PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 V6 Vectra

birdie
26th July 2006, 11:44 AM
Hi, I'm new here... I'm doing some research on the 3.2L V6 Vectra (ZC).

Basically I'm trying to find a new car, and what i want is a medium sized car with decent performance (if not 14sec or so 400m standard, then a strong enough motor to handle boost from a supercharger (off a mate who builds superchargers (Raptor Superchargers (http://www.raptorsc.com.au))))

So what I'm asking you guys is:
How quick are the manual 3.2L V6 ZC Vectra's standard?
Also how strong is the motor? Can it handle a reasonable ammount of boost?

stevedee3
26th July 2006, 12:08 PM
They'll do 0-100 km/h in around 7.5 s. Not sure on 0-400 m or how "boostable" it is...

oneightoo
26th July 2006, 12:51 PM
how much are these superchargers?

InsaneAsylum
26th July 2006, 01:13 PM
quarter mile is quoted at 15.9 seconds on paper, but yet again there would be variations to this.

compression ratio is 10:1. your mate who builds the superchargers should know the answer to this, but it's a case of "how long is a piece of string". an engine wont last long if it's detonating (pinging) so part of it's boost handling ability is determined by how we'll it has been tuned.

i think you're mate is wanted on here..... we want to see supercharger kits for astras, vectras, barinas and calibras. both 4 and 6 cyl.

depending on the price, of course.

supercharge this!
http://www.xs4all.nl/~terrible/opelkn01-full.jpg

lowey22
26th July 2006, 01:18 PM
i think you're mate is wanted on here..... we want to see supercharger kits for astras, vectras, barinas and calibras. both 4 and 6 cyl.

yeah, an enquiry was made a year ago about kits for the Astra, like they have for lancers etc (about $5000 from memory). Apparantly they had a look at an Astra and said that it wasn't possible or something, not for that price anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

InsaneAsylum
26th July 2006, 01:20 PM
opel owners are a much better target market, we aren't spending all our mod money on evo bodykits, chrome rims and neons.haha i'd love one but within reason, i am saving my pennies for bigger and better things

xplosv57
26th July 2006, 07:40 PM
Apparantly they had a look at an Astra and said that it wasn't possible or something, not for that price anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Hmmm S/C Astra, don't see how it couldn't be done, a setup similar to a Mini Cooper S should be achieveable, im gonna get a hold of a supercharger do some research on this!

On the Vectra 3.2L V6, the Calibre Astra was a supercharged 3.2 V6 but they spent ridiculous amounts on that motor (as well as on the rest of the car!)

stevedee3
26th July 2006, 10:17 PM
quarter mile is quoted at 15.9 seconds on paper, but yet again there would be variations to this.I was trying to find quarter mile times for a V6 Vectra C a while ago, without success. Where did you find this figure please InsaneAsylum?

InsaneAsylum
27th July 2006, 08:48 AM
wheels magazine sometime in 2005. figures were for a 3.2 V6 auto, so i assume a manual would be slightly better

Wattie
27th July 2006, 09:25 AM
may i suggest finding some info from courtney sport in the UK, they know more than we do.
there isnt much that they havent dont to opels/vauxhauls/holdens...

my 2.6L manual did a 15.6 1/4mile. but its a fair bit lighter than the new ones.

InsaneAsylum
27th July 2006, 10:11 AM
i tried to speak to courtenay back in 2002, neither them nor regal would tell me anything... "we cannot disclose such information..." they also charge like about 4000 pounds for bolt on kits. they're damn expensive

from that point i thought fvck them