PDA

View Full Version : Twin cannons?

jamesbrown
28th July 2006, 08:16 PM
On the Astra G CD 1.8, Will having a twin cannon exhaust lose any power and torque? Not meaning that my exhaust system splitting into a dual exhaust on each side. Having the one exhaust but at the end splitting it into 2 so theres twin cannons?:confused:

MatsHolden
28th July 2006, 08:58 PM
A single exhaust system with two cannon mufflers at the rear won't affect the power or torque, but there isn't really any point putting two on. If you're going to put a cannon on, you may as well just put a straight through pipe(no muffler).

Diabolical
28th July 2006, 09:32 PM
Not to totally take the thread off course, but really what is the appeal of cannons? I find it hilarious when I see them on little cars (eg saw one on a Daihatsu Sirion once, it looked bigger than it's wheels).

stevedee3
28th July 2006, 10:37 PM
On the Astra G CD 1.8, Will having a twin cannon exhaust lose any power and torque? Not meaning that my exhaust system splitting into a dual exhaust on each side. Having the one exhaust but at the end splitting it into 2 so theres twin cannons?:confused:
The Vectra C CDXi exhaust is like that. Holden quote the same power and torque figures for the single and twin exhaust V6, so I guess it shouldn't have any negative effect if done properly.

low astra
29th July 2006, 12:36 AM
A single exhaust system with two cannon mufflers at the rear won't affect the power or torque, but there isn't really any point putting two on. If you're going to put a cannon on, you may as well just put a straight through pipe(no muffler).

they are a muffler mate and there acuatly verry effective if you pick the right one for the car,

try a few find the one you like, all i had on my astra was a cannon and a resinator and it wasn't overly loud, got through quite a few road side inspections, but thats another story

oneightoo
29th July 2006, 01:50 AM
two words.....

dont do it ;)

Gildo
29th July 2006, 01:53 PM
is that 3 words :D ....but yeh i agree....dont do it

1OPL2C
29th July 2006, 02:28 PM
i'v got a pee shooter canon, doesnt look as good as twin tips, so i recon twin canons would be even worst.

EL BURITO
29th July 2006, 03:15 PM
Please no ......

Opelise
29th July 2006, 04:29 PM
I've got twin tips on my SRi running down either side. It's louder than I really wanted but I really like the look and I haven't noticed any loss of power at all.

EL BURITO
29th July 2006, 05:19 PM
big Difference between twin tips Vs a twin Cannon

Opelise
29th July 2006, 05:20 PM
True. One looks great and one doesn't :D

PaulyJ
30th July 2006, 03:35 PM
If someone has an Astra with a cannon muffler and a photo of the back of it, please post it up and i'll photoshop the muffler on the other side for comparisons.

Personally I dont think it'll suit the Astra, but whatever tickles your fancy I guess. At the end of the day, its your car, and if you're happy with it, thats all that matters.

Ginge
30th July 2006, 08:44 PM
a guy i meet a few yrs ago had twin cannons on his 3door. look sweet coming out the back of the HBD lip. so i say go for it if u like. never be on my car tho. arent they more for turbo cars or something