYYY!!!!!!"

Here at Opelaus, we love to have a debate, just like whats going on here, but if some f**kwit stirs trouble and starts slagging, that sh!t is not tolerated. Like Wayne (Turblue) said, "We are trying to create a forum that is respectful, sensible, smart and at times silly. Not abusive and troublesome."

Personally as a mod, i do let some stuff slide, because its all in good fun, but as i said, if trouble starts, us mods are simple taking action for the best interest of the club and its users.

The WRX is a great car, and so is the SRiT, however both were designed for different purposes, however with mods, ANY car will go fast.

Btw, its good to see another Mexican gracing our sites. Good to have you hear dude, and hope you enjoy your stay.

sparksy
7th May 2004, 08:58 PM
your in Melbourne and you barrick for Brisbane. WTF is a matter with you??? And don't give me the "I used to be a Fitzroy supporter" excuse buddy!

No, none of that used to be a Fitzroy supporter...

I grew up in Brisbane. Lived there for 24 years. I actually had never watched a game of AFL until I joined the army and had to live in Albury in 95 and 96. It was the only bloody thing on TV, so I went for the Bears, and have done ever since. Now I find myself posted south of the border again.

Who would have thought that a Brisbane based team would hold the flag for 3 years in a row?

TheGuest
8th May 2004, 09:44 AM
your in Melbourne and you barrick for Brisbane. WTF is a matter with you??? And don't give me the "I used to be a Fitzroy supporter" excuse buddy!

No, none of that used to be a Fitzroy supporter...

I grew up in Brisbane. Lived there for 24 years. I actually had never watched a game of AFL until I joined the army and had to live in Albury in 95 and 96. It was the only bloody thing on TV, so I went for the Bears, and have done ever since. Now I find myself posted south of the border again.

Who would have thought that a Brisbane based team would hold the flag for 3 years in a row?

HaHaHa Rolled.

Nice one sparksy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: