PDA

View Full Version : Spotted a whole bunch of Hot Hatches :)

corsa2nv
6th July 2006, 11:51 AM
Hey Guys, speaking of all the new hot hatches out, i witnessed a sighting that made me go OMG lol, was at a friends house painting his intercooling pipeing, got sick of putting it back 2gether and went to maccas to make it for some breakie, lol just as soon as my mate mentioned about the XR5 and how he hasent seen one on the road, well what do you know, an Orange One, followed by a golf gti (red), lol followed by (this is the hottest one) A MARK 5 BLUE GOLF R32 omg they are hot looking cars lol, followed by an AH astra SRi turb (silver), followed by a BMW 130i (red) , followed by a Renault Megan Sport (blue), followed by a Mazda MPS 3 (red), and finally to finish it off, a WRX STi. DAMN that is a good sight. all spotted one after the other on cowpaster road, cecil hills, one after the other lol i was drooling at every single car, must be wheels or something doing a test on all these cars. damn it really lighted up the road with all those sporty colours :p

btm
6th July 2006, 12:13 PM
should be a good article when it comes out

corsa2nv
6th July 2006, 12:15 PM
i will be gettng that article hopeing there will be a picture of me drooling with saliva comming out my mouth :D

btm
6th July 2006, 12:20 PM
i will be gettng that article hopeing there will be a picture of me drooling with saliva comming out my mouth :D
your 15 seconds of fame :p

Wraith
6th July 2006, 01:15 PM
Wow, what a sight alright - but the best one of the lot is missing......VXR

I'll be very interested to see the performance results, it'll be between the R32, Sti and MPS 3, damn shame the VXR isn't in the mix, wanted to see how it fairs against the ugly duckling (scoobie).

corsa2nv
6th July 2006, 01:50 PM
lol i know i was let down not seeing a VXR. guessing its not in the country yet but man that R32 looks awsome and sounds mean :)

SSS_Hoon
6th July 2006, 04:37 PM
there is a VXR in the country i was told and it was silver so maybe you seen that instead of the sri?

did u get any pics?

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
6th July 2006, 05:08 PM
I wouldnt be suprised that there are many VXR's in the country but they would @ HSV hidden and maybe having ADR Rulings carried out if they require them.

Im taking a punt here and what you may have seen is Motor Magazines Best Bang For Bucks Contenders under test. As they have changed the format of BBFB this yeah. Class by class then a final at the end of November i think from memory.

The HSV VXR will be entered guys if it was Motor. It will be entered as a Wild card Entry.

Shaun.

Red AH SRI T
6th July 2006, 06:57 PM
There are no real VXR's in Australia. The one at the motor show was an Astra coupe done up to look like a VXR, an imposter!!!!!

Miyagi
6th July 2006, 08:21 PM
awesome spot mate... would have made my day. :)

corsa2nv
6th July 2006, 08:44 PM
there is a VXR in the country i was told and it was silver so maybe you seen that instead of the sri?

did u get any pics?

SSS_Hoon

stupid me my phone was in the car at the time, as soon as i saw the cars i just ran like an idiot on the main rd to have a look, and it was an SRi Turbo, as it had the V grill, and all the SRi Gear

Shaun
6th July 2006, 09:39 PM
There are no real VXR's in Australia. The one at the motor show was an Astra coupe done up to look like a VXR, an imposter!!!!!

I think you will find the VXR at the motorshow Vauxhall Pre Production model ? Which had SRi Compoents fitted. IE Suspension etc

Red AH SRI T
7th July 2006, 08:27 AM
I think you will find the VXR at the motorshow Vauxhall Pre Production model ? Which had SRi Compoents fitted. IE Suspension etc

you are correct :D

ultim8DTM5
7th July 2006, 10:17 AM
I know the area, my bet is they were on their way to EC to do a shootout.

I call bull**** on MKV R32.

MatsHolden
7th July 2006, 12:55 PM
stupid me my phone was in the car at the time, as soon as i saw the cars i just ran like an idiot on the main rd to have a look, and it was an SRi Turbo, as it had the V grill, and all the SRi Gear

The VXR has the V grill too. :p

Wraith
7th July 2006, 01:18 PM
The VXR has the V grill too. :p

He probably means chrome grille, instead of colour coded ?? maybe.....

And agree with person above who mentioned that there are indeed VXR's over at HSV.

I was meant to be going there as we speak for some quoting to get gear fitted on a GTO, I'm thinking of purchasing and was told I had to wait as they're "closed shop" to all outsiders due to the entire new range of HSV's to be released over the next 6 months being around - I assume this includes the VE commodore models and the VXR...........

mr_sikma
7th July 2006, 01:21 PM
sounds good.

no pics???

yeah the 32... mmmm.... 4wd v6 turbo!

Miyagi
7th July 2006, 01:28 PM
ummm.. the r32 isn't a turbo... but it is 4WD and a pretty crackin v6... I think the weight would bring it back to earth a bit performance wise but u gotta love the complete package. :)

Wraith
7th July 2006, 01:29 PM
sounds good.

no pics???

yeah the 32... mmmm.... 4wd v6 turbo!

I may be wrong, but don't think the R32 is turbo charged, just NA 3.2ltr V6

Wraith
7th July 2006, 01:30 PM
DOH, replies posted at same time LOL

MatsHolden
7th July 2006, 01:46 PM

Probably....

SSS_Hoon
8th July 2006, 09:36 PM
I call bull**** on MKV R32.

i dont as they are out now and a few have been spotted around sydney already

SSS_Hoon

corsa2nv
9th July 2006, 12:22 AM
hmm a turbo R32, just thinking bout it (evil :rolleyes: )

rjastra
9th July 2006, 11:24 PM
I've seen at least 3 R32s so far. 3 and 5 door. Both in that great metallic blue.

mr_sikma
9th July 2006, 11:57 PM
so why is the fwd version golf turbo and the 4wd vesrion isnt???

MatsHolden
10th July 2006, 12:50 AM
so why is the fwd version golf turbo and the 4wd vesrion isnt???

Because the GTi is a 4 Cylinder and the R32 is a 6.

SSS_Hoon
10th July 2006, 04:34 AM
hmm a turbo R32, just thinking bout it (evil :rolleyes: )

there is already one in the works in AUS hehehe, although its the mkiv not the new but still failry much the same just diff body styling is all.

SSS_Hoon

Red AH SRI T
10th July 2006, 09:12 AM

And agree with person above who mentioned that there are indeed VXR's over at HSV.

I was meant to be going there as we speak for some quoting to get gear fitted on a GTO, I'm thinking of purchasing and was told I had to wait as they're "closed shop" to all outsiders due to the entire new range of HSV's to be released over the next 6 months being around - I assume this includes the VE commodore models and the VXR...........

You would be correcct on the VE front, but wrong to assume they have VXR's.

First boat of VXR's arrive first week of September :D

*Can't Wait*

blueraven
10th July 2006, 12:50 PM
I wonder if any vxrs will actually hit the showroom florr, or if they have all been pre-sold...

(only asking cos i know some of the astra g turbo's did sit on the showroom floor for quite a wile...which is suprising really. i also wonder if there will be any of the Gti people who are in the 3-4th month of their 12+ month wait for car, cancelling their golf gti order in favour of the vxr or one of the othe rnew hot hatches...:D )

EL BURITO
10th July 2006, 01:09 PM
there was a AH SRI Turbo in CLarkson Holden the other day but had a big sold sticker on the screen so i dout it sat there for long but they did let me have a good look at it

Wraith
10th July 2006, 01:23 PM
I've seen at least 3 R32s so far. 3 and 5 door. Both in that great metallic blue.

I've seen one as well - ages ago (at least over a year ago) on the Sth. Eastern freeway, blue duco colour and twin exhaust tips looked hot.

Don't know if you need to turbo one up, remap will give you a decent power hike on an already decent power figure.

ultim8DTM5
10th July 2006, 03:14 PM
Theres a s/c MkVI R32 doing the rounds...

SSS_Hoon
10th July 2006, 03:42 PM
you mean mkiv right not mkvi?

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
10th July 2006, 07:40 PM
I spotted the a New Mark V Golf R32 on Sunday @ Wisemans Ferry going across the Ferry on to the gosford side.

Nice looking car.

Shaun

Shaun
10th July 2006, 07:47 PM

Second person i have heard that from A Dealer told me this on Sunday. HSV Factory has closed doors atm . . I have a Feeling the Launch of the VXR is going to be the same time as the all New VE HSV Hits the Market. The Dealer who i wont mention made comment of about 6-8 weeks before the HSV VXR hits the show room. Which sounds about right as HSV Models follow the Holden Models release about 2 months after there release.

The HSV VE Range must be going to be something very speical. Im hearing up to 350kw .
Maybe the VXR will be launched before as then lead up to the VE HSV and get people interested in the brand the bang lanuch the VE HSV Range. or the could do it a Launch and reshape the brand.

VZ Stock of HSV would be whats left i have a feeling atm. I have also heard a romour the Vauxhall VXR in the UK will be getting another HSV Model to replace the VXR Monaro. But as to what version of HSV product will be used is unknown. Im thinking Maybe a Clubsport R8. It would sit nicely in the VXR range. Give them a Larger Sedan then the Vectra and could open up more doors for them.

ultim8DTM5
10th July 2006, 07:51 PM
you mean mkiv right not mkvi?

SSS_Hoon

Yep, as in four.

Must. Type. Slow. Er.

Wraith
11th July 2006, 01:23 PM
Second person i have heard that from A Dealer told me this on Sunday. HSV Factory has closed doors atm . . I have a Feeling the Launch of the VXR is going to be the same time as the all New VE HSV Hits the Market. The Dealer who i wont mention made comment of about 6-8 weeks before the HSV VXR hits the show room. Which sounds about right as HSV Models follow the Holden Models release about 2 months after there release.

The HSV VE Range must be going to be something very speical. Im hearing up to 350kw .
Maybe the VXR will be launched before as then lead up to the VE HSV and get people interested in the brand the bang lanuch the VE HSV Range. or the could do it a Launch and reshape the brand.

VZ Stock of HSV would be whats left i have a feeling atm. I have also heard a romour the Vauxhall VXR in the UK will be getting another HSV Model to replace the VXR Monaro. But as to what version of HSV product will be used is unknown. Im thinking Maybe a Clubsport R8. It would sit nicely in the VXR range. Give them a Larger Sedan then the Vectra and could open up more doors for them.

Yeh, I'm pretty certain Shaun, VXR's are there ATM, I'd say the initial batch being "HSV dressed" destined for the showrooms, I also have some close friends at a Holden dealer who confirm this.

I've also been at HSV 3 times before, 2 factory tours and one marketing focus group session to comment on the VY series before they were released, much the same as the VE ATM and was made to sign a contract of confidentiality.

I remember back then it was the same deal, closed to all outside people.

As for VE having up to 350kw - no probs at all, the LS2 is a 350kw 600mn engine detuned to 297/305 for it's initial release, just like the LS1 before it.

MatsHolden
11th July 2006, 02:18 PM
A new 7.0litre may be used in a GTS spec vehicle.

blueraven
11th July 2006, 04:55 PM
3 and a half times the engine i have...i bet it runs 1:1....

1 km per every 1 litre :D

Wraith
12th July 2006, 12:41 PM
A new 7.0litre may be used in a GTS spec vehicle.

Yeh Mat, the speculation is a stroked 375kw 7.0 litre LS2 for the new VE GTS.

HSV wants to have a 500hp flag ship to compete with the likes of M5 and others in that class.

Miyagi
12th July 2006, 03:54 PM
My first foray into ripping vids etc...

BMW 130i vs VW Golf r32 (http://www.hothatchforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=57.0) :cool:

EDIT - Moved the thread to being viewable for guests... sorry don't like forcing ppl to join.

Cheers,
Miyagi

rjastra
12th July 2006, 04:17 PM
My first foray into ripping vids etc...

BMW 130i vs VW Golf r32 (http://www.hothatchforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=57.0) :cool:

Cheers,
Miyagi

You have to be a member.

SSS_Hoon
12th July 2006, 04:22 PM
You have to be a member.

well join

SSS_Hoon

Miyagi
12th July 2006, 04:26 PM
soz accidently posted it in the wrong forum... fixed link so you don't have to join... :)

I like SSS_Hoon's idea though. ;)