PDA

View Full Version : AH SRi Turbo Astra.

Shaun
26th June 2006, 05:58 AM
Has anyone been to look at one or seen one ? I have been out of the Country for almost 4 weeks and just seen that they have been released on the Holden site.

If so what did people think ?

MatsHolden
26th June 2006, 09:59 AM
There's some posts already mate, just have a search :)

Shaun
26th June 2006, 06:58 PM
There's some posts already mate, just have a search :)
I have been in europe for 4 weeks.... havent bother to check the forum

eld0ra
26th June 2006, 07:39 PM
:O

Yeah i went last week to have a look at it.. it looks sweeet....

i wanna go test drive it soon.. maybe even put a deposit on it ;)

Its a car that i would keep for as long as possible.. got every little feature that i would ever really need and i know the engine has quite a few common mods which is a plus.

SSS_Hoon
26th June 2006, 07:40 PM
seen one the other day and they look better then the standard coupe that is for sure.

on the outside that is, i still think the inside is a taste that needs aqquairing(sp)

SSS_Hoon

MatsHolden
26th June 2006, 07:50 PM
:O

Yeah i went last week to have a look at it.. it looks sweeet....

i wanna go test drive it soon.. maybe even put a deposit on it ;)

Its a car that i would keep for as long as possible.. got every little feature that i would ever really need and i know the engine has quite a few common mods which is a plus.

Trust me if you take one for a test drive you'll put a deposit on one lol. I drove one thisarvo and it was fantastic, and that was without booting it.

Wraith
27th June 2006, 01:08 PM
Yeh, they look hot, much better than the standard 3 door for sure - lucky for us here in Aust. they're fitted with a better kit, which almost makes it look as good as the VXR, in fact I like the look of the chrome v grille better than the colour coded one.

Can't wait for VXR to arrive to do a proper comparison on all these beauties.

Pom
27th June 2006, 01:27 PM
"...........Also drove the SRi at the w/e ((ahead of picking my baby up this Friday - black of course!). Currently drive a nissan 200sx s15, which i've been very happy with - but this little baby is going to steal my heart! It has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road. And comfortable. And - for a 2-door coupe - roomy.
May not be quite as punchy as the xr5, which I test drove the other week (but its a hell of a lot better looking - and, with leather, $3k cheaper) or the MPS (which again has questionable looks to offset the power - and is almost $9.5k more on the road, with substandard - ie only partial - leather) or the VXR when it arrives, but unless all you plan to do is hoon around it is punchy enough and amazingly smooth on the gear change (you hardly need to tap the clutch). After the Nissan (which picked up PCOTY) it lost nothing in punch when running/overtaking/screaming round corners (I had a very understanding salesman, who was on his first spin in the baby).
One last point - I've heard the inside layout described as boring - certainly not from where I was sitting. A top-notch stereo and trip computer that takes a bit of getting used to but is all at your fingertips, along with cruise and climate control provide a great centrepiece."

Wraith
28th June 2006, 01:07 PM
Well done Pom, the hardest thing about getting one of these or even the upcoming VXR is what colour to choose.........they look sexy in every colour, even the sri t in white looks HOT........

The sri t I looked at was star silver, damn it looks good in that colour, they should also have offered the sri t in magma red and arden blue, I really like the red.

MatsHolden
28th June 2006, 04:07 PM
Well done Pom, the hardest thing about getting one of these or even the upcoming VXR is what colour to choose.........they look sexy in every colour, even the sri t in white looks HOT........

The sri t I looked at was star silver, damn it looks good in that colour, they should also have offered the sri t in magma red and arden blue, I really like the red.

Yeh i've seen them in both black and silver in the flesh, and you're right both look good! Black just pips it at the post for me. I think the reason they aren't offering the magma red and the arden blue is that they're leaving those for the HSV VXR.

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 04:49 AM
hey all im back home in Australia now and have has a look at a Silver SRi T and a Black SRi T tonight and today.

The are a neat unit. Vauxhall Chrome V grille finishes the car nicely. Its about time Holden started using it again.

As for someone here saying that they seen one with twin exhaust your the second person to tell me this. A mate was in Heartland Holden Penrith and said he seen one there with Twin System. Toinght at at a dealer on Parramatta road (Muirs i think) the had a Silver Astra Coupe in the show room with a body kit nice set of rims and twin system out the back. I wonder if this exhaust system people are refering to is from Walkinshaw Proformance. Its very neat looking kit and system haning off the back. At 1st Glance i thought it was a SRi T AH kitted up.

They also had a Arden Blue SRi G in the yard with 25,000km on the clock and they are asking 28,999. I personally would buy A New SRi T if it was me considering its only another 10k and you get 3 years warranty and its new.

Just thought i would let you all know just incase anyones looking for an Arden Blue SRi T G

Shaun

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 04:57 AM
"...........Also drove the SRi at the w/e ((ahead of picking my baby up this Friday - black of course!). Currently drive a nissan 200sx s15, which i've been very happy with - but this little baby is going to steal my heart! It has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road. And comfortable. And - for a 2-door coupe - roomy.
May not be quite as punchy as the xr5, which I test drove the other week (but its a hell of a lot better looking - and, with leather, $3k cheaper) or the MPS (which again has questionable looks to offset the power - and is almost $9.5k more on the road, with substandard - ie only partial - leather) or the VXR when it arrives, but unless all you plan to do is hoon around it is punchy enough and amazingly smooth on the gear change (you hardly need to tap the clutch). After the Nissan (which picked up PCOTY) it lost nothing in punch when running/overtaking/screaming round corners (I had a very understanding salesman, who was on his first spin in the baby).
One last point - I've heard the inside layout described as boring - certainly not from where I was sitting. A top-notch stereo and trip computer that takes a bit of getting used to but is all at your fingertips, along with cruise and climate control provide a great centrepiece."

The SRi is looking is a nice package. Dont dissagree with you there but i will about the VXR comments. The VXR was designed to be a drivers car. But in saying that its a very comfy car to drive to as well. I was lucky enough to spend a full day in the UK with 4 VXR owners from www.astra-sri.co.uk And i can say that the are worth the extra money that people will pay for them. The VXR is a rather fun car. Like wise is the new SRi T. I think the new Astra's have come ahead in leaps and bounds. Opel have spent alot of money into the new astra range and its payed off rather well. The New SRi and the Old SRi only share one common item. The Same Z20LET engine. Thats it. The interior is rather classy and dosent feel cheap like im hearing from others either. Agree with you on that.

Not taking anything away from New SRi T . They two completey different cars. Its like looking at a GTi Golf and the New R32 Golf.

IMO the new Astra SRi T is going to sell well and with the Kit that looks like the VXR kit (Which is the new option for the UK for the SRi Sport Hatches in 2007) I think they stand out somewhat more then they did before.
But if you want the extra power and can afford it then the VXR is going to be that little more special.

Happy to see that someone who has had a jap car can see that the European Hot Hatches have come of age and are leading the charge in the Market

Wurth,
As for colours i doubt we will ever see another Arden Blue SRi in australia. Arden is the colour of OPC. As for red though its possible. I spoke to a dealer on Friday and they said that theres a romour of a red in Australia pending on how sales go. VXR uses Flame Red though. Ive heard that red may also be dropped from the VXR Range in 2007 . Im hoping thats not the case as the VXR in red looks the goods after seeing it in the flesh again.

Shaun

Shaun

SSS_Hoon
2nd July 2006, 11:02 AM
that makes 2 of us shaun coming from jap backgrounds to the german(euro) cars is a big difference the japs can still make them fast but not as good as the euros can that is for sure.

you tring to say that the new sri and the vxr are like the gti and r32? didnt get that bit if you are then yeah i agree with you but the r32 is as new as the gti just not in aus and the r32 i dont like the look of the front i prefer the gti.

so the inside of the vxr we will get wont be all that silver crap all over the place is it black? when will your pics be up as i know me and you were in the same boat with the interior and u say you like it now so i want too see it now as all the pics i have seen have been silver everywhere and looks outta place with wierd knobs and stuff.

i have too agree that the arden blue is the mean look at me colour and i can understand them wanting it on there flagship model the VXR as i gotta say i like the vxr in the blue and the red that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
2nd July 2006, 04:58 PM
that makes 2 of us shaun coming from jap backgrounds to the german(euro) cars is a big difference the japs can still make them fast but not as good as the euros can that is for sure.

you tring to say that the new sri and the vxr are like the gti and r32? didnt get that bit if you are then yeah i agree with you but the r32 is as new as the gti just not in aus and the r32 i dont like the look of the front i prefer the gti.

so the inside of the vxr we will get wont be all that silver crap all over the place is it black? when will your pics be up as i know me and you were in the same boat with the interior and u say you like it now so i want too see it now as all the pics i have seen have been silver everywhere and looks outta place with wierd knobs and stuff.

i have too agree that the arden blue is the mean look at me colour and i can understand them wanting it on there flagship model the VXR as i gotta say i like the vxr in the blue and the red that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon

Silver dont look out of place. And yes we will have the silver. when you see it in the flesh it looks sporty and classy st the same time

SSS_Hoon
2nd July 2006, 06:34 PM
yeah i seen the silver sri the other day looked good.

SSS_Hoon

Wattie
3rd July 2006, 08:07 AM
i went and drove the silver one at penrith yesterday, nice bit of gear, but i was kinda expecting it to go a bit better... maybe it was just that it was so quiet... but the dude wouldnt let me press the magic "sport" button. not that it goes heaps faster, just makes it a little more receptive to my inputs...

anyone wanna buy my car??

RudeOne
3rd July 2006, 11:38 AM
I drove one on sat.

all i can say is this;

worth the wait, worth the money...

I have also been told the price of 38k driveaway is only an intro price, and may go up?

can anyone confirm?

Rudi

Red AH SRI T
3rd July 2006, 12:48 PM
they wouldn't let u press the sport button?

i'll get the car from Penrith and u can come drive it at Parramatta and press the sport button til ur hearts content, cause it does make a big difference

caspers turbo
3rd July 2006, 01:12 PM
the new SRiT has the same 147 kw engine as the SRiT G, but the new car is heavier, so even with the sport button i reakon my old SRiT G could kick it's arse all over the road, just putting it out there,lol

Wraith
3rd July 2006, 01:32 PM
Ive heard that red may also be dropped from the VXR Range in 2007 . Im hoping thats not the case as the VXR in red looks the goods after seeing it in the flesh again.

Shaun

Shaun

OH NO ! I hope not Shaun, I'm seriously considering buying a VXR next year (2007) and have already decided red is my fav colour for this little beauty...

I hope they keep the red colour in there....

MatsHolden
3rd July 2006, 01:32 PM
the new SRiT has the same 147 kw engine as the SRiT G, but the new car is heavier, so even with the sport button i reakon my old SRiT G could kick it's arse all over the road, just putting it out there,lol

H has a little more torque, new gearbox and the continuous damping control. The sport button puts into work a revised ECU map and firmer damper settings. So I think this evens it out a bit. G would probably be a bit quicker in the 1/4 mile but the H would probably out run it on the track. But who cares if it's 0.2 of a second slower down the 1/4. lol Would be interesting to a see a head to head between the two.:)

Wattie
3rd July 2006, 01:44 PM
the shorter gear ratios should even it up... but anywho... some one buy my car. coz i cant see pussy boy giving me enough for my car.. haha

Red AH SRI T
3rd July 2006, 02:30 PM
the shorter gear ratios should even it up... but anywho... some one buy my car. coz i cant see pussy boy giving me enough for my car.. haha

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparks
4th July 2006, 06:13 PM
A silver ah sri arrived at my dealership today mmm looks too good i like it enough to sell my ts turbo...thats saying something...

Shaun
4th July 2006, 06:38 PM
I think the Start Silver looks really good in the new SRi T. Have yet to see a White one but have seen Black and Silver. Anyone know of a dealer in Sydney with white? Keen to see on if i can.

Shaun

Wattie
4th July 2006, 06:43 PM
white will be sex on wheels... its so sexy. but its only via dealer order, so it'll be a while till you see one im thinkin shaun.

MatsHolden
4th July 2006, 08:12 PM
Yeh it'll be about 4 months until you have a chance to see a white one, and it will only be on the road if you do see one.

Wraith
5th July 2006, 01:42 PM
A silver ah sri arrived at my dealership today mmm looks too good i like it enough to sell my ts turbo...thats saying something...

I know where your coming from Sparks, IMHO it looks heaps better than the TS hatch, pity we didn't get the Astra G coupe, however if I get one, I will definitely NOT be parting with my TS turbo covertible - gotta keep that baby.

Shaun
6th July 2006, 05:27 PM
I know where your coming from Sparks, IMHO it looks heaps better than the TS hatch, pity we didn't get the Astra G coupe, however if I get one, I will definitely NOT be parting with my TS turbo covertible - gotta keep that baby.
The New Twin Top is a very nice looking car Wraith. Ive seen them in the flesh whilst i was in Europe. And i wouldnt mind one at all..

sparks
6th July 2006, 05:51 PM
Took heaps of pic's of the silver ah sri turbo today couldnt help my self all on my site...

Shaun
6th July 2006, 06:49 PM
Took heaps of pic's of the silver ah sri turbo today couldnt help my self all on my site...
Post them up Sparks?

JohnBu
7th July 2006, 09:03 AM
click on the link to Spark's site http://www.sparks71.piczo.com/?cr=5&rfm=y

Wraith
7th July 2006, 01:36 PM
The New Twin Top is a very nice looking car Wraith. Ive seen them in the flesh whilst i was in Europe. And i wouldnt mind one at all..

Totally agree Shaun, have seen plenty of pics of the AH twin top, however I'm a big fan of soft tops and have done way too much to my TS to want to sell it........

You never know my missus may want to get herself one - now that would be great !!!

phat-dave
7th July 2006, 07:37 PM
got a call tonight from the dealership, take delivery of my black beast on monday :D:D:D cant wait, i hate waiting :mad::mad:

Shaun
7th July 2006, 08:11 PM
Totally agree Shaun, have seen plenty of pics of the AH twin top, however I'm a big fan of soft tops and have done way too much to my TS to want to sell it........

You never know my missus may want to get herself one - now that would be great !!!

I would twist the misses arm until she decided to get one hehehe. All things a side i believe the Twin top is up around 150kw from what ive read.

Shaun

Wraith
8th July 2006, 05:05 PM
I would twist the misses arm until she decided to get one hehehe. All things a side i believe the Twin top is up around 150kw from what ive read.

Shaun

Wow, is that from the NA engine or turbo ?? if turbo looks like they want to make up for the greater weight in the convertible maybe ?

I really wonder if there will be a VXR version of the twin top and if HSV would include it in their range ??? I tell you that would be one ultimate wet dream for me and push me over the edge to forget about the hatch and get one of them for sure.

MatsHolden
8th July 2006, 05:12 PM
Wow, is that from the NA engine or turbo ?? if turbo looks like they want to make up for the greater weight in the convertible maybe ?

I really wonder if there will be a VXR version of the twin top and if HSV would include it in their range ??? I tell you that would be one ultimate wet dream for me and push me over the edge to forget about the hatch and get one of them for sure.

Imagine the cost of a VXR Astra Convertable though...:eek: Well into the 50k mark plus on roads.

And the 2.0 Litre Turbo is the same as in the SRi with 147kw(197bhp). The reason some articles say 150kw is that some people round 197bhp up to 200bhp and when 200bhp is converted back to kw it turns out at 150kw. :)

This is a part of an Article on the Twin Top...

"...Technically the two-door coupé-cabrio shares its genes with the Astra hatchback.
It comes with four petrol engines (76kW to 147kW) and the 110 kW 1.9 CDTI common-rail diesel engine.
The top-of-the-line 200 hp 2.0-litre ECOTEC Turbo reaches a top speed of over 230 km/h..."

Shaun
9th July 2006, 08:10 PM
I can find out if a VXR Twin Top is in the Winds At Vauxhall and OPC. Would be a neat looking car if they did.

Will get back to you on that one guys.

Red AH SRI T
10th July 2006, 11:27 AM
for thos wanting extra colour, Magma red will be added to the SRi range with the AH7 update due in November, we should also have a white SRi arriving around the same time :D

R3N
10th July 2006, 01:01 PM
id have to put the turbo and vxr bumpers side to side for a good comparison but you could definitely tell them apart, the bottom part is not as deep as the vxr

and the round reflectors just don't do it for me, i'd rather the ones that were on the coupe before. round ones belong on a beetle or like.

but saying that i'd definitely take one in whiteee

18_sri
16th July 2006, 10:30 PM
im still tossing up whether to go for the sri t or the vxr

both are mint cars but being under25 insurance companies would whip my ass for the vxr.

Is any body else in the same boat?

Red AH SRI T
17th July 2006, 09:19 AM
*raises hand*

EL BURITO
17th July 2006, 01:08 PM
yep.......

phat-dave
17th July 2006, 02:08 PM
I think you may be pleasantly surprised... i'm 22, (Brisbane) no accidents, few speeding fines etc... i got quoted $670 for my srit with justcars or 720 through nrma.. suncorp wouldnt touch me because im under 25

Wraith
17th July 2006, 02:18 PM
I can find out if a VXR Twin Top is in the Winds At Vauxhall and OPC. Would be a neat looking car if they did.

Will get back to you on that one guys.

Yes, yes please Shaun, keep us informed, even at over 50k this is my first choice, the TS model turbo convertible which I own was also well over 50k, but for me it's all worth it - you get 2 cars in 1 with a convertible, I love them and would like to add a hard top version to my collection.

Shaun
17th July 2006, 04:04 PM
Yes, yes please Shaun, keep us informed, even at over 50k this is my first choice, the TS model turbo convertible which I own was also well over 50k, but for me it's all worth it - you get 2 cars in 1 with a convertible, I love them and would like to add a hard top version to my collection.

Its an even better opiton in a Twin Top as you get hard top which is a coupe and a convertable as well. Would be less flex too as its a Hard top now.

Shaun
17th July 2006, 04:06 PM
im still tossing up whether to go for the sri t or the vxr

both are mint cars but being under25 insurance companies would whip my ass for the vxr.

Is any body else in the same boat?

Those Three Letters H.S.V will push insurance up for all ages. I doubt i will get coverage under $2,500 and i will be 26 by the time im ready to buy one.

SSS_Hoon
17th July 2006, 04:16 PM
yeah insurance will be a killer.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
17th July 2006, 04:43 PM
yeah insurance will be a killer.

SSS_Hoon
Im thinking the MPS 3 could be much the same.

SSS_Hoon
17th July 2006, 04:47 PM
i don't think it will be though.

i think it will go like this.

VXR
XR5
MPS3
GTI
Clio

as with us the GTI was only a few dollars more then the lancer coupe she had before it too insure it for twice as much. but then again she is over 25 so who knows if that is why.

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
17th July 2006, 06:12 PM
i don't think it will be though.

i think it will go like this.

VXR
XR5
MPS3
GTI
Clio

as with us the GTI was only a few dollars more then the lancer coupe she had before it too insure it for twice as much. but then again she is over 25 so who knows if that is why.

SSS_Hoon
Ive git a qoute for the XR5 the other day actually. XR5 was $1300 or there about for me. 25 in the Camden Area with one accident where i was at fault.

astro boy
18th July 2006, 03:33 PM
Im thinking the MPS 3 could be much the same.
I've bought a MPS. I got a insurance quote of $1,100