PDA

View Full Version : Best adhesive for Irmscher bits?

imay
23rd July 2006, 01:37 PM
I've just finally taken delivery of an Irmscher boot lip spoiler for my convertible. All painted and waiting for a nice day to install it. Yesterday was just the day . . . until I discovered the adhesive that came with the spoiler was WAY past use by date (14/03/2004!!) and had gone off. Yet another of the problems when dealing with overseas!

There is no mechanics (that is, no screws, clips) used to hold the spoiler in place, it is just glued on to the trailing edge of the boot lip. Underside is slightly recessed, so tape may not be an alternative. Have to look further into that one.
Any advice on what is a good adhesive that is readily available to us Aussies to use? What have you guys used in the past and what success have you had?

R3N
23rd July 2006, 02:06 PM
sikaflex... otherwise 3M heavy duty tape (which I used on mine until I took it off)

EL BURITO
23rd July 2006, 02:24 PM
take it to a body shop get them to put it on

pred8r
27th July 2006, 06:36 PM
sikaflex... otherwise 3M heavy duty tape (which I used on mine until I took it off)

Seconded.
If you use the CORRECT one (online research first, the bunnings staff would know Jack Schitt) that stuff needs to be cut off.

Bonus is its slightly flexible and being a silicone if its in the wrong spot, you can move it.

Its a bit hard to move a hole.

EfiOz
27th July 2006, 11:23 PM
Sikaflex 221