PDA

View Full Version : Astra colours In Vauxhall

astra03
24th June 2006, 06:37 PM
I know someone mentioned the other day about some new colours coming in the Astra for Australia. I just was browsing around the Vauxhall site and they have 11 colours for the Astra range, compared to our 6.....

I think our colours are very dull and without much brightness if you can call it that. Be good if they do bring a solid red in as mentioned the other day in the room.

Noticed also that the 1.8 Astra engined is listed as 125hp, would would be the same as our 90kw version, but the Vectra 1.8 is listed as 140hp, which is I guess the 103kw new Ecotec updated engine I saw in a motor magazine not long ago??..Interesting.....

From what I can find (or not find) is there is no mention in any future astra models of a sedan version. Anyone hear of anything at all?

EL BURITO
24th June 2006, 07:42 PM
The options available in Oz are limited due to it not being the biggest segment of the market (but is becoming bigger). given there isnt the market for all the options available.

Look if i could rearly have wat i wanted next it would be a 1.9 CDTI coup in Red. but it sucks that they dont offer the range. If the Astra was sold in the volumes that commodes once were maby the range will grow as sales increase.

(i am really not sure how much sence i have made :? )

astra03
25th June 2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah you made sense, obviously we get a limited supply of the range, (colours and models) in proportion to the sales here.

Just wish they would brighten some of the colurs up a bit more be nice!!.
I noticed there is a huge range of colours in the Vauxhall Vectra, I think from memory about 14-15, but as you say it is all on volume sales.

Hate to say it but some of the nicest colours around at the moment are in the Falcon range, oh I said the F word, wash my mouth out with soap....

Red AH SRI T
25th June 2006, 09:52 AM
WA04SXI your dream may soon come true, depending on the success of the CDTi hatches, will help Holden decide as to whether to expand the diesel options.

And, yes, red is coming, just be patient!!!

In regards to the Astra sedan, there is and there isn't one.

There is a sedan version built on the AH platform but this is for Chevrolet in Brazil and the car is actually called the Vectra lol

EL BURITO
26th June 2006, 12:51 AM
that sounds good.

*dose a little dance*