PDA

View Full Version : Sri T - CarsGuide Review

Turblue
16th July 2006, 11:00 AM
Just saw this.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,19786007-5003140,00.html

Poogene2001
16th July 2006, 12:15 PM
My CDX hatch is only a year old........ why then do i feel the need to go and trade it in for one of these?!?! Why oh why?!?! :(

Turblue
16th July 2006, 12:30 PM
My CDX hatch is only a year old........ why then do i feel the need to go and trade it in for one of these?!?! Why oh why?!?! :(

You know you do..!!

The whistle of the turbo spooling to full boost.....
The sound of the blow off.....
The 300nm torque....

Hmmm....... :p

PaulyJ
16th July 2006, 12:32 PM
you're a bad influence wayne...

*goes to the bank...*

Poogene2001
16th July 2006, 12:39 PM
You know you do..!!

The whistle of the turbo spooling to full boost.....
The sound of the blow off.....
The 300nm torque....

Hmmm....... :p

Its actually only 262nm of torque, but thats enough.
If I wanted more I would go the CDTi, 320nm there!
But you do make a convicing case!

MatsHolden
16th July 2006, 12:45 PM

I might be wrong but i think Wayne may have been reffering to the torque on his modified G Turbo.

But yeh GREAT cars, the Barina's taken a backseat for the past week that is for sure!:D

Turblue
16th July 2006, 01:01 PM

After a remap.....SRiT should do 300+nm.

MatsHolden
16th July 2006, 01:08 PM
Another review guys...

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/car-review/1901218.aspx

Wraith
16th July 2006, 05:38 PM
After a remap.....SRiT should do 300+nm.

Yes this talk of turbo torque is all very delicious, especially considereing the very little lag the Opel engines have.....

I really like the sound of the VXR which with remap can get over 450mn - now we're talking OOH YEAH !

MatsHolden
16th July 2006, 05:55 PM
Yes this talk of turbo torque is all very delicious, especially considereing the very little lag the Opel engines have.....

I really like the sound of the VXR which with remap can get over 450mn - now we're talking OOH YEAH !

Yeh but there is only so much torque and power that a FWD can take before it's undrivable. Imagine the torque steer with 450Nm! lol

Wraith
17th July 2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, very true Mat, but once you've got it, you'd learn to live with it and you've got a 13sec. car as well, whenever you want to enjoy some spirited driving.....

JohnBu
17th July 2006, 03:08 PM
Yeh but there is only so much torque and power that a FWD can take before it's undrivable. Imagine the torque steer with 450Nm! lol

once you're rolling its fine.. from standstill u may have issues... but for overtaking etc the more the merrier

phat-dave
17th July 2006, 07:42 PM
I want one of these so called 300nm SRiT's that whistle and you can hear the spool all the way to redline!

Mine has 262nm and is dead quiet!!!

JohnBu
17th July 2006, 11:07 PM
I want one of these so called 300nm SRiT's that whistle and you can hear the spool all the way to redline!

if you're in melb.. i'll give u a spin no probs,

astro boy
18th July 2006, 02:43 PM
Is the VXR just a remaped SRi T.

Red AH SRI T
18th July 2006, 03:33 PM

me too!

Especailly after having the SRi for the day yesterday :(

Pom
18th July 2006, 03:51 PM
CDX brothers - Enjoy the great motor you've got for however long you can. The Sri isn't going anywhere. It'll still be fun when you decide the time is right.

JohnBu
18th July 2006, 04:05 PM

naaah, not exactly sure, but im sure its got different internals/turbo etc..

i should take the new T and VXR for a spin..

aussie_in_london
18th July 2006, 08:08 PM

not at all

now for a remapped VXR, im running a stage 2 and the torque steer is present but not a handfull at all, the wife is of a small build and can handle the power with ease, even manages to power slide it around the larger round abouts just for fun lol

MatsHolden
18th July 2006, 11:08 PM

You sure you can't hear it? Can definately hear it whistling on the new Turbs.

phat-dave
19th July 2006, 12:40 PM
positive!

i can hear it dump boost around 1am in the morning after redlining it and there being nothing else on the road, tiny ppattshoo but certainly no spooling noise :mad:

Wraith
19th July 2006, 12:47 PM
not at all

now for a remapped VXR, im running a stage 2 and the torque steer is present but not a handfull at all, the wife is of a small build and can handle the power with ease, even manages to power slide it around the larger round abouts just for fun lol

Hi Aussie, may I ask what power and torque figures your getting with your stage 2 re-map ? and is it as smooth with the power delivery as it was when stock ?

Also is the turbo response/lag increased at all or is it the same or better than it was when stock ?

Cheers, just trying to build as much knowledge on the VXR as possible, as a re-map will be the first thing I'm gonna do if I manage to get one of these.

MatsHolden
19th July 2006, 02:09 PM
positive!

i can hear it dump boost around 1am in the morning after redlining it and there being nothing else on the road, tiny ppattshoo but certainly no spooling noise :mad:

That is strange...

aussie_in_london
19th July 2006, 08:39 PM
Hi Aussie, may I ask what power and torque figures your getting with your stage 2 re-map ? and is it as smooth with the power delivery as it was when stock ?

Also is the turbo response/lag increased at all or is it the same or better than it was when stock ?

Cheers, just trying to build as much knowledge on the VXR as possible, as a re-map will be the first thing I'm gonna do if I manage to get one of these.

im putting out about 280bhp at the flyweel and approx 235 at the wheels, torque is up around 300lb/ft
power delivery is much smoother then at standard and 1st & 2nd is much more usuable, but its not all about peak figure chasing, the bhp and torque holds much stronger to redline where as the standard map drops off once hitting its peak figure so in saying that it keeps pulling strongly until hitting the limiter in the upper gear ranges,
for comparison
standard in 4th at 80mph and the stage 2 in 6th, the remapped car still pulls away from the standard VXR.

Wraith
20th July 2006, 01:22 PM
im putting out about 280bhp at the flyweel and approx 235 at the wheels, torque is up around 300lb/ft
power delivery is much smoother then at standard and 1st & 2nd is much more usuable, but its not all about peak figure chasing, the bhp and torque holds much stroger to redline where as the standard map drops off once hitting its peak figure so in saying that it keeps pulling strongly until hitting the limiter in the upper gear ranges,
for comparison
standard in 4th at 80mph and the stage 2 in 6th, the remapped car still pulls away from the standard VXR.

Thanks for that Aussie,

Very impressive........ very happy to hear as you say that the driveability is improved and some gears are more usable than before, as well as being better overall than the already impressive stock VXR's figures.

Power must come on strong to be able to pull away from the standard VXR in 6th gear compared to standard in 4th, that's a clear superiority.

Just a quick metric conversion on peak output, now has 208kw, 400mn and around 175kw atw, very, very nice.

To get an Astra G to this level is a major investment in time and money, simple remap 10-15 min. plug n play with the VXR - fantastic stuff.