PDA

View Full Version : the new ride

low astra
3rd July 2006, 11:30 PM
just started work on my new ride for those of you who dont know, its a 1989 ford courier ute,

just finished stripping it and about to send it to the painters, only probablem is a cant decide on the colour

anyone got any ideas, the only thing i can think of is dark purple with pink pearl,

i want it to stand out, its goin to be a bit of a quick one once the motor is put in

http://i5.tinypic.com/16jevyp.jpg

CJB
3rd July 2006, 11:33 PM
that sounds nice... going thru lights the pink pearl would look sweet

My brother's girlfriends brother is a panel beater and paints cars aye... :rolleyes:

MatsHolden
3rd July 2006, 11:41 PM
Hmm interesting choice of car to restore lol. For colour choice I would say either a Dark Orange with a yellow pearl, or Black with a purple pearl. Possibly even an Electric Blue, with a light blue metallic flek through it. Just a few suggestions.

low astra
3rd July 2006, 11:49 PM
well its not really a restore, its more of play thing, im just sick of havin a slow car, and havin a white car, my last four cars were

corsa2nv
4th July 2006, 02:51 AM
what motors going in that ?

EL BURITO
4th July 2006, 03:21 AM
I like the Purple that the falcons are in at the moment. that darkish purpule but it ant realy dark. u know wat i mean. Andys Orange Corsa is an awsome colour too.

humm its going to look intreasting done up

oneightoo
4th July 2006, 01:03 PM
paint it black with a purple pearl thru it.. get chrome bumpers, grilles and side mirrors, and anything else metal thats visible - get chrome plated.. lower it with 22's and a limo tint..

pimp

InsaneAsylum
4th July 2006, 01:16 PM
hahah before you no it, you'll want to bag the suspension, fit the tank into the tray and hit switches all day long.

minitruks are great!!

low astra
4th July 2006, 04:46 PM
had bags in my hilux, not really after them again,

the motors im lookin at is a series 6 13b turbo or a sr20det, the sr20 is cruently making about 400bhp in a 200sx so it should be fun in the ute, however im gonna have 2 wait to do the motor as im planing to get the boday and interior finished first then play with the suspension and and performance

low astra
12th July 2006, 06:21 PM
its now booked in, if all goes well it should be started in 3 weeks, still no idea what colour it will end up,

oneightoo
12th July 2006, 06:39 PM
did you just tell the painter to suprise you?

CJB
12th July 2006, 06:42 PM
did you just tell the painter to suprise you?

haha, what if it came out rainbow?

Go the purple... deep deep purple...

Dee
12th July 2006, 06:57 PM
go with laurie's purple :D its a custom colour, so it will never be the same. i can get you many pictures of it :D

rjastra
13th July 2006, 12:05 PM
how about a deep (not bright!) non-metallic red. Like that available on Alfa romeos.

http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/images/Gallery/147%20Ti/147_Rear-View.jpg

Would suit a ute. Would have the "could have come in this colour" look.
Would also mean you could probably get away with non-painted front bumper.

low astra
14th July 2006, 05:12 PM
my nephew kept saying red, but he was wearing a wiggles shirt and pants and shoes, dont know i can trust his decision, but its a thought,

my painters bro sugested a dark metalic green similar to the lid of a brut can, that way i dont have to get rid of the brown interiour in such a hurry

CJB
14th July 2006, 05:26 PM
my painters bro sugested a dark metalic green similar to the lid of a brut can, that way i dont have to get rid of the brown interiour in such a hurry

Only you could make a brown interior pimpin' :p

low astra
15th July 2006, 09:21 AM
haha im gonna try, just gotta work out where i can stash a few subs in this cab, there just isint the room i usually require