PDA

View Full Version : Re: Brisbane - Tech 2.

ope126
1st July 2006, 07:35 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone in the trade and in the know have access to a Tech 2 for a short time one weekend. I can make it worth your time! :D :D :D

Basically I had the opportunity to witness first hand some of the programs available today at my local Holden dealer. They recalibrated the tyre options on my Vectra CDXi via Tech 2. This in turn has recalibrated the speedo to show the correct speed with my new choice of tyres; 225/45ZR 17 91Y.

Whilst going through the various menus, we found quite a few options that can be activated / altered via Tech 2. However the dealer was a bit reluctant to assist me with these functions, as he didn't charge me for his time on the Tech 2.

So if anyone can get access to the Tech 2, lives in Brisbane and is willing to assist please let me know!
I would suggest that you have some knowledge about the Vectra C functionality, as the guy that was trying to do it today had no idea. He had to get another service tech who works on the euro Holdens to assist.
There is alot more functions on the euro Holdens, as apposed to the Commodore.

PM or Reply.

Thank you...

Glenn

stevedee3
2nd July 2006, 09:05 PM
Glenn,

I'd be very interested to find out what you learn about your C too...

What tyres did you get? I'd like to fit 225s to my car when the current tyres wear out...

pred8r
3rd July 2006, 08:09 AM
if its anything like the corsa you will need the password(for your car) to access half of the options available :D

stevedee3
3rd July 2006, 08:47 AM
if its anything like the corsa you will need the password(for your car) to access half of the options available :DI have the security code (I assume that's what you mean), but I don't have a Tech 2 :(

Red AH SRI T
3rd July 2006, 09:54 AM
shame u can't just buy a tech 2 off the street, its amazing what these little things can do.

I do know one guy that carries one around with him everywhere he goes ;)

stevedee3
3rd July 2006, 01:09 PM
shame u can't just buy a tech 2 off the street, its amazing what these little things can do.It's a shame you can't get something that plugs into a laptop to do the same job. Probably all you'd need is a CAN interface and some software...

ope126
3rd July 2006, 04:08 PM
I have all the relavant access codes for my car, just need the Tech 2 & an operator. :)

stevedee3 - Fulda Exelaro 225/45ZR 17 91Y tyres.

imad4u
3rd July 2006, 06:15 PM
give petroject brisbane a call and ask them who they can recommend that has brought a tech 2 from them with canbus interface module, www.petroject.com.au

puddleglum
7th July 2006, 10:27 AM
Please do post the eventual outcome. I don't have such a device, and am not in a position to use one right now, but would certainly file away a contact name for future use--will be ditching the stock tires, which likely means a change in size.

Am also wondering if there are "sport button" settings available for throttle response, stability control intervention thresholds, etc. And I'd love to turn down the volume on the turn signal indication and seatbelt alarm.

coldzero
14th March 2007, 02:59 PM
Did you know that it is possible to purchase Tech 2 devices off the internet. Search eBay for TECH2 and you should see a couple of different types.

I've found a USB and RS-232 type that connect straight up to a laptop. they even include software.

I've been tempted to purchase one but can't justify the cost at the moment. Having said that they are only about $90aus delivered from Hong Kong.

MK
14th March 2007, 07:20 PM
i am still waiting to purchase the Astra H TECH2...cant find one... only these;

http://www.allegro.pl/search.php?string=tech2

http://www.allegro.pl/item171264877_inter_opel_tech2_pl_usb_z_multiplexe rem_promocja_.html

Turblue
14th March 2007, 07:25 PM
These tools only read....

You can reset the ecu codes with them.