0-60 3.01 sec
0-100 5.00
0-100-0 8.40

fastest road going production
Bugatti Veyron
0-60 2.80 sec wow
0-100 5.50
0-100-0 9.9

QUOTE - "Now's the part where everyone who's bought an Astra VXR over the last year will be entering a whole new dimension in smugness"

PaulyJ
29th June 2006, 01:04 AM
I'm so proud of this car!
I really am!
Wonder what the comparison would be between the VXR and the SRiT?

CAL.16V
29th June 2006, 01:21 AM
whats the sprint model?? remapped ect? thought the vxr was the highest model?

aussie_in_london
29th June 2006, 02:00 AM
whats the sprint model?? remapped ect? thought the vxr was the highest model?

sprint is the blue development VXR Vxl use
engine wise it has an OPC developed ECU, development map
and the rest, well they wont say lol,
AP/VXRacing brakes, KW adjustable suspension, light weight BTCC style alloys (18")
trust me it goes and goes well.

pics of it from a recent VXR rolling road day we had
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/aussie32/TMSOpenDayRollingRoadShootOut021Lar.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/aussie32/TMSOpenDayRollingRoadShootOut020Lar.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/aussie32/TMSOpenDayRollingRoadShootOut023Lar.jpg

SSS_Hoon
29th June 2006, 04:37 AM
no GTI in that test?

i have seen the gti with DSG stock hit 0-60 in 6 flat maybe that is y.

that blue VXR looks hot i have too say.

i seriously cannot wait for them to hit the roads out here and go for a drive in one(shaun heheheh)

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
29th June 2006, 07:13 AM
no tests over here have done the GTi with DSG in 6 flat, 6.4 the best a mag has tested it at
GTi in standard manual form would have lost out to the deisel astra so it didnt worrient being in the test lol

btm
29th June 2006, 08:45 AM
fastest road going production
Bugatti Veyron
0-60 2.80 sec wow
0-100 5.50
0-100-0 9.9

those are insane figures!! :eek:

JohnBu
29th June 2006, 10:36 AM
no GTI in that test?

i have seen the gti with DSG stock hit 0-60 in 6 flat maybe that is y.

SSS_Hoon

no disrepect, but i've asked you to back up your claim previously..

what do you mean you have seen it?

in OZ mag no test has seen it quicker than a TS astra turbo, let alone a VXR

or some 1/4 mile times recorded in OZ would be good

MatsHolden
29th June 2006, 10:37 AM
those are insane figures!! :eek:

And they're MPH! lol

Wraith
29th June 2006, 01:14 PM
Excellent figures there for the VXR, looks like it's a genuine low 6 sec 0-100km/h car - probably around 6.2/6.3 as those tests are to 60mph, which is approx. 95km/h.

With a remap alone I think the VXR will join the 5 sec club in 0-100km/h acceleration..........awesome stuff, the more I see of this car the more it's making my decision on a new hot hatch finalised to get one.....

Keep the hot stuff on this beauty coming Aussie, we all love it.

SSS_Hoon
29th June 2006, 03:37 PM
no disrepect, but i've asked you to back up your claim previously..

what do you mean you have seen it?

in OZ mag no test has seen it quicker than a TS astra turbo, let alone a VXR

or some 1/4 mile times recorded in OZ would be good

yeah i have seen it like is aid last time you wanted me to show proof it is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR0Nlre0TPM&search=gti%20mkv%20dsg

not a mag or anything though.

im not saying its better then the VXR or even the XR5 as that is up the the individual, i dont want this to turn into yet another thread about the GTI v the VXR get over it already.

i was just asking y the GTI wasnt in there and i bet it was to do with the fact that its old now not that it was too slow.

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
29th June 2006, 05:35 PM
im not turning it into a vs thread as its about the VXR not the GTi as you always mention in most post regarding the VXR (fact)
the DSG is not a standard GTi as are the VXR and ST being tested, in previous UK group tests the GTi has struggled for outright perfromance and the proof was in the TG episode up against the pre prod VXR with the SRi chassie.
I dont need your proof from a track run as its not like for like with the other cars and i have yet to see it run those times in any tests.

aussie_in_london
29th June 2006, 05:39 PM
Excellent figures there for the VXR, looks like it's a genuine low 6 sec 0-100km/h car - probably around 6.2/6.3 as those tests are to 60mph, which is approx. 95km/h.

With a remap alone I think the VXR will join the 5 sec club in 0-100km/h acceleration..........awesome stuff, the more I see of this car the more it's making my decision on a new hot hatch finalised to get one.....

Keep the hot stuff on this beauty coming Aussie, we all love it.

German car mag carrying out the same type of test ran the OPC/VXR 6.1sec 0-100km just recently
stage 1 remap car is running approx 5.9 but as we all know it comes down to reaction time and getting that launch just right : )

JohnBu
30th June 2006, 10:32 AM
yeah i have seen it like is aid last time you wanted me to show proof it is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR0Nlre0TPM&search=gti%20mkv%20dsg

not a mag or anything though.

SSS_Hoon

mate its a video of dash speedo.. can't verify the times... nor are speedo's accurate.

you do know even they speed up bruce lee's moves in movies...

end of the day, there's no way in hell a gti will do 0-100 in 6 flat in australia, hell the R32 stuggles to do that... but that doesnt make me not want one :) awesome cars, just not that quick

rusole21
30th June 2006, 11:03 AM
mate its a video of dash speedo.. can't verify the times... nor are speedo's accurate.

you do know even they speed up bruce lee's moves in movies...

end of the day, there's no way in hell a gti will do 0-100 in 6 flat in australia, hell the R32 stuggles to do that... but that doesnt make me not want one :) awesome cars, just not that quick
here, here. i knew there would be a "why wasnt the super sick gti in this test" when i was reading it;)

SSS_Hoon
30th June 2006, 03:57 PM
hey aussie i didnt say you were turning it into another gti v vxr thread i said i dont want it to turn into one as we dont need another one and we all know my views on them both.

i know the GTI aint as qwik as the VXR and i said if it was then i would be very shocked as it should get smacked down by the VXR.

John the only OZ test i know of was wheels or motor not sure now and it had the GTI at 6.4 and the XR5 at 6.5 and 15.4 and 15.5 respectivly, i too have not seen it anywhere in a mag tv show test at 6 flat only in that video as i said its only a home made vid and i do know that the vw speedo at indicated 100kph is actually only 93-94kph.

the best i had out GTI 0-100 was in 6.3*** using a GTECH PRO RR this was ages ago when we first got the car though might have to get it and throw it back in again.

as for 1/4 time i too would like too see that the only ones i know of were at Dutton rally and the best was 14.7 but avg around the 14.8-9 mark and the XR5 best was a 15.13 and avg around the 15.2-3 mark. Now too me the VXR should be at least a 14.8 at the very minimum for sure.

there will be a gti doing 0-100 in qwiker then 6flat yeah it wont be stock but there will be some doing it that is for sure.

aussie GTI in standard manual form what you mean by that the DSG is standard too? and is half a sec faster then the manual and it feels it too....

as for the gti being qwiker the the astra g turbo well they are aint they shaun hehehehe.

anyway enough from me.

I guess that its what you get when you post about car y on a forum dedicated to car z aint it hehehehe.

i am still yet too find someon on a golf forum to say anything good about the VXR except for me that is, and last i checked there were no my gti beat a vxr the other threads either.

SSS_Hoon

rusole21
30th June 2006, 05:18 PM
John the only OZ test i know of was wheels or motor not sure now and it had the GTI at 6.4 and the XR5 at 6.5 and 15.4 and 15.5 respectivly, i too have not seen it anywhere in a mag tv show test at 6 flat only in that video as i said its only a home made vid and i do know that the vw speedo at indicated 100kph is actually only 93-94kph.

SSS_Hoon
if a gti did 0-100 in 6.4. why would it only do a 15.4?? the astra g did 0-100 in 7 something and did a 15.2 in the motor and wheels mags. i think if it went that fast to 100 then it would go alot quicker than 15.4. to me that just dosnt make sence. sorry sss_hoon

MatsHolden
30th June 2006, 05:25 PM
if a gti did 0-100 in 6.4. why would it only do a 15.4?? the astra g did 0-100 in 7 something and did a 15.2 in the motor and wheels mags. i think if it went that fast to 100 then it would go alot quicker than 15.4. to me that just dosnt make sence. sorry sss_hoon

Not neccessarily. A good 0-100 time doesn't dictate a good quarter mile time, as a car that does better for the 0-100 may not be as good as the other car for the rest of the run.

rusole21
30th June 2006, 05:35 PM
absolutely. but if my car went from 0-100 in low sixs like xr6 turbos then i would be p***** if it did a poxy 15.5.
who else is sick of hearing about the gti when tryin to read INTERESTING stuff about the vxr?

MatsHolden
30th June 2006, 05:37 PM
absolutely. but if my car went from 0-100 in low sixs like xr6 turbos then i would be p***** if it did a poxy 15.5.
who else is sick of hearing about the gti when tryin to read INTERESTING stuff about the vxr?

Yeh I would be dissapointed too, but maybe they just don't pull as well up the higher end...

haha yeh GTi's had it's glory, let the VXR have a bit now...

rusole21
30th June 2006, 05:39 PM
or its got a built in auto handbreak that slows it down at 100

Shaun
30th June 2006, 09:58 PM
Guys im going to put this to rest now...

The VXR is Quicker then the GTi. I have seen both and how they run. VXR will beat it. DSG MAY get the jump but the VXR is more powerful then the GTi. The VXR power comes on fast but smooth right through the rang.

SSS_Hoon
1st July 2006, 09:24 AM
no shlt ppl i have said many a times that its faster the the gti i dont doubt that at all. as for the times they were quoted by the magazine and i was told that mags test with a passenger full tank of fuel and some other weight how true that is i not sure.

i do know that in the us the gti does high 14 sec quarters yeah they are only 3 doors but only 100kg lighter also.

anyway like i said previously i think the reason the gti wasnt in it as its old and been around for years now and it has had its time and it is time for a newcomer and it seems as if there is more then just the vxr that wants the title.

i only compare it to the gti as we own one and to me its qwik and we like and maybe biased towards it yes, but i give credit where credit is due for sure to me the only let down from the vxr is the interior i wouldnt buy a car that i didnt like to sit in and look at all day everyday and i bet you all wouldnt either now would you.

anyway this will be the last you hear from me on this(unless something else comes up and i might throw a comment in but it would have to be very big)

SSS_Hoon

180HOA
1st July 2006, 11:06 AM
Guys im going to put this to rest now...

The VXR is Quicker then the GTi. I have seen both and how they run. VXR will beat it. DSG MAY get the jump but the VXR is more powerful then the GTi. The VXR power comes on fast but smooth right through the rang.

The DSG doesn't get any jump of the line... its vague and elastic - much worse than a manual for takeoff - IMO anyway. It makes up more than what it loses in the rolling gearchanges, though. But, it's still bascially an auto, meaning you're never in complete control and never know exactly what it's going to do. It's a touch faster than an eqivalent manual, but I'd still call a manual a better drive, from a fun perspective.

Shaun
1st July 2006, 02:55 PM
no shlt ppl i have said many a times that its faster the the gti i dont doubt that at all. as for the times they were quoted by the magazine and i was told that mags test with a passenger full tank of fuel and some other weight how true that is i not sure.

i do know that in the us the gti does high 14 sec quarters yeah they are only 3 doors but only 100kg lighter also.

anyway like i said previously i think the reason the gti wasnt in it as its old and been around for years now and it has had its time and it is time for a newcomer and it seems as if there is more then just the vxr that wants the title.

i only compare it to the gti as we own one and to me its qwik and we like and maybe biased towards it yes, but i give credit where credit is due for sure to me the only let down from the vxr is the interior i wouldnt buy a car that i didnt like to sit in and look at all day everyday and i bet you all wouldnt either now would you.

anyway this will be the last you hear from me on this(unless something else comes up and i might throw a comment in but it would have to be very big)

SSS_Hoon

Wait till you see the VXR interior . I thought the same from pictures to but after sitting in the VXR for a day i found it to be rather nice and well laied out. Its not boring like i 1st thought from the Pictures. And the production models have Black interior too. Not Greyish colour that was shown at the Sydney International Motorshow. After meeting with Shane we believe that the VXR that was on display @ the motorshow was a Pre Production Model from The UK.

Things have changed before the went into production

Shaun

Red AH SRI T
1st July 2006, 03:21 PM
HSV have confirmed to me that the car shown at the Motorshow here in Australia was simply an SRi done up to look like a VXR and wasn't a final production spec car.

aussie_in_london
1st July 2006, 07:38 PM
HSV have confirmed to me that the car shown at the Motorshow here in Australia was simply an SRi done up to look like a VXR and wasn't a final production spec car.

that was the first pre prod model to be showm in the UK and was used for press shots, magazine ads etc, sat in that back in early July last year up at Luton at Vauxhall house

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 05:34 PM
I want a VXR And i want it now.......

Im am going to buy one. Mind is made up. Im hearing August / Spetember now for a release date at dealers. One dealer in Liverpool tells me there sold the 1st one they have coming in. A female paid her deposit on it already.

SSS_Hoon
2nd July 2006, 06:33 PM
damm sold already, i thought that all the ones coming in the 1st allotment were taken already?

SSS_Hoon

MatsHolden
2nd July 2006, 07:44 PM
damm sold already, i thought that all the ones coming in the 1st allotment were taken already?

SSS_Hoon

Yeh, you'll find that a lot of people that have put their name or a deposit on one already won't follow through, so there will be a few that become available.

SSS_Hoon
2nd July 2006, 08:13 PM
yeah i bet that is the case too, or they don't want too wait and go and buy something else.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 08:34 PM

SSS_Hoon

How can the be all sold. No one has a confirmed price. that HSV making it sound like that they are popular to attract intrested.

MatsHolden
2nd July 2006, 08:40 PM
How can the be all sold. No one has a confirmed price. that HSV making it sound like that they are popular to attract intrested.

I know for a fact a dealer in Vic is taking deposits on them, I'm sure they're not the only ones either. Good point about there not being a confirmed price, not sure of the legalities involved as to whether they are in fact allowed to take deposits or not...

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 09:57 PM
I know for a fact a dealer in Vic is taking deposits on them, I'm sure they're not the only ones either. Good point about there not being a confirmed price, not sure of the legalities involved as to whether they are in fact allowed to take deposits or not...
Dealers Have taken Despoits yes. Although some havent either.

They can take a deposit on anything really. No law against it . They can refund the deposit too. If HSV were to stop the Project tomorrow then they would get there Deposit straight back. Its not likey that HSV are going to do that but im using it as an Example.

MatsHolden
2nd July 2006, 11:35 PM
If HSV were to stop the Project tomorrow then they would get there Deposit straight back.

Yeh I hope they don't pull the plug last minute. Wouldn't be the first time... HRT 427. But the VXR's future is a little more secure than the 427 so should be right!:D Touch wood.

blueraven
2nd July 2006, 11:48 PM
they wont pull the plug, not when its already being made and sold AND doing well in another country...all holden has to do is import it..(hmmm like 90% of their range :D ) if it was something that was going to be built and developed here in australia, well we all know it wouldnt have a hope in hell of happening.

Wraith
3rd July 2006, 01:07 PM
What's all this stuff about the VXR maybe not happening..........???

IT IS DEFINITELY COMING HERE.......

Mr T
3rd July 2006, 04:29 PM
The DSG doesn't get any jump of the line... its vague and elastic - much worse than a manual for takeoff - IMO anyway. It makes up more than what it loses in the rolling gearchanges, though. But, it's still bascially an auto, meaning you're never in complete control and never know exactly what it's going to do. It's a touch faster than an eqivalent manual, but I'd still call a manual a better drive, from a fun perspective.

Dude,

You clearly haven't driven one nor tried to keep up with one off the mark in an Astra G SRI-T.

The launches that I have seen from SSS_Hoon's missus are unreal to say the least...2.1 sec 60 footers would be a walk in the park...!!!

It's not bascially an auto nor is it elastic. It has a pressure plate clutch (well two actually) and the only elasticity that could be thought of is when the throttle is closed momenterily to prevent driveline failure during gear changes. It is an electronically controlled Manual

My car does 14 flat and it takes me until at least 80KM/H to catch up let alone start losing the Golf.

Look...I love the Astra and my loyalties are there, but I give respect where respect is deserved...and that car deserves respect.

Sorry about the flame, but it really gets to me when people confuse fact with opinion.

Miyagi
3rd July 2006, 07:34 PM
Dealers Have taken Despoits yes. Although some havent either.

They can take a deposit on anything really. No law against it . They can refund the deposit too. If HSV were to stop the Project tomorrow then they would get there Deposit straight back. Its not likey that HSV are going to do that but im using it as an Example.

Let's just hope Holden / HSV do a better job of the launch compared to Ford's half assed, egg-on-their-face attempt with the XR5T.

Surely we aren't going to see ANOTHER manufacturer drastically under import the required number of vehicles to meet demand. :(

SSRI
3rd July 2006, 08:44 PM
does anyone know if we'll get the blue vxr in oz? coz sri turbo does not come in blue

MatsHolden
3rd July 2006, 09:26 PM
does anyone know if we'll get the blue vxr in oz? coz sri turbo does not come in blue

Yep should do, as that will be why they are not offering it on the SRi.