PDA

View Full Version : Hey there.

Diabolical
12th July 2006, 02:34 AM
Hey,
Thought I would post this now while I'm bored, I am the current owner of a "Space Green" 2001 Opel Corsa C, which has currently spent 36 days getting it's clutch replaced. Will hopefully be getting it back tommorow, unless I'm spun some more crap from my repairer. For now, I will post a picture a picture of my own artist's impression of what has been happening with my car at the repairer. The picture used is from back when I had a hole in the front bumper from a minor run in incident with a wall, which has since been repaired.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1544/fixmygoddamncar7pv.gif

Nice to be here!

Edit: Just realised your swearing filter messes with my image name, whoops.

btm
12th July 2006, 08:33 AM
welcome to the site mate :)

36 days getting a clutch replaced.... WTF :eek:

CJB
12th July 2006, 08:35 AM
haha cool pic... :p

welcome dude.

im with btm, wtf is with that amount of time?

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the forums!

oneightoo
12th July 2006, 09:53 AM
welcome to OpelAus.

36 days is far too long. what excuses have they given you?

if your interested, check out the NSW forum http://nsw.opelaus.com/phpBB2/ for information on cruises. you will need to register first, as you did with this forum.

sri guy
12th July 2006, 10:12 AM
welcome to opelaus mate

Diabolical
12th July 2006, 10:59 AM
I guess I should tell the long sad story of my car and it's various problems this past year.

Late last year sometime I had my water pump explode, which took out my timing belt which nearly took out the engine (ended up having an engine rebuild at 95000km), this was then diagnosed as a manufacturing fault with my water pump, but I still had to pay for the engine rebuild. This might not have anything to do with the clutch, but has plenty to do with what happened earlier this year.

Earlier this year, I swerved to avoid being hit by a 4WD, but silly me over corrected and lost control of the car causing me to kiss a wall, which put a hole in the front bumper and cracked my radiator.

Got all this fixed, I found it funny that this would have been cheaper for me if the 4WD would have actually hit me, as his insurance would end up covering it. With me going into a wall, I had to pay for all this.

A month later, I found my radiator was leaking coolant, it was then found that my water pump was also leaking. Both ended up being covered by warranty, except for the water pump, which after being given a rather large run around by holden, I paid to get fixed somewhere else.

2 weeks later, I'm still finding a green puddles underneath my car. At this point, I bought myself coolant and would be filling it up constantly, I was one of those people driving around with a premixed bottle of coolant in thier car.

Around this time, I also realised my clutch would need to be replaced, as due to a previous incident (which apparently was a recall I missed), my clutch was not in the best shape. I figured kill two birds with one stone and get my clutch repaired and this leaking problem finally rectified.

I will say now, that my repairer used to be quite good, emphasis on used. Now, they are understaffed and have far too many clients to deal with.

So far I have been spun a whole lot of crap which obviously is a lie, for instance, I was told that it was nearly finished and they wanted to pressure test the cooling system overnight, first thing the next day, I go in hoping to hear some news and see my car sitting there with the subframe still out and all the tubes disconnected, obviously you can't pressure test a cooling system if none of it's tubes are connected.

Then apparently they didn't have the correct part for the clutch, which resulted in another week of waiting, now here I am, typing out this rather long post, thinking of calling them now, as I am supposed to get my car back today.

Due to the amounts I have had to pay on my car, I have no mods whatsoever apart from some lightweight alloys and one day I decided I wanted to lighten up the car a little and removed the back seat.

Thanks for the nice welcomes and such, here is a picture of my car up in the blue mountains.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/226/heroshot9aw.jpg

btm
12th July 2006, 11:18 AM
fuk dude... you have had some serious bad luck!!

hopefully that will all change when you opelise the car :D

Sammeh
12th July 2006, 11:28 AM
Ouch... thats just not cool! Nice pic tho.. Blue Mountains are beutiful!

EL BURITO
12th July 2006, 02:20 PM
fook mate ya C is bad sorry bud

but hellooo

lowey22
12th July 2006, 02:34 PM
greetings and salutations. hope u get your car back soon :)

InsaneAsylum
12th July 2006, 02:48 PM
hahahaha i love that animate GIF!!!!

mr_sikma
12th July 2006, 03:12 PM
great pic...

and welcome ;)

Diabolical
14th July 2006, 06:49 PM
Argh, they said I would have it back tommorow (Saturday) which is great because I'm working all day long.

Thanks for the welcome again guys, I'm sure I can "opelise" the car soon.

Also my webspace is back up so I can show you a few more pictures.

http://what.the-internets.net/barina/

mark_hamilton
17th July 2006, 10:36 PM
hi there welcome to the site :D :D :D

Diabolical
24th July 2006, 10:18 AM
I apologise for bumping my own thread, but anyway, I eventually got my car back after a wonderous 42 days, and the thing is still stuffed, it's leaking coolant everywhere, and my battery is stuffed!

I can't do anything about it for atleast two weeks anyway because I've got some holidays coming up. So I wanted to get into cheaply modifying the thing a little, anyone have any idea where I can pick up some opel badges?

mr corsa
24th July 2006, 10:14 PM
welcome and 42 days wait for me would be a walk in the park considering what ive been thru :D

Kimme
25th July 2006, 02:58 PM
Same here, I waited 3 months to get my little beep beep back. Now it's in another mechanic getting fixed, but this guy is really good.

EL BURITO
25th July 2006, 05:04 PM
welcome and 42 days wait for me would be a walk in the park considering what ive been thru :D
yes but yours was self inflicted

R3N
26th July 2006, 02:22 AM
best first impression evar!

sorry to hear about the car, and welcome to the site. hope everything works out for ya!

oh, and stay away from the spammers.

ps. why did a cat drop out of your car?

Diabolical
28th July 2006, 12:19 PM
The cat dropped out of my car because I felt it would be a nice addition to the fact that other random **** is falling out of it.

Well, now my car isn't working again, battery completely died yesterday. I got her jumpstarted and took it to another repairer to get a new battery and check out my leaking coolant issue.

I will now run down a list of how my now previous repairer, have killed my car.

- Radiator was purchased used.
- Radiator was from an automatic (Manual all the way here).
- Radiator was too large to fit.
- Radiator was hammered into the vehicle to fit it.
- An engine mount was not put back into the vehicle.
- Various nuts and bolts where missing (best example, gear box was leaking oil because out of 5 bolts required to be fitted, it had 2 fitted).
- Tubes not screwed on properly.

Now getting all that fixed, by the way, we will probably find out more of this stuff in the next day.

JasonGilholme
28th July 2006, 12:56 PM
Mate, I'd be gettin my car fixed somewhere else and billing the previous repairer because they have caused most of your problems.

I know backyard mechanics that can a better job then those guys!!

Its probably cheaper to get a new car dude.