PDA

View Full Version : New HSV caught on camera

btm
5th July 2006, 04:45 PM
Say hello to the world's first look at the new HSV VE Series, due for launch in September.

http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=20168&sy=smh&source=smh.com.au%2F&t=1UC1U5&ie=1&player=wm7&rate=2878&flash=1

EL BURITO
5th July 2006, 04:50 PM
i wounder if the test driver got in trouble for no loosin em

MatsHolden
5th July 2006, 04:52 PM
Hmm.. No rear spolier.

EL BURITO
5th July 2006, 04:58 PM
Hmm.. No rear spolier.
maby it just the fact they are trying to hide wat it is

beep beep sri
5th July 2006, 04:58 PM
hmm very interesting. im not a big fan of hsv's but its always interesting to see a new car before its released. i guess the big question is how many kw its gonna have

MatsHolden
5th July 2006, 05:10 PM
hmm very interesting. im not a big fan of hsv's but its always interesting to see a new car before its released. i guess the big question is how many kw its gonna have

Over 300. First Austrlian car to break the 300 mark. Rumours between 330 and 350.

Shaun
5th July 2006, 06:01 PM
Interesting time At HSV. They are tight lipped about all there new range coming including the VXR.

Ill be interested to see the new range from HSV. Be interested to see how Aggresive the will look.

Shaun

sparks
5th July 2006, 06:19 PM
When the ve commodore range hits the streets ford will be crapping in there pants trust me....

Corsa
5th July 2006, 11:11 PM
Over 300. First Austrlian car to break the 300 mark. Rumours between 330 and 350.

They obviously forgot about the power figures CSV have had available since the VT series. (Over 300KW outputsrange from 330KW-424KW)
Corsa

MatsHolden
5th July 2006, 11:27 PM
They obviously forgot about the power figures CSV have had available since the VT series. (Over 300KW outputsrange from 330KW-424KW)
Corsa

They were reffering to factory production car. Corsa Special Vehicles is classified as aftermarket.

Cheers
Mat

cyclonic
5th July 2006, 11:52 PM
They were reffering to factory production car. Corsa Special Vehicles is classified as aftermarket.

Cheers
Mat

Not quite.

HSV, while its the "official" factory hot-rod shop, is in competition with Corsa, who also have the same build licence as HSV does, putting them in the same class as HSV. Corsa has beaten HSV to the mark, but HSV doesn't choose to acknowledge them - CSV is a very dirty word around HSV's way.

MatsHolden
6th July 2006, 11:00 AM
Not quite.

HSV, while its the "official" factory hot-rod shop, is in competition with Corsa, who also have the same build licence as HSV does, putting them in the same class as HSV. Corsa has beaten HSV to the mark, but HSV doesn't choose to acknowledge them - CSV is a very dirty word around HSV's way.

Wasn't HSV that stated anyway. Corsa is different to HSV. With HSV, the car comes from the factory as is. With Corsa, people have to buy the base car from Holden themselves (usually an SS) and then take it to CSV to have it given the treatment.

Wraith
6th July 2006, 01:10 PM
mmmmm, very interesting for me as I am a big fan of all things V8....

As for power figures the LS2 V8 exists as a 350kw 600nm engine in the US, it has been detuned here on purpose so that Holden have an engine they can use for the next 2-3 models of commodore.

Don't believe the current HSV rating of 297kw/305kw either, it's more like 315kw, Holden/HSV didn't want to undermine the much more expensive 300kw LS1 C4B powered GTS, which was still available at the time of the LS2's release.

The performance difference between the 2 is very obvious, I've driven both - GTO LS2 and C4B GTS, the LS2 powered machines are much faster/quicker.

Exactly the same thing was done with the LS1, which was a 261kw engine, straight out of the box, detuned to 220kw here with the VT series 2 and brought up to it's normal power level with the definitive VZ models.

I also agree with Mat about CSV, they do have an industry licence to build road cars, but are not in the same category as HSV.

An old work collegue of mine is Peter Dichiera's (the guy that runs CSV) first cousin and I remember him telling me on numerous occaisions how CSV is far more affected by HSV, than vice-versa LOL and as for the prices on their cars - well no wonder they don't sell many..........

Getting back to the new VE's I really wonder what Holden are up to, if anything, regarding a new Coupe, since Monaro is no more ??

MatsHolden
6th July 2006, 01:29 PM
mmmmm, very interesting for me as I am a big fan of all things V8....

Getting back to the new VE's I really wonder what Holden are up to, if anything, regarding a new Coupe, since Monaro is no more ??

You and me both! lol

Holden Design say there is a few exciting concepts floating around the design studio's when asked about a future Monaro. Also Holden is having a major role in the design, engineering and development of the Chev Camaro, which is based on the same Zeta platform as VE, so a 'variant' of this could be brought in as a future Monaro. Denny Mooney had been tight lipped when asked about whether Holden would utilise the Camaro, not saying that they would but not saying that they wouldn't. I have a feeling they've got something special up there sleeve.

bill142
7th July 2006, 05:12 PM
The article makes reference to the 4 speed thats in the current commodore and all previous models. When are they going to ditch this pile of ****?? the 5 speed thats on the sv6 should be standard with the 6 speed being optional. If I were in the market for a commodore that 4 speed would turn me right off.

MatsHolden
7th July 2006, 07:14 PM
The article makes reference to the 4 speed thats in the current commodore and all previous models. When are they going to ditch this pile of ****?? the 5 speed thats on the sv6 should be standard with the 6 speed being optional. If I were in the market for a commodore that 4 speed would turn me right off.

Just have to wait and see. ;) If the 4 speed is still used on the VE range it will only be on the Executive.

Greggy
7th July 2006, 07:51 PM
The Monaro & Monaro VXR in the UK have been welcomed with open arms ! The new HSV looks like it has followed on from the existing HSV a treat ! - Just needs to be in red with a nice tail spoiler and some huges alloys that smoke the tyres at any available oppoutunity !

Nice to see Holden updating the great HSV one more time !! Are they still using the 5.7 V8 ? - Will be another Kickass Holden for sure !!!

MatsHolden
7th July 2006, 08:16 PM
The Monaro & Monaro VXR in the UK have been welcomed with open arms ! The new HSV looks like it has followed on from the existing HSV a treat ! - Just needs to be in red with a nice tail spoiler and some huges alloys that smoke the tyres at any available oppoutunity !

Nice to see Holden updating the great HSV one more time !! Are they still using the 5.7 V8 ? - Will be another Kickass Holden for sure !!!

Nope. They are already using the 6.0 V8 in the current Holden and HSV models and will do so in the new VE Commodore.:D However as the Monaro is no longer:( , the Monaro's exported to the UK will shortly be no more. There are rumours HSV may even use a new 7.0 Litre V8 for their top spec model.

Greggy
7th July 2006, 08:30 PM
No more Monaro ALREADY !!! Nooooooooooooo ! This cant happen !! i think one of the guys from the VVOC forum in the UK is getting his a little later this year - was a short waiting list !!

I take it petrol is quite cheap down there then ? - cheap enuff to run 7 litre HSV's I guess.

Its bloody expensive here per litre - its the equivelant to $2.50 a litre here............its crippling all the V6 vectras over here......alot are selling up....and getting the newer CDTi Diesels

MatsHolden
7th July 2006, 08:46 PM
Yeh unfortunately no more Monaro's. They've been gone for a few months now here in Aus, only the HSV versions are sold and they're on their way out soon. Petrol here is a BIG issue in Aus at the moment. No where near the prices it costs over your way, we're averaging about $1.35, but it's gone up from about 80cents or less per litre to $1.35 or more in about 18 months to 2 years, so it's been a very rapid increase. It's starting to show with small car sales increasing, but I think with the release of the new VE Commodore, large car sales will well and truly pick up.:D

Greggy
7th July 2006, 10:07 PM
Yeh unfortunately no more Monaro's. They've been gone for a few months now here in Aus, only the HSV versions are sold and they're on their way out soon. Petrol here is a BIG issue in Aus at the moment. No where near the prices it costs over your way, we're averaging about $1.35, but it's gone up from about 80cents or less per litre to $1.35 or more in about 18 months to 2 years, so it's been a very rapid increase. It's starting to show with small car sales increasing, but I think with the release of the new VE Commodore, large car sales will well and truly pick up.:D

There have in the past been demonstrations & people boycotting certain petrol firms on certain days - bt nothing really had too much effect - apart from blockading fuel depots not letting tankers out etc.....lasted a few days and people started panic buying an stuff........but nothing really changed to be honest - its all still very expensive.....

But its always good to see the likes of Holden / vauxhall releasing a massive gas guzzling brute onto our shores - our most popular TV Motoring show Top gear loved the HSV & the Monaro's but suggested that the brits are a little too conservative for them.....could be true !