PDA

View Full Version : Rear Window Wiper Gone! Baastards!

lowey22
12th July 2006, 03:14 PM
Well, I returned from holidays to find some baastard has ripped off my rear window wiper. the bolt is still there, but the arm has been ripped off, leaving a bit of it still there.

am thinking i might just take the whole thing off, rather than repairing it and bog the hole up... couldn't be bothered getting a new one, as they don't do much anyway.

oneightoo
12th July 2006, 03:19 PM
why would someone just break it off??

that reminds me of the time i was a passenger in my bro's mates dads vectra b lol.. we were driving back to my place, stopped at a stop sign, and this dude, jumps on the bonnet and rips both windscreen wipers off, jumps of the car and runs away.. so we chased but he ran thru a park and disappeared lmao.. was quite funny actually..

lowey22
12th July 2006, 03:30 PM
god knows why, i asked myself the same question. they obviously didn't need the part as it's broken, im just assuming they were drunk and thought it looked like a fun thing to do. my car was parked in a carport, but i live in a set of units, so its about 50m off the street, so it was probably someone in the complex, which is nto good at all.

sounds like your guy was off his face...

sammykkwok
12th July 2006, 03:34 PM
Some people like to play joke like this to people's car.. instead of keying or scratch your car paint, they have decided to rip the wiper off... what a bastard.

A dude was having fun with my car to a lesser degree, he decided to stick 2x breaker choc milk stickers on my bonnet and the side door... Lucky no damage to the car when I parked my car outside a friends house.

How much does it costs to repair that damage?

Sammy

InsaneAsylum
12th July 2006, 03:37 PM
some people just do it because their bored, i had the mirrors removed from my old car. they pretty much broke them off so they were useless anyway.

lowey22
12th July 2006, 03:38 PM
not sure how much it would cost. could maybe get the arm from the wreckers, but they never seem to have any Astras, not up here anyway. The arm is easy to install, just the cost of the part. but as i said, i dont think i am going to bother...

btm
12th July 2006, 03:42 PM
ba*tards... no good mate

make it shaved - looks good anyway :)

tmov81
12th July 2006, 03:57 PM
maybe talk to gavism... he removed his rear wiper?

oneightoo
12th July 2006, 04:24 PM
maybe gavism stole it cos he wanted a replacement??

lowey22
12th July 2006, 04:49 PM
lol, that bastard! might send him a PM and see if he has removed his. I cant imagine that it will be that hard...

btm
12th July 2006, 04:56 PM
he did :)

outside: deleted rear wiper.

gemstar_007
12th July 2006, 05:07 PM
i need a spare one lowey... haha sorry :p

CJB
12th July 2006, 06:31 PM
oh lowey man, that sucks bigtime!

But I thought (before fully reading) lowey will make the most of it, and I see you will.

Still not good though - thats Townsville for you :p

sri guy
11th August 2006, 06:03 PM
maybe talk to gavism... he removed his rear wiper?
indeed i have champ. just pull the bugger out it looks sleeker without any wiper on the back.only thing is there is a hole where the bolt was. that needs to be filled in i will fill this in permanently when i have the cash to take it to the panelbeaters. in the meantime i have a rubber blanking grommet similar to the ones you put in holes when you pull off the spoiler.