PDA

View Full Version : Chev LS1 into a Astra Coupe. Who said it can't be Done.

KID_SRi
21st June 2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460867

It will be a Weapon when its Completed.
Looks like it has taken alot of work, But surely Worth it in the end.

blueraven
21st June 2006, 05:40 PM
sweet jesus......that thing is hot even without the v8...but once its done...

firstborn up for sale :D

MatsHolden
21st June 2006, 05:50 PM
Massive job! Will be fantastic once it's finished.

PaulyJ
21st June 2006, 05:58 PM
Thats just friggen awesome!
Cant wait to see it finished.
Cant believe he had the balls to pull apart as Astra like that.

Glenn, i hope you're not getting any ideas now...

blueraven
21st June 2006, 07:34 PM
dunno about balls...

but what he is doing would prolly cost close to 50k once finished if you tried to do the same here.. (and didnt have an engineering workshop/skills at your disposal!! )

i want one :D

DirtyHarry
21st June 2006, 10:26 PM
man his butchered that car to bits.

Jass
21st June 2006, 10:41 PM
That is so cool! Imagen how many cars his going to blow out of the water!

cyclonic
22nd June 2006, 12:13 AM
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!

blueraven
22nd June 2006, 12:48 AM
so? :D

from what i can see, he is doing EVERYTHING the best possible way, no corner cutting at all and will end up with a magnificent car at the end of it. which is a hell of alot more than i can say for some of the "show" cars i have seen in this country which most of them under the skin are an absolute nightmare of bodges.

the part i found funny is that it already had 300hp at the wheels from his z20let...which is all i could dream of getting and prolly wont, i would have never cooked up this idea (i could not afford it either!)

EL BURITO
22nd June 2006, 03:01 AM
that is awsome

KID_SRi
22nd June 2006, 08:25 AM
Before this Conversion. It was already Either Total Vauxhall or MAX Power Car of the Year, With Z20LET & Mods.

btm
22nd June 2006, 08:51 AM
:eek: cant wait to see it finished

Wraith
22nd June 2006, 12:49 PM
That is one hot Astra.

BTW nothing new or freaky about fitting any V8 into any small coupe.

I built a 350 chev powered little XU-1 coupe nearly 20 years ago and one of my racing collegues back then had a similar Torana with a chev big block in it.

There have also been at least a couple of older model mini's with V8's shoe horned into them, it all comes down to an individual wanting to do it and of course having the budget to get it done properly..........

oneightoo
22nd June 2006, 12:53 PM
my uncle put a v8 in a cooper s.. think he still has it in his garage, along with about 4 other racing mini cooper s'..

still, it's one exciting project..

btm
22nd June 2006, 01:04 PM
my uncle put a v8 in a cooper s.. think he still has it in his garage, along with about 4 other racing mini cooper s'..

still, it's one exciting project..
can i have one?

InsaneAsylum
22nd June 2006, 01:20 PM
WOFTAM

buy an ss

oneightoo
22nd June 2006, 01:20 PM
haha for sure..

blueraven
22nd June 2006, 01:35 PM
WOFTAM

buy an ss

And be like all the other yobbo morons with an ss? no thanks...

besides, SS commonwhores are slow and barge-like in the grand scheme of things, that astra will be a freakin rocket.

i agree way too much money for me, but if you have the money to do something special....

InsaneAsylum
22nd June 2006, 01:41 PM
it's good to be different, but purely on value for money and time spent it's a waste. buying an SS would be the practical and cost effective alternative.

you'll be surprised how sh1t that astra handles unless the guy does somethng about the weight distribustion although it will go well in straight line.

MatsHolden
22nd June 2006, 01:53 PM
And be like all the other yobbo morons with an ss? no thanks...

besides, SS commonwhores are slow and barge-like in the grand scheme of things, that astra will be a freakin rocket.

i agree way too much money for me, but if you have the money to do something special....

I use to drive an SS, allbeit for 4months lol, and i'm not a yobbo moron, bit of a snobby stereo type that one:p . Isn't this Astra overseas though? So he'd have to look at a Monaro :D.

xplosv57
24th June 2006, 08:49 PM
Please dont tease me!! V8 in an Astra, thats awesome!! Just like the DTM heroes in Europe, 4.0l V8 Astra coupes, if only they were roadworthy and avail in Aus!!

Miyagi
25th June 2006, 03:32 PM
LOL that is awesome, the inginuity of some people never fails to amaze me. :)

Wonder what sort of times it'll run.

blueraven
25th June 2006, 08:08 PM
since the gto runs supposedly a 13.9 and weighs close to a ton more...

i'd say 12's.....low ones :D