PDA

View Full Version : Hihihihihihi... got some questions too...

astraboy84
21st July 2006, 05:03 PM
I'm interested in purchasing my first Astra. They seem to be very reliable cars but I don't know a lot about them.

I'm looking at the following models:

2004 AH CDX hatch (1.8L N/A) - found one with 27,000K's
2002/3 TS SRi hatch (2.2L N/A) - found two with around 30,000K's

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Out of these two, would the SRi be a better buy? I'd prefer the looks, interior and extra doors of the AH but don't like the 1.8L engine.

oneightoo
21st July 2006, 05:11 PM
i bought an 03 astra sri brand new.. did 35,000kms before i sold it, never had a problem with anything.. it was a ripper of a car..

astraboy84
21st July 2006, 05:14 PM
Do you think that the larger engine and lower weight would be worth it over the newer car?

oneightoo
21st July 2006, 05:22 PM
if you mean the TS astra over the AH astra than yeah..

same engine, gearbox etc.. different body.. AH weighs more, not sure exactly how much more but it does..

MatsHolden
21st July 2006, 06:18 PM
I would probably choose the AH CDX 5 door over the TS SRi N/A. Much more refined chasis, great interior, great aesthetics. Basically better car all round as you would expect from the new model. The 2.2L doesn't really have all that more much power over the 1.8L, 108kw vs 92kw. The TS SRi will obviously pull a bit harder but not bucket loads harder. Something that the TS SRi 2.2L has over the AH 1.8 is that the 2.2 doesn't need a timing belt replaced whereas the 1.8 does.

oneightoo
21st July 2006, 06:23 PM
having owned both the 1.8 and 2.2 astras i can assure the 2.2 has a lot over the 1.8, better seats, better dash, better body kit, much better pull, much better drive.. and yeah the 2.2 astra is chain driven..

jerrypufflewell
21st July 2006, 06:35 PM
I'd go the TS :)

Jai
21st July 2006, 11:31 PM
i used to be a service advisor with a holden dealership and i can tell you right now the AH platform is better.. however.... the 1.8lt motor is the same as a TS astra and they still have the same probs they had then. if timing belts arent done at 60K there is a good chance it could snap.

they have CPU and P/S problems.

the 2.2 SRi didnt have as many problems plus with better susp package from standard its a good basic starting point.

before i bought the new SRi i had the TS SRi and it was fantastic. i put airfilter + exhaust + full custom susp.

it drove like it was on rails and would torch most commodores.

but thats jst my opinion, honestly drive them both, you will make your own mind up...

btm
8th August 2006, 08:58 AM
never driven an AH, but I love my TS SRi - never had a problem

Get the new AH Turbs :D