PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

MrOrange
25th June 2006, 12:16 AM
Hey Everyone!

Just found these forums which is great! I've been looking for some forums since my gf bought her 2000 Astra.

My name is James. I personally own a 1992 N14 SSS pulsar with pnw10 avenir SR20DET conversion. The car is currently making 190hp atw running VERY rich! awaiting some funds to get a daughterboard tuned on the dyno and hopefully push it into the 200's.

I'm also a member of the Pulsar Group of Australia and secretary of the Perth Pulsar group (website http://perth.pulsar.org.au if you're interested in seeing my car check the gallery) which is a great resource for the Pulsars. Hopefully this site proves equally valuable to me with the Astra :)

The Astra is pretty much stock. I lowered it using a set of King Lows which make it look MUCH better!

Anyways thats enough from me.. no doubt anyone really cares heh but thought I better put something up before I start asking random questions :)

Cheers,
James

MatsHolden
25th June 2006, 12:20 AM
Welcome mate. You should find plenty of reading to occupy you about your girlfriends car! With the King springs, did you replace shocks/struts as well? or just keep the OEM items?

Cheers
Mat

MrOrange
25th June 2006, 12:23 AM
kept the stock struts/shocks.

They are only king lows, still plenty of free travel. I've had them in a year now and shocks are still fine.. (ride is still comfortable which is a bonus too..)

MatsHolden
25th June 2006, 12:29 AM
Nice. Reason I asked was I can afford the springs, but not the shocks just yet, so just wanted to know if it was fine until I get my shocks. If that makes sense...lol

Cheers

MrOrange
25th June 2006, 12:38 AM
yeah absolutely...

no need to change the shocks for just Lows provided they're ok.

Easy as on the astra too! Only took me 2 hours heh. Only 2 struts to pull apart :)

cyclonic
25th June 2006, 12:41 AM
Hey buddy, welcome aboard. Good to see another Perth member! The Astra sounds nice; i'm looking at a set of springs for my Barina..

btm
26th June 2006, 09:18 AM
welcome to the site james

CJB
26th June 2006, 02:38 PM
welcome man! :)

Enjoy.